Author Topic: The 2019 Blow It Up Thread  (Read 22397 times)

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Re: The 2019 Blow It Up Thread
« Reply #50: April 01, 2019, 09:39:08 PM »
Window is slammed shut on this team. All offseason and ST we heard about how this team was going to work on fundamentals. Really shows. Cant hit the cutoff, cant field flyball, cant catch and tag, and cant make contact. While their manager was taking it on the chin, the players couldn't give two craps. They dont have an edge. No chip on their shoulder.

Its time to blow it up. Everything. This franchise needs a revamp. Fire the minor league coaches for not being able to teach the basics. Fire Rizzo. He clearly cant hire people.

Trade Rendon. He ain't signing long term and I'm starting to believe his attitude is part of the problem. Get what you can to prep for the future. Along that line, Gomes and Suzuki are expendable. So is Doolittle.

Tell Zim to retire. Move Soto to first. Play Noll everyday. Send Robles back to Double A.

I assume this is a tongue-in-cheek provocative statement, although I agree that we may have to brace ourselves for a long season.  There's a reasonable chance that this team can compete in the NL East.  BUT if things turn ugly by mid-June, THEN I don't want to see any foot dragging -- get ahead of the slaughter!  I noticed last year that many of you were holding out until the bitter end.  That myopic thinking by the fans and the front office needs to be adjusted.