Author Topic: The 2019 Blow It Up Thread  (Read 22535 times)

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Re: The 2019 Blow It Up Thread
« Reply #300: June 01, 2019, 07:44:09 PM »
Need a deep, deep rebuild.

Start with Rendon and Doolittle.  If someone will actually take Max's contract, you do it. Same with Stras or Corbin.

Then look to move Turner for a haul.

But keep Martinez for the long haul, right?   ;)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #301: June 01, 2019, 08:48:10 PM »
But keep Martinez for the long haul, right?   ;)

No

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #302: June 02, 2019, 02:31:53 AM »
Need a deep, deep rebuild.

Start with Rendon and Doolittle.  If someone will actually take Max's contract, you do it. Same with Stras or Corbin.

Then look to move Turner for a haul.
Better to keep everyone and get sad when Rendon signs elsewhere and Doolittle is hurt at the deadline next year and has no value. Then just sign some bandaid free agents and fire/hire/fire/etc some new clueless managers.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #303: June 02, 2019, 06:51:49 AM »
You mean start becoming like the O's ?  Then the population decrease of fans in the stands will follow as well.

Better to keep everyone and get sad when Rendon signs elsewhere and Doolittle is hurt at the deadline next year and has no value. Then just sign some bandaid free agents and fire/hire/fire/etc some new clueless managers.

Offline nats4ever

« Reply #304: June 02, 2019, 09:31:53 PM »
Spoken like a true bandwagon dc fan.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #305: June 15, 2019, 07:04:46 PM »
Sad to say, but its time.

Fire Martinez. Bring in Knoll or Lecroy. It doesnt matter which.

Send Soto and Robles down to the minors. Robles isnt ready. Soto needs to go learn to play first base. They can come back in September.

Start Eaton, Taylor, and Parra every day. Same with Dozier and Adams. Give them the opportunity to create trade value.

Move Turner to second base. We have a 2500 inning sample size of Turner at short and it ain't great. Its time to move him over.

At the deadline, you trade whatever you can. Rendon, Doolittle, Taylor, Parra, Howie, and Suzuki.

If someone gives you something of decent value for Strasburg, you take it to get out of that contract.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #306: June 15, 2019, 07:13:35 PM »
You don't trade Howie...

Offline Slateman

« Reply #307: June 15, 2019, 07:22:54 PM »
You don't trade Howie...
His contract is up at the end of the year. You definitely get whatever you can for him

Offline Mattionals

« Reply #308: June 15, 2019, 08:56:15 PM »
Yes, it's sell time. Might as well trade Rendon, Kendrick, Eaton, Adams, and Doolittle.

DFA Barraclaugh and just give Rosenthal the 9th. Get him into a groove and he might have value next season.

I think it's time to cut bait with DMart and go with Knorr.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #309: June 15, 2019, 09:12:44 PM »
Sad to say, but its time.

Fire Martinez. Bring in Knoll or Lecroy. It doesnt matter which.

Send Soto and Robles down to the minors. Robles isnt ready. Soto needs to go learn to play first base. They can come back in September.

Start Eaton, Taylor, and Parra every day. Same with Dozier and Adams. Give them the opportunity to create trade value.

Move Turner to second base. We have a 2500 inning sample size of Turner at short and it ain't great. Its time to move him over.

At the deadline, you trade whatever you can. Rendon, Doolittle, Taylor, Parra, Howie, and Suzuki.

If someone gives you something of decent value for Strasburg, you take it to get out of that contract.
At this point Corbin needs to get back on track before he becomes a hot commodity again.  How do you move Turner to second base this year if Dozier is there?  It's now obvious that Turner is a below average SS, but who would replace him?  I say keep him there and hope against hope that he improves over time.  And there's plenty of time for patience now.  Question is -- what is the target year that this team will again be competitive?  The answer is NOT 2020.  And it might not be 2021.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #310: June 15, 2019, 09:52:26 PM »
Yes, it's sell time. Might as well trade Rendon, Kendrick, Eaton, Adams, and Doolittle.

DFA Barraclaugh and just give Rosenthal the 9th. Get him into a groove and he might have value next season.

I think it's time to cut bait with DMart and go with Knorr.

We better not pick up Rosenthal's 14 million dollar option. Just let him walk at the end of the season.

At this point Corbin needs to get back on track before he becomes a hot commodity again.  How do you move Turner to second base this year if Dozier is there?  It's now obvious that Turner is a below average SS, but who would replace him?  I say keep him there and hope against hope that he improves over time.  And there's plenty of time for patience now.  Question is -- what is the target year that this team will again be competitive?  The answer is NOT 2020.  And it might not be 2021.
Corbin isnt going anywhere.

Turner moves to second when we trade Dozier. Sign Iglesias in the offseason.

Go all in and give Rendon a boatload of cash. Then flip Kieboom for the pitching that is needed. Or another corner OFer.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #311: June 15, 2019, 10:20:15 PM »
We better not pick up Rosenthal's 14 million dollar option. Just let him walk at the end of the season.
Corbin isnt going anywhere.

Turner moves to second when we trade Dozier. Sign Iglesias in the offseason.

Go all in and give Rendon a boatload of cash. Then flip Kieboom for the pitching that is needed. Or another corner OFer.

No one in their right mind would pick up that option on Rosenthal.   

If Rendon is traded, then the whole Ryan Zimmerman-like National for Life thing goes out the window.  I say trade him now  and let him sign somewhere else.  By the time this team is competitive again, Rendon will already be on the "back nine" (sorry to say).

Kieboom's market value right now is not high.  It's a better investment to let him mature in the organization at his own pace.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #312: June 16, 2019, 08:20:15 AM »
I posted this in the game day thread also. Would someone please perform last rites for the 2019 version of our beloved Nats and then recite the Kaddash.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #313: June 23, 2019, 04:49:42 PM »
Season ended today. You're not winning the division. The WC is irrelevant.

Everyone is tradeable on this team. Scherzer, Strasburg, Turner, Soto, Robles ... everyone

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #314: June 23, 2019, 05:19:22 PM »

Everyone is tradeable on this team. Scherzer, Strasburg, Turner, Soto, Robles ... everyone
I am ok with the WC and Scherzer or Stras pitching

Offline Slateman

« Reply #315: June 23, 2019, 05:49:34 PM »
JCA, did you not watch today? This team quit. Soroka was gone after two innings and the Nationals rolled over. It was, literally, the biggest game of the season and they freaking quit.

They have to add to make the WC game. And they wont spend money. The Lerners had a guy fired because the team went over the luxury tax. They will not let Rizzo do it again (in fact, I'd bet it's the only thing that would get him fired). So we wont get anyone worth a damn. The bullpen needed to be fixed weeks ago, when it was obvious that Rosenthal was a basket base and wouldnt be worth a crap.

It's time to revamp this franchise top to bottom. Coaching staffs in the minor leagues especially need to be replaced. We arent developing pitching catching, and you need to do both for long term success

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #316: June 23, 2019, 05:49:46 PM »

I'm with ya.

Offline rileyn

« Reply #317: June 23, 2019, 05:54:14 PM »

This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #318: June 23, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »

Yup.

Disappointing series outcome but we're in it. We could go on a run here to the ASB also.

Offline Slateman

« Reply #319: June 23, 2019, 06:40:13 PM »
This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Says the dude who wants Parra in CF. You enjoy watching your boy be unable to get to a routine fly ball today?

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
« Reply #320: June 23, 2019, 06:51:43 PM »
I'd be OK with it, also.  Problem is, it ain't gonna happen.  Do you all see how many teams are ahead AND how many are right behind?.  It's  an optical illusion when you see that we're 3.5 games behind.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #321: June 23, 2019, 06:53:41 PM »
This team will never do anything with the present organizational system. Kind of like the Redskins but not as bad.
Get rid of Rizzo and it won't matter.
This team will still be run like a shopping center.
Blow up all you want that aspect will never " Blow Up"

Online GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #322: June 23, 2019, 08:29:36 PM »
Says the dude who wants Parra in CF. You enjoy watching your boy be unable to get to a routine fly ball today?

Eaton was shouting for it the entire time. (Not to say that Parra is the answer in CF.)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #323: June 23, 2019, 09:02:12 PM »
I'd be OK with it, also.  Problem is, it ain't gonna happen.  Do you all see how many teams are ahead AND how many are right behind?.  It's  an optical illusion when you see that we're 3.5 games behind.
I'm not saying it is going to happen, I'm just saying that, among the Phillies, Colorado, St Louis, and Arizona, I'm not saying we haven't a chance at beating all of them out.  They are all flawed teams. Maybe the smart play is to tank and let one of those other  teams grab the last playoff spot, but that only works if you get some killer offers for your talent.  Otherwise, I look for incremental improvements to the pen.   

Offline rileyn

« Reply #324: June 23, 2019, 10:11:52 PM »
I want Robles in CF, not traded like you do.  I prefer Parra over MAT, all day every day.