Author Topic: Things that are better than off-days, 2019 edition  (Read 6069 times)

Offline dracnal

Got nothing today.

As was pointed out to me earlier today, even the Nats can't find a way to NOT advance to the NLCS today.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
these off days are sweet :pimp:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Miami - Washington NFL game

Offline blue911

Semi-pro is a better description

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

This might possibly be the worst “NFL” game of the century.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

They'll probably tie for the loss.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Watching El Camino on Netflix.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

I thought it was my meds.

Offline natsarl

Only two teams I follow in DC are the Caps and Nats.  Poor Skins fans...will always be a disaster with that douchebag of an owner.

Offline vernon337

Had a weird thing happen earlier this week.  Was listening to the sports stations while driving around, and all three I listen to were talking about the Nats. 

A far cry from earlier years, when even during the days when the Nats were in the playoffs, the talk would be about the Redskins. 

I wonder what the impact would be on the area sports fans if the Nats make it to the World Series.   

Offline mitlen

Had a weird thing happen earlier this week.  Was listening to the sports stations while driving around, and all three I listen to were talking about the Nats. 

A far cry from earlier years, when even during the days when the Nats were in the playoffs, the talk would be about the Redskins. 

I wonder what the impact would be on the area sports fans if the Nats make it to the World Series.   

I was at a local festivity yesterday.    Had on my :w: hoodie and Opening Day 2015 hat.    I have never seen more :w:'s or had more casual Nats' chat on the street since 2005.     It's great.     Came home and mentioned to the missus, "Lot's of front runnin' goin' on out there."      :)

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Coke will do that to you

I thought it was my meds.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Given DC is such an area of "transplants", it will be interesting to see people leave their former teams as they start rooting for the Nets.

Online Natsinpwc

Given DC is such an area of "transplants", it will be interesting to see people leave their former teams as they start rooting for the Nets.
The Nets should be more exciting this year with Kyrie and KD later in the year.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Mathguy is on the wrong forum (the A and E aren't even on the same row :lmao:)

Offline mitlen

Offline tenken627

So I was in Miami over the weekend for a work conference, and we had hours before our flight back yesterday. Decided to go to the Skins-Dolphins game to kill time (tickets are so cheap there!).

I used to think Washington area stadiums are the worst in regards to the number of opposing fans. I saw the pictures of how many Patriots fans were at FedEx Field a few weeks ago. But I was shocked Hard Rock Stadium was literally filled with Skins fans. Maybe a full 40%. As bad as the Skins are.

And half of those Skins fans wore 21 Sean Taylor's jersey.

Offline Bookman

yuck yuck
Who is posting the Game 3 GDT?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
Waiting for the crappy-ass American League to wrap up the 2019 runner up tournament for a week!

Online Natsinpwc

Waiting for the crappy-ass American League to wrap up the 2019 runner up tournament for a week!

Offline mitlen

Junior circuit

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
For a long time, the 'skins were the south's NFL team.  Maybe only through the 50s/60s, but there's tradition.

So I was in Miami over the weekend for a work conference, and we had hours before our flight back yesterday. Decided to go to the Skins-Dolphins game to kill time (tickets are so cheap there!).

I used to think Washington area stadiums are the worst in regards to the number of opposing fans. I saw the pictures of how many Patriots fans were at FedEx Field a few weeks ago. But I was shocked Hard Rock Stadium was literally filled with Skins fans. Maybe a full 40%. As bad as the Skins are.

And half of those Skins fans wore 21 Sean Taylor's jersey.

Offline mitlen

Basking in the glow of the World Series.      Seventy five and sunny   ...

Offline GNatsNoMore

Watching the new All Elite Wrestling League.  Check your local listings sports fans. 

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
You guys are doing it wrong.

"Every Nats team except for 2019"