Author Topic: Things that are better than off-days, 2019 edition  (Read 6079 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
That book hurt my head as a freshman in college.   I've never recovered.    I was watchin' the weather the other day and followed Hurricane Dorian.    That led me to another brain cell killer   ...   "The Picture of Dorian Gray".
Mhmmmm

Online Five Banners

Taking in the P-Nats for probably the last time

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Correct they’ll probably be the F-Nats. ;)

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

enjoy the game.  Maybe they'll give you a piece of the bleachers afterwards, or a urinal cake.

Offline Natsinpwc

enjoy the game.  Maybe they'll give you a piece of the bleachers afterwards, or a urinal cake.
Don’t they serve those at the food stands?

Online imref

Don’t they serve those at the food stands?

you have ask specifically for them. :)

When we were there the other night they had an $8 deal that included a hat, refillable soda, and a burrito from some other restaurant, best food we've had the park.

Online Slateman

WNFF server maintenance

Offline ajcartwright

having the timing belt replaced, the water pump, water pump shaft and shaft seals replaced along with 4 new tires and of course an alignment. also some sensor things i think they just made up - man, good thing i have a social security check coming in a couple of days

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Never got Joyce.  At all.  To me it is the Radiohead of literature.  So yeah, off days  :lol:

:shock:

:worship:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
having the timing belt replaced, the water pump, water pump shaft and shaft seals replaced along with 4 new tires and of course an alignment. also some sensor things i think they just made up - man, good thing i have a social security check coming in a couple of days

Is everyone here on social security?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

I’m not. Could be but I’m holding off for another year.

Offline UMDNats

:lmao:

Yes.

Online imref

much better than the alternative of having it break on you while you are driving.   What's it running you?  I think I paid around $1,200 for the same service on my Odyssey (plus changing the main drive belt)

Offline Natsinpwc

much better than the alternative of having it break on you while you are driving.   What's it running you?  I think I paid around $1,200 for the same service on my Odyssey (plus changing the main drive belt)
Sounds about right. In my last odyssey I did it twice. And was hoping for a third until that bear jumped in front of my car.

Offline Natsinpwc

I have a few months to go.

Online imref

I have a few months to go.

16 more years.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
16 more years.

I don’t even bother counting. Zero chance I see that money. Good thing I get to find the boomers retirement.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
I don’t even bother counting. Zero chance I see that money. Good thing I get to find the boomers retirement.

Thank you

Offline ajcartwright

estimate is right at 3K - car is a GMC acadia

Online Slateman

Get a new car

Online imref

wow.  I'd have figured that with the tires you'd be looking at around $2k. 

I rented an Acadia a few weeks ago for a work trip, nice SUV.

Offline ajcartwright

Get a new car
we debated that for a while.... it was either fix this car up some, buy less car than we really want, or take on car payments which we do not want to do. this car has 85,000 miles on it and we look to get 112,000 - 120,000 miles out of it so we figure spend some now and in 2-3 years when some financial resources free up maybe we can pay cash for a new one. plus we really like this vehicle...who knows, we just hope we made the correct decision

Online imref

we debated that for a while.... it was either fix this car up some, buy less car than we really want, or take on car payments which we do not want to do. this car has 85,000 miles on it and we look to get 112,000 - 120,000 miles out of it so we figure spend some now and in 2-3 years when some financial resources free up maybe we can pay cash for a new one. plus we really like this vehicle...who knows, we just hope we made the correct decision

85k is too soon to junk it for a $3k maintenance.

My previous minivan was a 2003 Odyssey.  At about 7 years / 86k the transmission started slipping.  Took it to the dealer and too Curry's.  From both I got nearly identical estimates of $12k - new transmission + needed a timing belt, broken engine mount, and the ABS controller had failed. I ended up selling it to CarMax for about $5k and after swearing I'd never buy another Honda, bought another Odyssey.  That one is just over 8 years old, has 116k miles, and so far has been perfectly reliable with only an alternator failure that was covered by the extended warranty.  Did the timing belt package at around 95k.

Online Slateman

That's asking a lot for a GM product. 2-3 years now, you'll have gone through this a couple times.

Online imref

That's asking a lot for a GM product. 2-3 years now, you'll have gone through this a couple times.

Whatever you are smoking, please stop. :)

My Chevy truck is five years old, has about 36k miles, and hasn't needed anything other than oil changes.  I'm getting ready to finally put new tires on it.