Author Topic: Gameday Threads - 2019  (Read 14470 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #200: October 21, 2019, 05:29:33 PM »
Gotta be the chief. Or N2P

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #201: October 21, 2019, 05:37:45 PM »
Gotta be the chief. Or N2P

It was already decided that the chief would do it. I'm surprised he's trying to jump the line.  :mg:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #202: October 21, 2019, 05:42:05 PM »
It was already decided that the chief would do it. I'm surprised he's trying to jump the line.  :mg:

Go Chief Go!

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #203: October 21, 2019, 05:51:04 PM »
I would kinda prefer to start the home game, which was the original plan until someone pointed out that N2P wouldn't do back-to-back games because of superstition.  Also kinda feels like a setup w/ Cole pitching :lmao: :couch:

Does N2P have an opinion on all of this?

I'll acquiesce and take game 1 if it's the will of the people :donkey:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #204: October 21, 2019, 06:21:35 PM »
I would kinda prefer to start the home game, which was the original plan until someone pointed out that N2P wouldn't do back-to-back games because of superstition.  Also kinda feels like a setup w/ Cole pitching :lmao: :couch:

Does N2P have an opinion on all of this?

I'll acquiesce and take game 1 if it's the will of the people :donkey:

First, I hope the Moderators will DELETE any World Series GDT started by anyone who has not started a GDT in 2019. Rookies can create one in 2020 (but not Opening Day.)
 :punch:
This is my proposed World Series GDT schedule, based on sweeping the Cardinals, beating the favored Dodgers, and matching GDT creators to the pitchers they won with, (and generally, if they were on the road or at home.) You can call it karma or fate or good vibes or superstition, but this has worked so far.

:w: Game 1 at Houston: spidernat, Scherzer. spidernat won Game 2 at STL with Scherzer. spidernat also got a road win in 2014, our only win against San Franciso (Game 3 with Fister.) spidernat posted Mon 10-21-19 at 11:31:24 AM » “I'm surprised at how many people are shaking in their boots over the possibility of going up against the astros and about the week "layoff". I wonder if all fanbases are filled with so many chicken littles.” We need this Natitude.

:w: Game 2 at Houston: RobDibblesGhost, Strasburg. RDG won Game 3 vs STL with Strasburg. RDG also won a 2017 road game at the Dodgers, with Gio Gonzalez. If we lose Game 1, maybe move bluestreak up to take Game 2. bluestreak got our first win in BOTH the Dodgers series and the Cardinals series, with Strasburg. We need to win at least one of the first 2 games in Houston.

:w: Game 3 at Washington: nats2playoffs, Corbin. I won Game 4 in DC with Corbin, my 3rd Corbin win of the season in 9 GDTs (and 1st playoff win ever.)  Note that the runt in my avatar, throwing a ball up and down, is left-handed, like Corbin. (If they move Corbin to Game 4, then bluestreak and I can switch.)

:w: Game 4 at Washington: bluestreak, presumably Sanchez. bluestreak got our first win in BOTH the the Cardinals series, with Sanchez, and in the Dodgers series with Strasburg. If the Nationals sweep games 1-2-3, let The Chief start this GDT, if he wants it (for the World Series win.)

:w:  If needed, Game 5 at Washington: Slateman, Scherzer. Slateman won elimination Game 4 in DC vs the Dodgers with Scherzer. If the Nationals are up 3-1, let The Chief start this GDT, if he wants it (for the World Series win.)

:w:  If needed, Game 6 at Houston: NatNasty, Strasburg. (He better have the meat grilled and ready to eat BEFORE first pitch! Leave work early!) NatNasty won 2019 elimination Game 5 at the Dodgers with Strasburg. NatNasty also won the 2017 elimination Game 4 at the Cubs, also with Strasburg.

:w:  If needed, Game 7 at Houston: imref, Corbin or Sanchez. imref won the 2019 elimination Wild Card game in DC against the Brewers, with Scherzer.

This is what The Chief posted the last time the Nationals were in the process of being eliminated:
2017 / Re: Nationals vs Cubs, NLDS Game 1,
« on: October 06, 2017, 09:52:00 PM »
“I know it's early, but I need to get this off my chest:
I'll never truly believe this team can do it until they show me otherwise, and that's how I've felt every day for the last 5 years.”

So let's deliver a World Series to The Chief and DC's long-suffering baseball fans with this schedule.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #205: October 21, 2019, 06:23:33 PM »
Not going to get in the way of what works.  Only thing I'd say to N2P is that, while it is consecutive games, you've had several days off.  Sort of like the All Star break, but even longer. 

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #206: October 21, 2019, 06:31:22 PM »
Geez n2p is a legend

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #207: October 21, 2019, 06:34:43 PM »
Not going to get in the way of what works.  Only thing I'd say to N2P is that, while it is consecutive games, you've had several days off.  Sort of like the All Star break, but even longer.

I have 3 playoff losses and 2 are with Scherzer: 2016 Game 1 at the Dodgers, and 2017 Game 3 at the Cubs. My third loss was in 2012 Game 3 in DC with Edwin Jackson. So I don't need to be doing a road game or a Scherzer game. My only playoff win is with Corbin, and I even predicted in the YNOT guessing game that he'd give up 4 earned runs.

spidernat is a TRUE BELIEVER, who WILL deliver us a win over Gerrit Cole in Houston, with Max Scherzer, (who will hopefully try to pitch 8 innings, instead of trying to strike out every single batter.)

The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #208: October 21, 2019, 06:37:24 PM »
schedule sounds good to me.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #209: October 21, 2019, 06:52:49 PM »
Alright, I'm now going to be at game 3 so it's unlikely I'd be able to give a GDT the attention it deserves.  I'm down with N2P's roster :clap:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #210: October 21, 2019, 06:54:08 PM »
So chief does no games? Unless there is a sweep?

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #211: October 21, 2019, 07:03:30 PM »
schedule sounds good to me.

Not to me. Most on this list didn’t go to the meet and greet so they should be excluded. :whip:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #212: October 21, 2019, 07:14:00 PM »
So chief does no games? Unless there is a sweep?

The Chief is listed as the potential World Series winning GDT creator for either Game 4 or Game 5, depending on the outcomes (3-0 or 3-1). Fans would be reading that winning GDT many years from now.

Is spidernat on an airplane traveling? Can he do Game 1? I sent him a PM with a link.

If he's a no-show, The Chief has a 2012 road game win in Game 1 at St Louis, (with Gio Gonzalez!) But imref already has a 2019 Scherzer playoff win, the Wild Card elimination game, which was in DC. I'd suggest imref do Game 1, if spidernat cannot. He already got us going with the Wild Card win.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #213: October 21, 2019, 09:34:59 PM »
I started a gdt, feel free to delete it and replace it with your own Chief (you know I don't mind  :D).

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #214: October 21, 2019, 11:34:01 PM »
How many Hail Lerners does spidernat need to recite when the Nats win this thing? He's a doubting spider  :poke:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #215: October 21, 2019, 11:42:57 PM »
Also, NatNasty is our postseason Strasburg :shock:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #216: October 21, 2019, 11:49:58 PM »
How many Hail Lerners does spidernat need to recite when the Nats win this thing? He's a doubting spider  :poke:

:rites:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #217: October 22, 2019, 10:19:05 AM »

those prayments will be deferred until infinity! :judge:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #218: October 22, 2019, 10:38:13 AM »

those prayments will be deferred until infinity! :judge:

...   and beyond

Offline trisha3121

« Reply #219: October 22, 2019, 10:58:04 AM »
A diehard Yankees fan wishing you luck!  Extremely impressed with your Nats.  I hope your organization really keeps an eye on everything the Astros do, because when you see even fans of that team saying the team has been cheating, it's hard to believe they are not.  Three postseasons is a long time to be accused of cheating.  (And what's Hinch going to say?  "Yes of course we cheat!!"???)   Anyway, here's hoping that skill, justice, the baseball gods, and karma all meet on the field and bring the trophy home to the Nats. 

For the rest of this postseason, I'm a Nat's fan!

Offline spidernat

« Reply #220: October 22, 2019, 11:26:17 AM »
lol, a bitter yankee fan (but I admit that the swing on the walkoff homer had the feel of someone who knew the slider was coming and I think that was why Chapman was grinning and waited for Altuve to come around to say something to him on the way to the dugout :lol:)

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #221: October 22, 2019, 11:27:57 AM »
lol, a bitter yankee fan (but I admit that the swing on the walkoff homer had the feel of someone who knew the slider was coming and I think that was why Chapman was grinning and waited for Altuve to come around to say something to him on the way to the dugout :lol:)
If a team is dumb enough to tip pitches, how can you turn that down. 

Offline spidernat

« Reply #222: October 22, 2019, 11:28:55 AM »
Agreed but I'm not sure they think they were either tipping pitches or stealing them from 2B (either of those is acceptable in my book). They suspect something else is going on. :lol:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #223: October 22, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »
A diehard Yankees fan wishing you luck!  Extremely impressed with your Nats.  I hope your organization really keeps an eye on everything the Astros do, because when you see even fans of that team saying the team has been cheating, it's hard to believe they are not.  Three postseasons is a long time to be accused of cheating.  (And what's Hinch going to say?  "Yes of course we cheat!!"???)   Anyway, here's hoping that skill, justice, the baseball gods, and karma all meet on the field and bring the trophy home to the Nats. 

For the rest of this postseason, I'm a Nat's fan!

Not to worry.    We already believe everyone else cheats.       :)

Offline trisha3121

« Reply #224: October 22, 2019, 12:41:32 PM »
Ha!  Pretty funny you say that.  It's a line I used whenever the Yankees lost this season.   :D

Actually I couldn't be more proud of what the Yankees achieved based on the injuries they sustained throughout the season.

Even though it's an AL team, I cannot bring myself to root for the Astros based on that reputation.  Though of course I would have wanted the Yankees to defeat the Nats had they played them, I do remember feeling so happy when the Nats made it to the WS because I actually remember the season when Strasburg had just come up and all the controversey surrounding his being shut down.  I know I thought at the time the team made the right move because it was more important to protect his arm than potentially abuse him in order to get to the postseason.  So it was really gratifying to see your Nats get there and seeing Strasburg as part of it.  Reminds me of the saying, good waiters get good tips.   ;)

Congrats again, and GO NATS!