Author Topic: Gameday Threads - 2019  (Read 8098 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline nats2playoffs

  • Posts: 23819
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #150: October 13, 2019, 11:46:41 AM »
So who's getting the nod for tomorrow night?

DCFan is 0-1 against St Louis in 2019.


mitlen is 4-3 in Strasburg starts in 2019 and 1-0 in Corbin starts. (I'm 2-0 in Corbin starts but 0-1 in playoffs vs St Louis, in 2012.)

mitlen leads WNFF with 15 wins for the whole 2019 season, with both of our 2 wins against St. Louis (1 away, 1 at home). In career playoff statistics, mitlen is undefeated at 2-0.

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 66080
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #151: October 13, 2019, 01:41:21 PM »
DCFan is 0-1 against St Louis in 2019.

(Image removed from quote.)
mitlen is 4-3 in Strasburg starts in 2019 and 1-0 in Corbin starts. (I'm 2-0 in Corbin starts but 0-1 in playoffs vs St Louis, in 2012.)

mitlen leads WNFF with 15 wins for the whole 2019 season, with both of our 2 wins against St. Louis (1 away, 1 at home). In career playoff statistics, mitlen is undefeated at 2-0.

I'm gonna stick with what's got us here.     Let's go with a Plan B.   (:))       This is all part of my winning strategy.       I've been listening to a lot of Charlie and Dave while on R & R.    ;)     Thanks     

Offline nats2playoffs

  • Posts: 23819
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #152: October 13, 2019, 05:48:47 PM »
I'm gonna stick with what's got us here.     Let's go with a Plan B.   (:))       This is all part of my winning strategy.       I've been listening to a lot of Charlie and Dave while on R & R.    ;)     Thanks   

So that means Slateman should start Game 3 (assuming he'll post the lineups again.)
 :w:   :koolaid:
(13 of DCFan's 15 GDTs had no lineups.)


If spidey & mitlen are at the same rehab, do they get a Nationals' Presidential quantity discount?

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 66080
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #153: October 13, 2019, 06:49:35 PM »
So that means Slateman should start Game 3 (assuming he'll post the lineups again.)
 :w:   :koolaid:
(13 of DCFan's 15 GDTs had no lineups.)

(Image removed from quote.)
If spidey & mitlen are at the same rehab, do they get a Nationals' Presidential quantity discount?

Hell, I'd take Medicare steppin' up.     :)

Offline The Chief

  • Posts: 31542
    • http://www.wnff.net
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #154: October 14, 2019, 01:58:50 PM »
Alright so who did we decide on for tonight?

Offline DCFan

  • Posts: 15584
  • What are you dense?
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #155: October 14, 2019, 02:07:00 PM »
Hell, I'd take Medicare steppin' up.     :)

Thanks but I will respectfully bow out in favor of Plan C.

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 76205
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #156: October 14, 2019, 02:15:18 PM »
lineups are out, someone other than bs and myself start the gdt to spark early discussion! :judge:

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 66080
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #157: October 14, 2019, 02:30:19 PM »
Thanks but I will respectfully bow out in favor of Plan C.

Not to digress (:couch:) but I wanna check alternate plans.

Offline DCFan

  • Posts: 15584
  • What are you dense?
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #158: October 14, 2019, 02:32:27 PM »
Not to digress (:couch:) but I wanna check alternate plans.

I’m thinking that Medicare Advantage might be the way to go. ;)

Offline Natsinpwc

  • Posts: 16297
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #159: October 14, 2019, 02:42:31 PM »
I’m thinking that Medicare Advantage might be the way to go. ;)
You guys are so lucky to be old.  😏 Six surgeries this year for me—my FEHB plan is good but still had to pay for quite a bit out of pocket.

Offline Natsinpwc

  • Posts: 16297
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #160: October 14, 2019, 02:43:16 PM »
Good to see Robles back in the lineup. Kevlar head to toe and lean into every pitch.

Offline UMDNats

  • Posts: 16845
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #161: October 14, 2019, 02:43:29 PM »
welcome to WNFF, were 70% of threads end up a discussion about medicare and the other 30% end up with name-calling :lol: :whip:

Offline RobDibblesGhost

  • Posts: 30336
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #162: October 14, 2019, 02:45:53 PM »
Since no one else has stepped up I'm on it.

Offline Natsinpwc

  • Posts: 16297
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #163: October 14, 2019, 02:47:24 PM »
welcome to WNFF, were 70% of threads end up a discussion about medicare and the other 30% end up with name-calling :lol: :whip:
You’re just jealous because it will all be gone when you get old.

Offline mitlen

  • Posts: 66080
  • We had 'em all the way.
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #164: October 14, 2019, 02:53:08 PM »
Since no one else has stepped up I'm on it.

Get some

Offline spidernat

  • Posts: 76205
  • The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #165: October 15, 2019, 11:31:39 AM »
VaRK, Slate, imref, NatNasty, Chief, n2p one of you needs to step up on tonight's GDT. :judge:

Offline imref

  • Posts: 31164
  • Redemption - Uh..Hurt Neck
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #166: October 15, 2019, 11:48:43 AM »
VaRK, Slate, imref, NatNasty, Chief, n2p one of you needs to step up on tonight's GDT. :judge:

I’m out. :(

Offline varoadking

  • Posts: 27487
  • King of Goodness
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #167: October 15, 2019, 11:52:19 AM »
VaRK, Slate, imref, NatNasty, Chief, n2p one of you needs to step up on tonight's GDT. :judge:

NatNasty or N2P should do it.  Save the Chief for WS Game 1...

Offline Elvir Ovcina

  • Posts: 3279
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #168: October 15, 2019, 03:44:29 PM »
NatNasty or N2P should do it.  Save the Chief for WS Game 1...

Getting near time for it to be up.  I'll take it (my first GDT ever) if nobody else runs with it in the next 45 mins or so.

Offline Baseball is Life

  • Posts: 20394
  • Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #169: October 15, 2019, 04:16:28 PM »
Getting near time for it to be up.  I'll take it (my first GDT ever) if nobody else runs with it in the next 45 mins or so.

Do it. The others can't seem to type because they're twiddling their thumbs.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

  • Global Moderator
  • ****
  • Posts: 28237
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #170: October 15, 2019, 04:22:54 PM »
Getting near time for it to be up.  I'll take it (my first GDT ever) if nobody else runs with it in the next 45 mins or so.
N2P grabbed it!  It's up

Offline Elvir Ovcina

  • Posts: 3279
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #171: October 15, 2019, 04:23:03 PM »
Do it. The others can't seem to type because they're twiddling their thumbs.

N2P is on it. 

N2P grabbed it!  It's up

Yep, and just as I was getting it set up all nice and purdy.  Had the MORANS pic and a broom and and and...

Offline nats2playoffs

  • Posts: 23819
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #172: October 15, 2019, 11:32:27 PM »
Cumulative CAREER record of thread launchers in playoffs, after the 2019 4-game NCLS SWEEP of the St Louis Cardinals ended 15 October 2019 (Ted Lerner's 94th birthday):

1.000 - 2-0 - bluestreak
1.000 - 2-0 - mitlen
1.000 - 2-0 - NatNasty
1.000 - 2-0 - spidernat
1.000 - 1-0 - imref
1.000 - 1-0 - Slateman
  .500 - 2-2 - RobDibblesGhost
  .500 - 2-2 - The Chief
  .250 - 1-3 - nats2playoffs
  .000 - 0-1 - Ali the Baseball Cat
  .000 - 0-1 - DPMOmaha
  .000 - 0-1 - eddieje1
  .000 - 0-1 - MarquisDeSade
  .000 - 0-1 - WhiteWhale
  .000 - 0-2 - varoadking

Total  15-14 or .517 in 29 playoff games:
2012 (2-3), 2014 (1-3), 2016 (2-3), 2017 (2-3), 2019 (8-2 so far)
______________________________________
Old Chelsea: "It has got to be this year. It simply HAS to be THIS YEAR."
 :cheers:   :w:   :uk:   :minigunz:
It is better to go for a fresh beer than to curse the darkness."

Offline varoadking

  • Posts: 27487
  • King of Goodness
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #173: October 15, 2019, 11:49:54 PM »

Well done, all!    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline imref

  • Posts: 31164
  • Redemption - Uh..Hurt Neck
Re: Gameday Threads - 2019
« Reply #174: October 16, 2019, 12:33:27 AM »