Author Topic: Sandlot Reboot  (Read 1044 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

Re: Sandlot Reboot
« Reply #1: March 03, 2019, 03:44:33 PM »
My favorite summer movie, my young kids like it and get it. Don’t mess with it

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #2: March 03, 2019, 04:25:40 PM »
My favorite summer movie, my young kids like it and get it. Don’t mess with it
No one will be forced to watch it.

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #3: March 03, 2019, 06:15:06 PM »
crap, I agree with blue and Half.  Don't mess with it !

I just watched it again today, in fact....

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #4: March 05, 2019, 09:57:20 AM »
There is NO need for a reboot, the original is perfect and young kids just discovering it today like my 4 year old grandson love it just as much as my kids did when it first came out. 

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #5: March 05, 2019, 10:01:19 AM »
Original cast? A bunch of middle-aged men attempting their weekend warrior baseball games? What are they going to be the bleacher parents? The team coaches? OR will everything be flashbacks?

The sequel that was made was some 10-20  years later with different kids but same exact story. The original story was all that was needed a bunch of kids who had a spectacular summer.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #6: March 05, 2019, 10:09:25 AM »
Moves from the 60s to the 80s. So it'll be less retro, but still retro. If it were set in the present day, they'd be in their late 60s/early 70s.

Those kids are all older than mitlen or VaRK.  :hysterical:

"I just sold a Sandlot television show. We're about to get an order for the first two seasons," [Evans] told host Cooperstown Kurt. Evans said he couldn't tell Kurt who was going to stream it, but "I know who's going to stream it. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out right now."

He added, "I already got all the original cast members back. It takes place in 1984, when they're all, like, 33 years old and they all have children of their own, and that's all I can tell you." Evans did not say which of the cast members would be returning; the original movie was set in the San Fernando Valley in 1962."

Original cast? A bunch of middle-aged men attempting their weekend warrior baseball games? What are they going to be the bleacher parents? The team coaches? OR will everything be flashbacks?

The sequel that was made was some 10-20  years later with different kids but same exact story. The original story was all that was needed a bunch of kids who had a spectacular summer.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #7: March 05, 2019, 10:11:55 AM »
sad

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8: March 05, 2019, 10:24:31 AM »
You’re killing me, Smalls...

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #9: March 05, 2019, 10:33:38 AM »
Moves from the 60s to the 80s. So it'll be less retro, but still retro. If it were set in the present day, they'd be in their late 60s/early 70s.

Those kids are all older than mitlen or VaRK.  :hysterical:

"I just sold a Sandlot television show. We're about to get an order for the first two seasons," [Evans] told host Cooperstown Kurt. Evans said he couldn't tell Kurt who was going to stream it, but "I know who's going to stream it. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out right now."

He added, "I already got all the original cast members back. It takes place in 1984, when they're all, like, 33 years old and they all have children of their own, and that's all I can tell you." Evans did not say which of the cast members would be returning; the original movie was set in the San Fernando Valley in 1962."

So the reporter, rich ceo twins, local drugstore owner and retired mlb player just live in the same neighborhood?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10: March 05, 2019, 10:35:54 AM »
So the reporter, rich ceo twins, local drugstore owner and retired mlb player just live in the same neighborhood?

And Wendy Peffercorn...

https://www.maxim.com/.amp/women/wendy-peffercorn-marley-shelton-photos-2016-03

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #11: March 05, 2019, 10:47:37 AM »
You guys get so butt hurt over every little thing.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #12: March 05, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »

maybe the reporter got a rent-controlled apartment and the CEO twins are resorting to a frugal lifestyle after overspending for too long and the local drugstore owner is actually a landlord too and also the mlb player wanted to be close to his buddies

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #13: March 05, 2019, 10:54:18 AM »
Or... the CEO twins are big pharma guys and the drug store owner is filling oxy prescriptions with very little documentation and the ex-MLBer is hooked, and the sportscaster is trying to break into real journalism by blowing the whole thing wide open...

And their kids play ball together.

maybe the reporter got a rent-controlled apartment and the CEO twins are resorting to a frugal lifestyle after overspending for too long and the local drugstore owner is actually a landlord too and also the mlb player wanted to be close to his buddies

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #14: March 05, 2019, 10:57:10 AM »
Or... the CEO twins are big pharma guys and the drug store owner is filling oxy prescriptions with very little documentation and the ex-MLBer is hooked, and the sportscaster is trying to break into real journalism by blowing the whole thing wide open...

yes, i would watch this :clap:

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #15: March 05, 2019, 10:58:01 AM »
Where does the pro-wrestler come in?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16: March 05, 2019, 11:04:42 AM »

Also hooked on Oxy.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #17: March 05, 2019, 11:06:13 AM »
The more I think about it, the more I could get behind a super dark reboot along the lines of riverdale/sabrina

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #18: March 05, 2019, 11:11:14 AM »

:lmao:

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #19: March 05, 2019, 11:37:48 AM »
The more I think about it, the more I could get behind a super dark reboot along the lines of riverdale/sabrina

Speaking of dark reboots? Did anyone see the spoof Home Alone reboot trailer? I would pay twice to see it if it was an actual movie.

Edited to add link:

Offline GburgNatsFan

« Reply #20: March 05, 2019, 11:51:47 AM »
Security for the oxy-dealing "pharamacist."

And as BS says... also hooked on oxy.

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #21: March 07, 2019, 07:12:59 PM »
You guys get so butt hurt over every little thing.

You don't freak with perfection, pwc...

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #22: March 07, 2019, 07:58:38 PM »
You don't freak with perfection, pwc...
Perfectly butt hurt?

I liked the original Star Trek. No one forced me to watch any of the sequels. Apparently people here will be forced to watch this just as they are being forced to follow everything happening with Harper even when they say they are over him.  :hysterical:

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #23: March 07, 2019, 08:06:12 PM »
I liked the original Star Trek. No one forced me to watch any of the sequels.

So you admit it, you're the one who actually liked Star Trek Voyager...   :hysterical:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24: March 07, 2019, 08:49:28 PM »
Perfectly butt hurt?

I liked the original Star Trek. No one forced me to watch any of the sequels. Apparently people here will be forced to watch this just as they are being forced to follow everything happening with Harper even when they say they are over him.  :hysterical:

I mean why talk about anything? Why talk about the baseball? No one forces anyone to watch.