Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43370 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I found this to be a good article on the whole Harper saga with us.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/10/14/20912765/bryce-harper-washington-nationals-nlcs

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
I found this to be a good article on the whole Harper saga with us.

https://www.theringer.com/2019/10/14/20912765/bryce-harper-washington-nationals-nlcs

His friend made easily one of the stoopidest suggestions I've ever seen in print:

Why not have Harper throw out the first pitch at a Nats game?

And, Rendon did not make his first All Star "appearance" this year.

Otherwise...a decent morning read...thanks...

Offline UMDNats

yeah wtf are they talking about, having harper throw out a first pitch? man, good to see the ringer is still the waste of internet space as it always been. wonder when bill simmons' money will finally dry up for the VC behind it pulls out

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
yeah wtf are they talking about, having harper throw out a first pitch? man, good to see the ringer is still the waste of internet space as it always been. wonder when bill simmons' money will finally dry up for the VC behind it pulls out

It was a throwaway line in what I though was a pretty good article.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
His friend made easily one of the stoopidest suggestions I've ever seen in print:

Why not have Harper throw out the first pitch at a Nats game?

:lmao:  I thought the suggestion was for somewhere down the line (after he retired) and that sounded stupid enough. But this idiot suggested he do it this week for a playoff game! :crackup: fanbois are freaking stupid.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

hopefully never, I love a bunch of Ringer podcasts. 

Offline UMDNats

It was a throwaway line in what I though was a pretty good article.

meh, it was a pretty aerial view of the harper stuff with a pretty good "nats fans are ridiculous but that's sports" tone. i thought there would be something more to it.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline spidernat

I can already see the "here's your ring nag!" t-shirts at Nationals Park next season when the phillies are in DC. :stir:

the taunting should be fabulous  :hysterical:

Offline Count Walewski

They had a live band playing near that area behind the scoreboard, just covers of famous hit songs. They started playing Jonathan Papelbon's old closer entrance music (at least in Boston) and I got annoyed. Then I remembered that I guess strangling Harper is probably popular with Nats fans now.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Bring back Paps to throw out the first ball.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline Slateman

Happy birthday, Bryce

Offline rileyn

Bryce finally spoke yesterday.  He said he has no jealousy and he is so happy for the guys.  I love the fact that he has to even answer these questions. 

Offline spidernat

No matter what happens the rest of the way, if Parra signs with a NL team next season and he comes back as a visitor, does he get a standing ovation or does he even get the baby shark for one AB?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
No matter what happens the rest of the way, if Parra signs with a NL team next season and he comes back as a visitor, does he get a standing ovation or does he even get the baby shark for one AB?

...  if we win the Series.     

Offline spidernat

At this point I don't think it matters. I think it would be even juicier if he went to the phillies and Harper gets to witness how the fans embrace Parra but boo the crap out of him. :crackup:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
At this point I don't think it matters. I think it would be even juicier if he went to the phillies and Harper gets to witness how the fans embrace Parra but boo the crap out of him. :crackup:

I like how you think there.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
you know, if we win, the "Dude where's my ring" memes will be outstanding.

Offline spidernat

"Your ring's in the mail nag!"

Offline Slateman

Not if he signs with a division rival.

But we played Take On Me for Morse

Offline Slateman

Closest he'll ever get to playing for the Yankees.

Offline Count Walewski

Is Girardi going to make him get a haircut.

Offline tenken627