Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43367 times)

Online machpost

His son IS disappointed in him!

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Anyone can see Bryce has insane buyer's remorse. Guy spent like 4 years preparing for "the biggest free agency in history" and ended up having to settle for Philadelphia, the team and city he never wanted. He can laugh all the way to the bank of course but it's almost kind of sad how much of a shell of himself he's become. He's an act now, playing the role of team leader on a rudderless team with a terrible farm system, bad GM, bad manager and old roster.

He's, like, the 8th most popular player in his own city right now. Gritty is ahead of him. Hell, Nick Foles plays for the Jaguars and he's more popular.

:lmao:

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Even his "hustle " doubles last night were just to show up Soto and Robles. He never runs like that except when he has a point to show about effort. The move on Robles should have been nailed but for a bobble. I think it more shows that he doesn't give an effort most of the time

Online HalfSmokes

I’m sure now that fans know he has an issue with people talking about his kid that fans across the league will know not to cross that line :lmao:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Offline blue911

He will never be as popular as Mike Trout is in Philadelphia.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
He's making the best of it rocking the 80s hair band look
Anyone can see Bryce has insane buyer's remorse. Guy spent like 4 years preparing for "the biggest free agency in history" and ended up having to settle for Philadelphia, the team and city he never wanted. He can laugh all the way to the bank of course but it's almost kind of sad how much of a shell of himself he's become. He's an act now, playing the role of team leader on a rudderless team with a terrible farm system, bad GM, bad manager and old roster.

He's, like, the 8th most popular player in his own city right now. Gritty is ahead of him. Hell, Nick Foles plays for the Jaguars and he's more popular.

Online aspenbubba

The fact remains that we were not any worse this year with him leaving DC than we were in'18 and are possibly a little better. I always thought it was more important to re-sign Rendon and let Royce walk.  Though Rendon is our team MVP and is a serious contender for NL MVP I have to reconsider that one player can make that significant impact on a teams success. Look what the Brewers are doing without Yelich and yes it is a small sample size . Why hasn't Mike Trout made LAA a contender?

I believe we would not have been able to sign Corbin if we kept Harper. I'm not sure we would have been able to blow 10 M on the dearly departed BP travesties that Rizzo signed in the off-season to address our BP woes if we kept him.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
The fact remains that we were not any worse this year with him leaving DC than we were in'18 and are possibly a little better. I always thought it was more important to re-sign Rendon and let Royce walk.  Though Rendon is our team MVP and is a serious contender for NL MVP I have to reconsider that one player can make that significant impact on a teams success. Look what the Brewers are doing without Yelich and yes it is a small sample size . Why hasn't Mike Trout made LAA a contender?

I believe we would not have been able to sign Corbin if we kept Harper. I'm not sure we would have been able to blow 10 M on the dearly departed BP travesties that Rizzo signed in the off-season to address our BP woes if we kept him.

At the end of the day, Parra > Harper.

Offline Five Banners

Offline rileyn

He gave a speech to the Phillie fans before yesterdays final game.  If it came from anybody else, I would have thought it was nice and heartfelt, but knowing what I know about Bryce it came across as phony and contrived.  Of course the Phillie fans ate it up and that's really all that matters.,

He ended up having a good season, and brought a ton of fans back to their ballpark, but he is really nothing more than a good player. 

(I'm guessing his bags were packed and he was probably in Vegas 4 hours after the last out.)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
since when does he root for the eagles? :lmao:

Online Slateman

Hows the couch in October, Bryce?

Offline rileyn

Addition by subtraction. 

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
"Bryce Harper" was trending on twitter last night.

Offline rileyn

With Kapler being canned, that means Bryce will be on his 6th manager since 2012.

Online Slateman

With Kapler being canned, that means Bryce will be on his 6th manager since 2012.
But who will work out with Bryce?

Offline UMDNats

The phillies job is easily the worst opening of the current openings. mets have a great core of players, cubs have plenty of studs and just need a new coat of paint basically, padres have the pieces to compete, angels have trout and ohtani and some dudes, phillies are just an aging team with holes everywhere and a bad GM, plus the best player wishes he was anywhere else

Offline Elvir Ovcina

The phillies job is easily the worst opening of the current openings. mets have a great core of players, cubs have plenty of studs and just need a new coat of paint basically, padres have the pieces to compete, angels have trout and ohtani and some dudes, phillies are just an aging team with holes everywhere and a bad GM, plus the best player wishes he was anywhere else

Really?  Realmuto is unhappy?  :glug:

Online Natsinpwc

Really?  Realmuto is unhappy?  :glug:
Thanks. I am fine with any manager.

Online Slateman

I mean, if JT is unhappy, I'd be willing to part with Wil Crowe and Luis Garcia . . .