Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43420 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
"Trolling Bryce" is a story that would write itself. 

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I was at Walmart yesterday.    Walked by the electronics/game section and saw a display for a particular MLB approved gaming company (not sure who).   There was a four foot high rounded display   ...   big photo of Hawpah.     First thing that crossed my mind was, "Why is this here?'    Realized, of course, that Walmart wasn't trollin' me.      Came close though.

Probably MLB The Show:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Harper's going to hit .380 with 10 home runs in the series with us.

Or strike out 15 times.

Offline Five Banners

Offline rileyn

What will Bryce's branding play be next year?  The long flow and girlie headband look this season will be replaced by something else that screams, "Look at me."

Offline imref

Realmuto going for an MRI on his sore knee.  The hits keep coming for Philly (well, not base hits).

Offline UMDNats

What will Bryce's branding play be next year?  The long flow and girlie headband look this season will be replaced by something else that screams, "Look at me."

nah, that look is pretty in right now in general, though i do think one day he'll go shaved-head with beard like his dad

Offline imref

Philly is heading for a rough period, they have $200 million committed for next year already and massive problems with their starting rotation and bullpen to fix.  Plus who knows what kind of shape McCutcheon will be in when he returns.  Kapler is likely gone, the GM could be gone too. 

Good thing Harper got himself a no-trade clause.

:popcorn:

Offline UMDNats

The phillies have been rebuilding for like 10 years and still have an absolutely dogcrap farm system, truly incredible.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
The phillies have been rebuilding for like 10 years and still have an absolutely dogcrap farm system, truly incredible.

Reminds me of another team...

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
Philly is heading for a rough period, they have $200 million committed for next year already and massive problems with their starting rotation and bullpen to fix.  Plus who knows what kind of shape McCutcheon will be in when he returns.  Kapler is likely gone, the GM could be gone too. 

The GM should be. He's the one who thought 2-5 and the Pen was enough. How he should that to anyone in that organization is beyond me. Wolf of Wall Street levels of selling right there.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Wouldn't be surprised if Harper gets himself out of that no-trade aspect - by his choice

Offline rileyn

Joe Maddon will be their manager next year.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/jsalisburynbcs/status/1177044294991044609?s=21

Bryce Harper said Washington fans crossed the line with their heckling in eighth inning. He was not happy. Said he was eager to get back to Philly and the great fans there

Great fans in Philly....

:hysterical:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/status/1177048575592804352?s=21

Bryce Harper on heckling from right field fans at Nationals Park tonight: "They were fine all game, talking about myself and things like that. I get it everywhere I go. That's nothing new. But the last two innings, it's just not right. It's not right."

https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/status/1177049367523528704?s=21

Bryce didn't expand on what was being said. But he did say this: "I guess that's what it is nowadays. Like I said the whole time, I've got 60,000 fans up in Philly that appreciate as a player, appreciate me as an individual and my family, as well..."

https://twitter.com/dougherty_jesse/status/1177049455318769669?s=21

"... I owe a lot to those people up there in Philly because they show up for me every single night and they're there to cheer us on and boo us and keep us going as a team and as individuals as well. I'm looking forward to the next 12 years. Can't wait."

https://twitter.com/iowakc/status/1177054072270143488?s=21

I was sitting out there. A guy said "your son is disappointed in you" and Bryce flipped out. I was hoping the dude would get tossed but ushers took a while to show up. Go #Nats and all but leave the guy's infant alone.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Oh please. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
He’s a joke. Good riddance.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Seriously! I was a fan and I missed him on the team this year but he needs to grow the eff up oh and for real, he needs to stop trying to make “Philly fans are great!!” happen -it’s not happening! we all know better dude, good grief :smh:

Offline rileyn

He wishes he was in LA with the Dodgers right now.

Offline SkinsNatFan21RIP

My favorite part about this whole thing is a fanbase who hated the guy for years now claiming they never truly hated him. Before, he was a overrated douche bag with stupid hair who was immature and deserved to get plunked but now he’s a part of the Phamily. Shut up with that disingenuous BS and just admit he’s still all of those things except now he’s on your team so it’s your turn to defend his antics. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

This. Philly was his option of last resort.

Offline NJ Ave

Well to be fair he can be wherever he wants in a couple days :)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
He basically told fans how to get to him. That's like telling tzinc that Dusty Baker sucked ass. Harper should get that treatment every time he's in DC. :twisted:

Offline Five Banners

Well to be fair he can be wherever he wants in a couple days :)

He can be part of the Vegas Knights pre-game jousts

Offline UMDNats

Anyone can see Bryce has insane buyer's remorse. Guy spent like 4 years preparing for "the biggest free agency in history" and ended up having to settle for Philadelphia, the team and city he never wanted. He can laugh all the way to the bank of course but it's almost kind of sad how much of a shell of himself he's become. He's an act now, playing the role of team leader on a rudderless team with a terrible farm system, bad GM, bad manager and old roster.

He's, like, the 8th most popular player in his own city right now. Gritty is ahead of him. Hell, Nick Foles plays for the Jaguars and he's more popular.