Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43383 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
I don't understand why we'd boo Harper. What did he ever do to us? Missing the cutoff man a bunch of times and being picked off stupidly maybe a half dozen times isn't enough to boo him.

Harper wanted a big payday, the Nationals didn't have any reason to spend $330 million on an outfielder with Robles and Soto in the organization and lots of non-OF holes.

I totally agree with you...I would treat him like any other visiting player...with indifference...until he pulled a punk move on the field...

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!
I don't understand why we'd boo Harper. What did he ever do to us? Missing the cutoff man a bunch of times and being picked off stupidly maybe a half dozen times isn't enough to boo him.

Harper wanted a big payday, the Nationals didn't have any reason to spend $330 million on an outfielder with Robles and Soto in the organization and lots of non-OF holes.

You boo because he rejected you, it’s not that tough to understand.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I’m probably not going to boo him. But he rejected the Nats and not to go home or to a great franchise. He went to Philly.
If all the crap he said about loving DC has been true and he wanted to stay, he would have made it work. I don’t begrudge the guy what he wants, it’s his life. But it appears he never really liked it here or had plans on staying.

That, or the Nats front office has played this masterfully in the media.

Offline HalfSmokes

I don’t think the nats wanted him back- they gave him an offer that would sound great to fans and left it at that, he wasn’t going to take it initially, and once they signed Corbin, the money of was gone.  Harper looks greasy and no one is blaming the lerners

Offline Copecwby20

I’ve been broken up with a couple different ways. And the one way that always freaked me up the most is when they just ghost you and   have no interaction with you ever again. They go about their lives with indifference. One Ex however is constantly texting/calling me to tell me some reason or another for why I’m a horrible human being. And we broke up in 2005. The insults don’t bother me but the fact that I still occupy some part of her head space 14 years later is hilarious.

I’m gonna break up with Bryce the first way.

The only thing I want to yell at him at a game is “Where’s your ring?” after we win the World Series

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
I don’t think the nats wanted him back- they gave him an offer that would sound great to fans and left it at that, he wasn’t going to take it initially, and once they signed Corbin, the money of was gone.  Harper looks greasy and no one is blaming the lerners

This. He didn't "reject us".

Offline aussienatsfan

I just feel sad, mainly because I wanted to still support him but he signed for that pos team and now I hope he fails big time

Offline rileyn

It's not the he rejected us or didn't reject us.  He was a paid mercenary.  He had no feelings for us despite all of his empty talk.  He wanted to be the highest paid player in history and that is all that mattered to him.  The Nats have known this since the day he was drafted so they also had to plan for a future without him.  If he had ever given a serious indication that he wanted to be a lifelong Nat, I'm certain our approach in retaining him probably would have been different.  I say F him.  I've moved on.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
SNL on Bryce Harper: “Finally answering the question of how much would someone have to pay you to live in Philadelphia.”

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Bryce said he wants to bring a title back to DC in his press conference. Oops.

I fully expect him to get a standing ovation when he comes back to Nats Park. Nats fans are too nice to boo.

No effing way he gets a standing ovation. He will got some cheers from those who don’t get it and those will be drowned out in boos.

Offline Baseball is Life

No. He lied to us.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Oh the bitterness. Most wanted him gone and now that he has, rejection and jealousy are all we see here. This is what’s fueling the Rendon discussions. The Nats aren’t supposed to lose our own to free agency, we’re supposed to land them.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Oh the bitterness. Most wanted him gone and now that he has, rejection and jealousy are all we see here. This is what’s fueling the Rendon discussions. The Nats aren’t supposed to lose our own to free agency, we’re supposed to land them.

Only when it makes sense.

Offline Baseball is Life

Most wanted him gone

Incorrect. Most on this board maybe but not most Nats fans, especially ones who are casual fans.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Incorrect. Most on this board maybe but not most Nats fans, especially ones who are casual fans.

I was speaking of the posters here only. Just about every fan and casual observer of baseball think we just lost the star of our team.

Offline Baseball is Life

I was speaking of the posters here only. Just about every fan and casual observer of baseball think we just lost the star of our team.

Then we agree.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted

Offline Nick the Pig

Is there a Mormon Temple in Fhilthydelphia ?

Offline Nick the Pig

What's the over/under for the Pfilthies finishing behind the Nats in the NL East in the next 13 years ?

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
Neither party needed the other anymore so it makes sense that Harper left. It was pretty clear that he would once Soto blew up. No feelings negative or positive from me. Kinda surprised at the length on the deal and that's about it.

Offline Nick the Pig

Neither party needed the other anymore so it makes sense that Harper left. It was pretty clear that he would once Soto blew up. No feelings negative or positive from me. Kinda surprised at the length on the deal and that's about it.

Lots of orange/red text !!!

Bryce didn't want to stay here in DC.  So let's root against him for the next 13 years, m'kay ?

Offline Duke of Earl

What's the over/under for the Pfilthies finishing behind the Nats in the NL East in the next 13 years ?
\
Philly will finish behind the Nats 11 times, in front of the Nats 2 time but those 2 Harper will be long gone.  Harper won't be a factor.