Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43990 times)

Offline Natsinpwc

the big difference with LeBron is, arguably, he's in the discussion for the best player in his sport all time, along with maybe two or three others (Jordan, and I'd consider arguments for Kareen, Magic, and Oscar).  Bryce is at best an unlikely member of the top 3 outfielders of his era (Trout, Betts, then we argue).
True--but he has the income now to show he's near the top.  All these athletes are spoiled.  Some more than others.  Some find ways to be grounded--other than hair flips. 

Offline awbb

#trade4Strickland.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
The Mets will be playing Bobby Bonilla 3 years after the Bryce Harper contract ends.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Offline HalfSmokes

the big difference with LeBron is, arguably, he's in the discussion for the best player in his sport all time, along with maybe two or three others (Jordan, and I'd consider arguments for Kareen, Magic, and Oscar).  Bryce is at best an unlikely member of the top 3 outfielders of his era (Trout, Betts, then we argue).

LeBron managing to live up to the impossible hype is one of the more remarkable stories in sports. I'm not even sure Harper has been the best player on his own team more than once

Offline Natsinpwc

LeBron managing to live up to the impossible hype is one of the more remarkable stories in sports. I'm not even sure Harper has been the best player on his own team more than once
Remember when Harold Miner was Baby Jordan.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I wonder how Bob and FP will talk about Harper when he comes back to town. I’m genuinely curious.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

I wonder how Bob and FP will talk about Harper when he comes back to town. I’m genuinely curious.

Bob will be a solid bet to slide in a Paul Goldschmidt comment.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Online imref

Harper will wear #3 in Philly so as not to take Roy Halladay's number.  Classy move.  Philly had retired the number for 2018 and I'd assume will eventually retire it permanently.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Harper will wear #3 in Philly so as not to take Roy Halladay's number.  Classy move.  Philly had retired the number for 2018 and I'd assume will eventually retire it permanently.

I mean he didn’t really have a choice did he? Hall of fame player who died tragically? You can’t wear that number. 

Online imref

I mean he didn’t really have a choice did he? Hall of fame player who died tragically? You can’t wear that number. 

yeah, that would have been the mother of all bad ways to start with a new team.

Offline Copecwby20

I could give a freak what number he wears as long as we have his every time our pitchers face him.

Offline Natsinpwc

Babe Ruth!! 

Offline Natsinpwc

Harmon Killebrew!
He’s only studied Yankees history. When he is traded to the Yankees his number will be 70.

Offline Natsinpwc

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I could give a freak what number he wears as long as we have his every time our pitchers face him.

+1

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Pete Gogolak!

Offline Air Desmond

Bryce said he wants to bring a title back to DC in his press conference. Oops.

I fully expect him to get a standing ovation when he comes back to Nats Park. Nats fans are too nice to boo.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Bryce said he wants to bring a title back to DC. Oops.

I fully expect him to get a standing ovation when he comes back to Nats Park. Nats fans are too nice to boo.
On the bright side, if the Nats spend wisely the money that would have gone to him, maybe we will get that title.

Offline Copecwby20

Bryce said he wants to bring a title back to DC in his press conference. Oops.

Link?

Offline Count Walewski

I don't understand why we'd boo Harper. What did he ever do to us? Missing the cutoff man a bunch of times and being picked off stupidly maybe a half dozen times isn't enough to boo him.

Harper wanted a big payday, the Nationals didn't have any reason to spend $330 million on an outfielder with Robles and Soto in the organization and lots of non-OF holes.