Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43414 times)

Offline Duke of Earl

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Today has been worth the two years on this forum.

Offline Five Banners

Was tempted to engage on a general baseball forum with some who declaring Philly to be the favorites in the NL East (some were even mentioning the league). Nah, let them be the talk of spring training.

Offline slhubic

the only thing better than "this" being FINALLY all done, is (thank everything that one might choose to call holy)...is...that he is gone from this team.  he wasn't worth the contract he was playing at, and, again, NO WAY is he worth the contract that he signed for.  in the end, I truly believe that it means something that this team--with all of its talent--never made it past the first round of the playoffs.

had he signed with L.A., I would have been slightly interested, and I would have slightly cared, as I have always liked the Dodgers, but, they weren't stupid enough to kill the organisation to sign him for more than the couple of years, so here's to the Phillies, and to the weight hanging around their neck, that will suffocate them in the end...

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I'm strangely at peace about this.

Five years ago, I was terrified about Harper leaving. After the past couple years I am burnt out on him.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
cross-posted from the NHL thread, this is how the NY Islander fans greeted John Tavares tonight in his return to Long Island.  Perhaps a model for Nats fans?

https://deadspin.com/islanders-fans-treat-john-tavares-to-jerk-chants-1832974477

Lol, if you think Nats fans would ever do anything close to that. About as much as the yuppies can do is boo half heartedly

Offline Natsinpwc

No one in the media got the 13 year contract right. No one got lack of opt outs. Teams were correct.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Lol, if you think Nats fans would ever do anything close to that. About as much as the yuppies can do is boo half heartedly

We will boo him for years. That's about it. Other stuff requires too much effort and we have lives to lead. Hell, I'm just about over it and it has been less than 24 hours.

Offline miller10

We should just ignore him.  Anything else makes us look small time.

Offline Baseball is Life

We should just ignore him.  Anything else makes us look small time.

I'm really coming around to this idea. We are who we are. We should just give him the silent treatment. After burning his jersey in the parking lot, that is. :mg:

Offline Natsinpwc

I'm really coming around to this idea. We are who we are. We should just give him the silent treatment. After burning his jersey in the parking lot, that is. :mg:
You’ll still have a boner every time he comes to bat.  :hysterical:

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Why not just applaud him once and move on? You guys are so weird.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted

Imagine his first AB back in Nats Park... so quiet that you can here the cameras making noise  :hysterical:

Offline Baseball is Life

You’ll still have a boner every time he comes to bat.  :hysterical:

Gross. He will be wearing a uniform that's quite the turn off.

Offline Baseball is Life

Imagine his first AB back in Nats Park... so quiet that you can here the cameras making noise  :hysterical:

Offline Natsinpwc

This is just as likely to occur as your belief in the 2018 Nats.

Offline Baseball is Life

Applaud him? You have to be joking. The guy threw away the good will of Nats fans who supported him through thick and thin for a few more bucks (the deal he got was actually worse than the Nats offered) and joined the arch rival. So, no applause shall be forthcoming.

Offline Slateman

Eh, I'm good with an ovation the first time he's here and then boing after that. It's the price you pay for going to a division rival.

Offline Slateman

So ... like 2008 again?

Offline aBaltoNat

Dude. You are a dog wearing a suit and a DNC tie.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
contract details per nightingale: "$20 million signing bonus; $26 million a year for first 10 years; $22 million a year last 3 years. No opt-outs. No opt-ins. No deferred money."

Offline aBaltoNat

That's a good deal for the Phillies.

Offline Expos

He turned down 42 million a year over 4 years from the Dodgers to play in f'n Philly. 42 million!!! To live in LA and contend with that team. He is a special kind of idiot. Have fun in Philly.

I won't miss him. He is a good ball player but he isn't worth that type of money. I mean if we didn't care about luxury tax and had unlimited money then sure, sign him up. But the simple fact is that we didn't win with him. Why would a 10 year contract change anything?

I think the rumors of a fractured clubhouse are true and he really did suck the air our of our dressing room. Philly has a talented lineup now just like we did with him so I guess we can see if he does the same over there to that clubhouse.

The best thing for our squad will be if Robles has an Acuna type season and blows up.

Offline aBaltoNat

Robles is not Acuna.

Soto is closer.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Robles is not Acuna.

Soto is closer.

We don’t know. Before the Soto explosion, Robles was supposed to be our stud. If he’s half as good as Acuna was last year though, that’s a really good outfield.