Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43389 times)

Offline madj55

shout out to mark lerner for veto'ing a harper to houston trade and freaking up a chance at getting any value out of bryce in a dumpster fire season
Yep, this is the upsetting part. Bukauskas would've been nice to have as rotation depth and a future mainstay. Would have been nice to have a legitimate catching prospect as well.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
OK, let's accept that as truth. For God's sake, that's a great offer the Nats made. I'm not an accountant, but the bottom line seems to me is he left the Nats for 10% more than the Nats offered.

unless it was off the table before he got to see what the market offered him, which it seems like it was. which means it was never a real offer. because no one in their right mind would not want to see if the yankees wanted to throw A-Rod money at him.

Offline hotshot

shout out to mark lerner for veto'ing a harper to houston trade and freaking up a chance at getting any value out of bryce in a dumpster fire season
Huge mistake.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Huge mistake.

Nah, he would have alienated the fan base. It was a good business decision.

Offline Baseball is Life

unless it was off the table before he got to see what the market offered him, which it seems like it was. which means it was never a real offer. because no one in their right mind would not want to see if the yankees wanted to throw A-Rod money at him.

Good point, which is why we don't know crap what really happened. The fact is that he was NEVER not going to test FA.

Offline Baseball is Life

Its mostly because it just happened. The wound is still fresh.

Let us have some fun venting for a bit

For sure, but I'm still pissed off at my high school gf and that was decades ago. :hysterical:

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
freak Harper freak lerner freak this team if we don't extend rendon by tomorrow.  freak borAZZ too.  freak Manfred.  freak mlb.  I'm back nages

Offline UMDNats

freak Harper freak lerner freak this team if we don't extend rendon by tomorrow.  freak borAZZ too.  freak Manfred.  freak mlb.  I'm back nages

Find a way for us to trade for Mookie Betts STAT

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Changed title. 

Offline UMDNats

shout out to two philadelphia legends

Offline Baseball is Life

Offline Air Desmond

I’m not going to bash Bryce on his way out. I will say Soto’s emergence made Bryce dispensable. I’m looking forward to seeing how this team peforms without him. Emphasis on team. While Bryce was here, they were the Washington Harpers. I think we’re going to see a more fundamentally sound team that’s geared towards contact and speed. I have no doubt Robles will seize the opportunity in CF.

I’m glad Bryce stayed in the division. More chances for Scherzer and Strasburg to rack up k’s.

Offline Baseball is Life

"First prize was a week in Philadelphia. Second prize was 13 years.”

Offline Baseball is Life

I’m not going to bash Bryce on his way out.

Are you the kind that stays friends with your exes? Yeah, I don't like people like that.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
Soto, Robles, and trout will be a good OF in a few years

Offline Natsinpwc

In the end Boras used the Dodgers and Giants to drive up the price. Well done. Many here said he would never get this kind of contract.

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
I’m not going to bash Bryce on his way out. I will say Soto’s emergence made Bryce dispensable. I’m looking forward to seeing how this team peforms without him. Emphasis on team. While Bryce was here, they were the Washington Harpers. I think we’re going to see a more fundamentally sound team that’s geared towards contact and speed. I have no doubt Robles will seize the opportunity in CF.

I’m glad Bryce stayed in the division. More chances for Scherzer and Strasburg to rack up k’s.

Cuz of the lefty-lefty and the number of times they'll face each other I think Corbin just locked up the cy young

Offline Baseball is Life

In the end Boras used the Dodgers and Giants to drive up the price. Well done. Many here said he would never get this kind of contract.

Am I crazy to think he left money on the table for taking 13 years? Could he have taken 10/$300M and maybe made some more money at the tail end of his career?

Online skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Well aren't you the lucky one, he still plays for your team :?

Offline Baseball is Life

Jason Schwartz
@JasonSchwartz
 There are children in Philadelphia who aren't even born yet who will throw batteries at Bryce Harper before the end of this contract

Offline Briggs

Offline aBaltoNat

Did you forget Davy Martinez is managing this team?

Offline Bloo

You were the Chosen One! It was said that would destroy the Philth, not join them. Bring balance to our offense, not leave it in darkness.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Did you forget Davy Martinez is managing this team?

You know, just this morning I was, you know, thinking about Davey Martinez, you know, when I was...you know, walking to the Metro.  You know, it's like he's not, you know, smart enough to think and...uhh...you know, talk at the same time, which doesn't... you know, bode well for his, you know, managerial skills.