Author Topic: Bryce: All things considered, I'd Rather be in Philadelphia  (Read 43760 times)

Offline tzinc

love the people voting for phillies in the poll right now  :hysterical:

we're gonna see him at least 18 times a year it's almost like he never left  :hysterical:

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

we're gonna see him at least 18 times a year it's almost like he never left  :hysterical:

Yeah...Nats were at 54+% before the deal was announced...  :hysterical:

19 times...

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

Tuesday, April 2 will be his first game back. I guarantee they will be burning Harper jerseys outside.

Offline BigMeech

Can't wait for the Philly fans to boo and bully Bryce out of baseball.

Offline UMDNats

so who does everyone think we get with our 4th round pick this year?

with rizzo's track record we'll take a college 2B who will end up out of baseball in 3 years tbh

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
Anybody been on any Phillies' messageboards? Are they generally happy about this??

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
won't enjoy seeing him take Scherzer/Strasburg deep over the next few years. He'll be on the west coast before too long though. That contract is semi-trade friendly with the lower AAV.

Offline Baseball is Life

won't enjoy seeing him take Scherzer/Strasburg deep over the next few years.

I will enjoy watching Scherzer and Stras strike him out. It's the Fedde/Harper faceoffs that get me worried. ;)

Offline Five Banners

Anybody been on any Phillies' messageboards? Are they generally happy about this??

I'm guessing many are here:

Currently, "82 Guests are viewing this board."

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

i'd imagine they are ecstatic.

Offline Baseball is Life

I'm guessing many are here:

Currently, "82 Guests are viewing this board."

Wrong. They don't read.

Offline tenken627

It's the Fedde/Harper faceoffs that get me worried. ;)

Thats his buddy right there.

Offline Baseball is Life

Yep. I can't think of a player and a city so poorly matched. Streaky player who is, uh, self-aware and fans who turn on their players on a dime.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

If Royce was smart, he'd sign deal to represent a dry-cell battery manufacturer before opening day...

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
i'd imagine they are ecstatic.

As am I. Please Philly, don’t add anything more to your bullpen. Hugs and kisses. Love you miss you mean it Bryce.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Gross.

Much shorter drive for you to see him play in Clearwater as opposed to West Palm...  :couch:

Offline wj73

I don’t get all the negative feelings towards Bryce here. Was he perfect?  Of course not - there were far too many lackadaisical plays for my taste.  But he also was fun to watch, local kids adored him, and he did a lot to make the game a bit less stuffy.

I don’t think that the Phillies was the best spot for his personal happiness. All of us know full well how classless a lot of their fan base is. I was at that Opening Day some years ago,where the Phillies fans took over and ruined the day.  They will not tolerate anything less than walk off homers every game. He was used to being coddled and adored here. That can turn around quickly in Philadelphia.

I think he’s young, and doesn’t know yet that in the long run, sometimes it’s better to turn down that promotion, turn down that new job at a different company, or turn down that new title. A bit more money or a corner office doesn’t necessarily make one happy. I made that mistake when I was his age, and most people I know can tell a similar story about their early career. Most of us have the ability to quit that job when we realize that money isn’t everything.  Bryce is stuck, basically for the rest of his career.  I wish him well (except when competing against us) and hope that I’m wrong and that this contract brings him happiness.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
I don’t get all the negative feelings towards Bryce here. Was he perfect?  Of course not - there were far too many lackadaisical plays for my taste.  But he also was fun to watch, local kids adored him, and he did a lot to make the game a bit less stuffy.

I don’t think that the Phillies was the best spot for his personal happiness. All of us know full well how classless a lot of their fan base is. I was at that Opening Day some years ago,where the Phillies fans took over and ruined the day.  They will not tolerate anything less than walk off homers every game. He was used to being coddled and adored here. That can turn around quickly in Philadelphia.

I think he’s young, and doesn’t know yet that in the long run, sometimes it’s better to turn down that promotion, turn down that new job at a different company, or turn down that new title. A bit more money or a corner office doesn’t necessarily make one happy. I made that mistake when I was his age, and most people I know can tell a similar story about their early career. Most of us have the ability to quit that job when we realize that money isn’t everything.  Bryce is stuck, basically for the rest of his career.  I wish him well (except when competing against us) and hope that I’m wrong and that this contract brings him happiness.

I don't begrudge him at all. It is the business side of baseball, and he went to the team that offered him the best deal for him and his agent.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Tuesday, April 2 will be his first game back. I guarantee they will be burning Harper jerseys outside.
Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Offline Baseball is Life

Very thoughtful, but eff that. I hope he is miserable for the rest of his days. :mg:

Offline tzinc

just imagine the first time he doesn't hustle on a play in philly
or has a prolonged injury issue
or goes into a half season slump

basically he could have gone to a prime franchise and made 300 million in 10 years

or he could go to the phillies and play an extra 3 years for 10 million a year

next year or the following year that contract money record will be broken anyway what was the point of focusing on that

dumb