Author Topic: Ryan Zimmerman 5 year/$10M personal-services contract, to begin once playing...  (Read 37870 times)

Offline LoveAngelos

I am here to defuse.     :)

This place could use a good defuser

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
You are a certified  A HOL E

Meet me at nats park one evening and will see how bold
And nasty you are in person

:hysterical:

Offline twillia1

This is the guy who is too cool to lead, too old to catch up to fastballs.  What a deadweight in the lineup

.198, here we come

Offline LoveAngelos

I would say you must be drunk and stupid but you are balls to the wall right on.

Hard to win a game with an instant out in the line up and a bullpen that even Zimm could hit

Offline Air Desmond

The Nats are playing their best ball of the year. There’s no reason to insert Zimmerman into the lineup. Puzzling to me that he gets star treatment from Martinez. Everybody can see he’s on his last leg. Great career, a Washington Nationals legend, but he’s a bench player at this point. There’s no time for him to get up to speed.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
:
The Nats are playing their best ball of the year. There’s no reason to insert Zimmerman into the lineup. Puzzling to me that he gets star treatment from Martinez. Everybody can see he’s on his last leg. Great career, a Washington Nationals legend, but he’s a bench player at this point. There’s no time for him to get up to speed.

Team scored 5 runs. Zim had nothing to do with today's loss.

Offline Air Desmond

:
Team scored 5 runs. Zim had nothing to do with today's loss.

What bizarre logic is this? Zim went 0 for 4. Maybe they score more runs if he isn’t in the lineup.

Online Slateman

What bizarre logic is this? Zim went 0 for 4. Maybe they score more runs if he isn’t in the lineup.
Maybe they shouldnt allow 7 runs.

Maybe the rest of you need to get one thing clear: Zim ain't getting benched unless he wants to. Adams is a meh first baseman. Teams dont make the playoffs with guys like him anchoring there. This team doesnt have the offense for sustained success and sure as crap isnt going to get it fro. Matt Adam's. This team needs another bat and Zimmerman is the only shot the team has at getting one.

Offline Scrapple

Maybe they shouldnt allow 7 runs.

Maybe the rest of you need to get one thing clear: Zim ain't getting benched unless he wants to. Adams is a meh first baseman. Teams dont make the playoffs with guys like him anchoring there. This team doesnt have the offense for sustained success and sure as crap isnt going to get it fro. Matt Adam's. This team needs another bat and Zimmerman is the only shot the team has at getting one.
I’m not a huge Matt Adams fan either but him platooning with Howie Kendrick is a WAAAAY BETTER option than putting an aging broken-down Ryan Zimmerman out there.
I hate to bust on Zimmerman because he was one of the few things we had to cheer for 12 years ago when there wasn’t much to cheer for.
 Zimm has been broken down now for much of the past 5-6 years or so and his returns from the IL haven’t  done much more than destroy team chemistry. Time for Zimm to eloquently pack his tools, go home, and play with the kids - and the $130,000,000 he collected along the way.

Online Slateman

I’m not a huge Matt Adams fan either but him platooning with Howie Kendrick is a WAAAAY BETTER option than putting an aging broken-down Ryan Zimmerman out there.
I hate to bust on Zimmerman because he was one of the few things we had to cheer for 12 years ago when there wasn’t much to cheer for.
 Zimm has been broken down now for much of the past 5-6 years or so and his returns from the IL haven’t  done much more than destroy team chemistry. Time for Zimm to eloquently pack his tools, go home, and play with the kids - and the $130,000,000 he collected along the way.

When Zimmerman is healthy and has his timing, hes hit well.

2017: All Star
2018: .295/.374/.538   after coming back from the IL.

Oh and dont forget that before going on the IL this seasons,  his last 20 plate appearances saw 6 hits, including a double and two homers.

If anyone should be postponing Howie, it should he Dozier.

Offline GataNats

Matt Adams is garbage.   .273 OBP.   

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Agree - Zimm should be in there against left handed starters.  Adams is a good bat as PH later in game as well as starter vs righties

Oh and dont forget that before going on the IL this seasons,  his last 20 plate appearances saw 6 hits, including a double and two homers.

Offline Scrapple

Have you been watching the games or are you numb and look at what you want to see?
 If you payed any attention to what you’re looking at you would have noticed Ryan Zimmerman hasn’t been “Mr. Clutch” since this team was a  perennial loser. Zimmerman is a Sub .200 hitter with runners in scoring position past 7 years and I’m sure it’s much worse than that in 1 run games.
Ryan Zimmerman has absolutely no chance at the plate anymore unless there’s a pitcher stupid enough to hang a slider on the inner-half as a gift. When an athlete is broken, tired and old you replace it.
Like I said, we will always love Zimmerman for what he brought to us but his time is up. 

:couch:

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Teams dont make the playoffs with guys like him anchoring there.

Not sure about recently but Dick Stuart comes to mind.    :old:    It may be the quality of the players around that anchor.     :couch:

Online Slateman

Have you been watching the games or are you numb and look at what you want to see?
 If you payed any attention to what you’re looking at you would have noticed Ryan Zimmerman hasn’t been “Mr. Clutch” since this team was a  perennial loser. Zimmerman is a Sub .200 hitter with runners in scoring position past 7 years and I’m sure it’s much worse than that in 1 run games.
Ryan Zimmerman has absolutely no chance at the plate anymore unless there’s a pitcher stupid enough to hang a slider on the inner-half as a gift. When an athlete is broken, tired and old you replace it.
Like I said, we will always love Zimmerman for what he brought to us but his time is up. 

.856 OPS with RISP in 2018. .976 OPS with RISP in 2017

Also, he's a .266/.348/.465 hitter with RISP over the last 7 years.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

Are we dropping all pretense of fact based argument on this forum?

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
This is the post-fact age

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

:crackup:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
This is the post-fact age

Max Scherzer has 24 20+K games. Anthony Rendon hasn’t had a hit with runners on base past the sixth inning since 2016. Howie Kendrick is batting .923 with runners in scoring position and two outs. Stephen Strasburg has never won a game in which the temperature wasn’t exactly 70 degrees.

Offline nfotiu

One thing is for sure, if Zimmerman can get it going, our bench and depth is looking a whole lot better.   

Offline nfotiu

Max Scherzer has 24 20+K games. Anthony Rendon hasn’t had a hit with runners on base past the sixth inning since 2016. Howie Kendrick is batting .923 with runners in scoring position and two outs. Stephen Strasburg has never won a game in which the temperature wasn’t exactly 70 degrees.
Also, Trea Turner is the only player to ever have an OBP lower than his batting average.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Can you reference when fact based arguments started on this forum?     :mg:

Offline rileyn

One thing is for sure, if Zimmerman can get it going, our bench and depth is looking a whole lot better.   
Zimmerman doesn’t profile as a bench player with that convoluted stance, load, and swing. He needs at bats to get in a rhythm to try to lock it in. 

Offline Senatorswin

Almost like a reverse 3-0 give me pitch.
Ponderous
Ponderous

Exactly right. Hopefully at some point he'll start jumping on those first pitch fastball strikes. I read an analysis of Bryce Harpers home runs when he was with the Nats and more of his home runs came on first pitch fast balls than any other pitch. That's supposedly one of the reasons Harpers having trouble. The book is breaking balls until 2 strikes than fastball. With Zim it appears to be first pitch fastball then breaking pitches. Lets hope Zim heats up.

Offline Scrapple

Can you reference when fact based arguments started on this forum?     :mg:
It worked!!! Now I know which posters around here are family members and government workers. Glad I could put their asses to work. I really have something to work with now.  :bow:

HER COME THE NATS BABY!!!

:hysterical: