Author Topic: Ryan Zimmerman 5 year/$10M personal-services contract, to begin once playing...  (Read 37871 times)

Offline LoveAngelos

Re: Where is Zimmerman Killing Us More?
« Reply #100: March 25, 2019, 09:07:12 PM »
Why would any fan belive anything a player or front office says???????????

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101: March 25, 2019, 10:05:14 PM »
Of all the crazy and, frankly dumb things said on this Forum, the Zimmerman hate is probably the most perplexing to me.

Offline Nick the Pig

« Reply #102: March 26, 2019, 07:19:52 PM »
Of all the crazy and, frankly dumb things said on this Forum, the Zimmerman hate is probably the most perplexing to me.

I don't get it either...

But, after being a very vocal supporter of Zimm since he was drafted, I'm ready to switch sides if he goes on the DL (excuse me, "IL") this year for some lame old man stuff.

He needs to play through it this year.  Suck it up.

Offline Optics

« Reply #103: March 27, 2019, 11:51:08 AM »
I don't think anyone hates Zimm, we're just frustrated by the injuries. When healthy the guy can absolutely still play at a fairly high level.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #104: March 31, 2019, 01:24:01 PM »
We had one of our bobblehead shelves fall last year, landing a bunch of Nats on the Injured List.  I started to repair them, and when I got to this one, I figured it resembled Zimm well enough as is...

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #105: March 31, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »
We had one of our bobblehead shelves fall last year, landing a bunch of Nats on the Injured List.  I started to repair them, and when I got to this one, I figured it resembled Zimm well enough as is...

(Image removed from quote.)

Looks like he’s on a stairway to heaven.

Offline Five Banners

« Reply #106: March 31, 2019, 03:03:04 PM »

We have the Gold Glove-Silver Slugger one, and the arm came off as well. Had been off for years, but my wife just glued the arm back on.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #107: March 31, 2019, 06:21:05 PM »

My Dmitri Young lost his right arm as well.    Must be something about the Nats' and 1st basemen bobbleheads.     Anybody's Adam Dunn bobblehead experience a similar fate?

Offline NatsAllThe Way

« Reply #108: April 01, 2019, 12:34:00 PM »
My Dmitri Young lost his right arm as well.    Must be something about the Nats' and 1st basemen bobbleheads.     Anybody's Adam Dunn bobblehead experience a similar fate?

I don't have one, but if I did I would assume that after 2010 it would have fallen off a cliff.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #109: April 01, 2019, 01:37:23 PM »
I don't have one, but if I did I would assume that after 2010 it would have fallen off a cliff.

:crackup:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #110: April 01, 2019, 01:50:24 PM »
We have the Gold Glove-Silver Slugger one, and the arm came off as well. Had been off for years, but my wife just glued the arm back on.

Ours is still in good shape.  The only bobblehead issue I've had is with a Strasburg one, the head tilts to one side.  I figure it's a nerve impingement in his neck.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #111: April 01, 2019, 02:30:11 PM »

He probably ate it.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #112: April 01, 2019, 02:31:12 PM »
Ours is still in good shape.  The only bobblehead issue I've had is with a Strasburg one, the head tilts to one side.  I figure it's a nerve impingement in his neck.

It's the humidity.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
If he was playing DH he'd still be on the field. He got hurt playing defense. With his bad feet he should not have been standing on the field every night. With his no trade he could control his destination. He'd rather collect a check on the DL than move out of town and contribute.

Same story, different season.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
10 day dl

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Offline Bloo

The whole Ryan Zimmerman-Captain America bobble head thing is ironic considering to what happens to Cap in Endgame.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Didn't see the movie. He dies of plantar facitis and a frozen shoulder?

The whole Ryan Zimmerman-Captain America bobble head thing is ironic considering to what happens to Cap in Endgame.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
How many games does Zimmerman have left with the Nats? 50? This is the farewell season.

Offline Bloo

He goes back to the past and changes his life so he doesn't get frozen to spend time with Peggy, and comes back to the past an old man. The Nats probably would have used the Captain America theme with Zimmerman faster hadn't F.P. made the mistake of anointing Michael Morse that title when he got streaky right after the first movie came out. Zim always fight that nickname better as the First National/First Avenger

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness

Doesn't matter, as long as he's written out of the sequel...

Offline NatsAllThe Way

:hysterical:

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Seeing as how this is the 2018 thread,  hes already in the sequel

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Seeing as how this is the 2018 thread,  hes already in the sequel
Yes.  I think the 2019 Zimmerman thread at one point turned into the Dozier thread.  Too much effort to unscramble.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I think I did the split and merge right.