Author Topic: Ryan Zimmerman 5 year/$10M personal-services contract, to begin once playing...  (Read 38917 times)

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Moreland has been about league average offensively as a lefty with some pop. he's been above average defensively as first baseman.  he's coming off a 2 year, $13MM contract, so I'd think he could be had for Adams money. 

Bour is coming off a bad year but was a legit all star 2 years ago.  He's also a lefty hitter, and he's even cheaper than Adams was last year. 

Brad Miller made $1MM last year and is coming off a pretty good year for another lefty.  he did not play 1st last year, but has played ineffective defense at multiple positions in the past.  Came up as a middle infielder. 

Justin Smoak swings both ways and is Canadian, so maybe Exposfan87 has some thoughts.  Not an average guy (1 year hit .270 pulling his career up to .231) and has been mostly a full-timer while with the Jays.  He will seek a lot more than these other guys but may get desperate.

Neil Walker is also a switch hitter I'd think about and could be had probably for $2MM he made last year.

Of these guys, I'd look for a Moreland at < $5MM and Miller at < $3.5MM as a
<------
for RZ at about $5MM.
Moreland is probably a perfect platoon guy. ~.800 OPS against RHP the last three seasons. Would take the bulk of the games, allowing Zim to become the Howie Kendrick role. And if we could get under $10 million for both, that would be a nice bit of production. Plus, you would always have a DH for the AL games.