Author Topic: Ryan Zimmerman 5 year/$10M personal-services contract, to begin once playing...  (Read 38945 times)

Offline djbaseball13

Was Zimmerman's Home Run good enough? I'm sure people will be posting on here as soon as he strikes out, or goes 0-4.

Offline aspenbubba

Was Zimmerman's Home Run good enough? I'm sure people will be posting on here as soon as he strikes out, or goes 0-4.

Not quite. His patented GIDP  ( which BTW is a misnomer as he is nowhere close to being a leader).

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

Good enough for another 10 year extension? :crackup:

Online Natsinpwc

Let’s see if he can stay healthy. And hit consistently.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2024
Ryan Zimmerman is making the postseason roster, and you all can thank God you saw a living legend walk this Earth, the human Mr. Walkoff Turned Mr. GIDP in flesh and blood. Your children and grandchild will hardly believe such a legend walked amongst us mere mortals as they sing praises of The Face for years, decades, centuries to come.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

He could always hit, the issues are his defense and most of all whether he can stay healthy. He'll be the perfect October DH.

Offline djbaseball13

He could always hit, the issues are his defense and most of all whether he can stay healthy. He'll be the perfect October DH.

His "defensive" problems are throwing. It will be interesting to see which player(s) DH. It will probably be a combination of Howie, Adams, and Zim

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
His "defensive" problems are throwing. It will be interesting to see which player(s) DH. It will probably be a combination of Howie, Adams, and Zim

Throwing and range, he still has a quick glove but doesn't have the lateral range to get the sharply hit grounders.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

That would require getting to the World Series first.

Offline djbaseball13

That would require getting to the World Series first.

I realize that  ;)  But, I was repsonding to previous post about DH. The main thing is for Zim to be productive and consistent, and be ready for October.

Offline GataNats

Why in the world do we continue to run Fat Adams out there?  Worst hitter in baseball.   

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
You cant flim flam the Zman

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
You cant flim flam the Zman

:thumbs:

How great would it have been if that shot went over the wall?

Offline Slateman

If we had called him up when I wanted, it would have. Another 30-50 PAs and that's his power stroke

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
If we had called him up when I wanted, it would have. Another 30-50 PAs and that's his power stroke

:hysterical:  But you would have cut him in April when you were blowing up the team.

Offline Slateman

:hysterical:  But you would have cut him in April when you were blowing up the team.

Nah, he gets to stay and ride off into the sunset with his money

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

Would have been a tie, with empty bases so the Mets would have pitched around Suzuki and tried to get Parra.

Offline Slateman

Would have been a tie, with empty bases so the Mets would have pitched around Suzuki and tried to get Parra.
Yes, the fabled rally killing grand slam

Offline awbb

Zim lookin' trim on his return.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline Slateman

Offline dracnal

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator