Author Topic: The List of Health-Challenged - 2019 Edition  (Read 25436 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Did Eaton get hurt too?  Season over.
booted along with Davey

Offline NatsAllThe Way

booted along with Davey

Yeah.  Thanks, just watched the highlights. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Did Eaton get hurt too?  Season over.

How did he hurt himself, going to the showers? He was ejected in the first inning.

EDIT: Didn’t Koda Glover injure himself in the shower?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Scherzer “doubtful” for next start per davey.  Wasn’t able to throw today.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Scherzer “doubtful” for next start per davey.  Wasn’t able to throw today.
Just shut him down until September.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Thing is they would need to IL him to bring back Fedde.  If they act fast (tonight) it can be retro to Friday, which could let you recall him for 8/6, the next time you need a 5th starter.

Offline Slateman

Thing is they would need to IL him to bring back Fedde.  If they act fast (tonight) it can be retro to Friday, which could let you recall him for 8/6, the next time you need a 5th starter.

Or we could just not worry about it because he needs more than 10 days to recover from a strain

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
Or we could just not worry about it because he needs more than 10 days to recover from a strain
this team has no 5th starter if Scherzer is out. 8/6   is the next time we need a 5th starter, so if Fedde is the4th replacing Scherzer, we are talking  Mcgowin ross or perhaps Crowe

Offline Slateman

this team has no 5th starter if Scherzer is out. 8/6   is the next time we need a 5th starter, so if Fedde is the4th replacing Scherzer, we are talking  Mcgowin ross or perhaps Crowe
I meant the "acting fast" part.

Scherzer needs to stay on the IL until he is 100%. If that is September, so be it.

Offline GataNats

Time to take a look at José Marmolejos

Let Kieboom play first. 

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
I meant the "acting fast" part.

Scherzer needs to stay on the IL until he is 100%. If that is September, so be it.
Fair enough.  If so, then it's ABSOLUTELY necessary to trade for an established SP.

Offline Slateman

Fair enough.  If so, then it's ABSOLUTELY necessary to trade for an established SP.
Not really. This simply isn't a good enough team to be competitive in the playoffs. Stop pretending like it is and start preparing for next season.

Offline Slateman

Let Kieboom play first. 
Because a sub.200 hitting first baseman is what this team needs?

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Because a sub.200 hitting first baseman is what this team needs?

they'd probably platoon Parra and Howie, with Sanchez and Stevenson as the reserves.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Scherzer to the IL. Not good news at all.

https://www.masnsports.com/nationals-pastime/2019/07/scherzer-placed-on-il-fedde-recalled.html

https://pressboxviews.com/2019/07/29/max-scherzer-hit-the-il-again-this-time-its-a-mild-rhomboid-strain/?fbclid=IwAR1mb4-2uuvg8IVrUoU5Fy2ub50ynUJcVWVl7iT6VMFLubrSke1J3ZxzL2A

Listening to 106.7 this morning on my walkabout.     They were discussing what they thought about Scherzer's latest "injury".    One of the guys said, "It's never a good sign when they have to give you a shot.    No one ever says, 'I feel great.     I need a shot.' "   

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Listening to 106.7 this morning on my walkabout.     They were discussing what they thought about Scherzer's latest "injury".    One of the guys said, "It's never a good sign when they have to give you a shot.    No one ever says I feel great.     I need a shot."   

Those guys must have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

Offline mitlen

Those guys must have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

They said they saw you in the bar.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

:spit:

Offline Baseball is Life

Those guys would have to stop looking at themselves in the lobby mirror long enough to notice me.

I swear I hear a few brain cells dying every time I listen to the sports bro's on that station. Thankfully it only happens when I have 106.7 tuned in from listening to the game the night before. Within 60 second of those morning dimwits coming on, it's back to music.

Offline mitlen

Those guys would have to stop looking at themselves in the lobby mirror long enough to notice me.

I swear I hear a few brain cells dying every time I listen to the sports bro's on that station. Thankfully it only happens when I have 106.7 tuned in from listening to the game the night before. Within 60 second of those morning dimwits coming on, it's back to music.

I understand.   I simply thought the comment was humorous.     Must have been the heat.     The comment was on the G & D show.    I seldom listen to the Junkies.

Offline Baseball is Life

I understand.   I simply thought the comment was humorous.     Must have been the heat.     The comment was on the G & D show.    I seldom listen to the Junkies.

oh I thought you were talking about the junkies.

Offline mitlen

oh I thought you were talking about the junkies.

No  ....   Junkies only come into my life when I'm on my way to the golf course for an early tee time.

Offline Bloo

Dang, I really thought he wouldn't get injured after throwing 140 pitches a game.

Offline Slateman

Re: The List of Health-Challenged - 2019 Edition
« Reply #549: August 02, 2019, 09:44:36 PM »
Placeholder for Howie