Author Topic: The List of Health-Challenged - 2019 Edition  (Read 25989 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Confirmed broken. Next start tomorrow TBD.

Offline Senatorswin

Between Turner, Adams and now Max I've never seen a team get so many injuries from bunting.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
"LEB ME PIFF, DABEY"
"Max, you're getting blood every—"
"IFF FINE, IT'LL WASH OUT"

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
"LEB ME PIFF, DABEY"
"Max, you're getting blood every—"
"IFF FINE, IT'LL WASH OUT"

:crackup:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Corbin in the afternoon, Fedde tonight, push Max or Stras back to Friday?

Any news on 26th man for today?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Max was half steppin' on the bunt attempt.     Bad form begets bad results.    :mg:

Offline Slateman

Max was half steppin' on the bunt attempt.     Bad form begets bad results.    :mg:
Fundamentals

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.

Offline UMDNats

Corbin in the afternoon, Fedde tonight, push Max or Stras back to Friday?

Any news on 26th man for today?

Voth was recalled.

Offline Slateman

Voth was recalled.
Which makes me think that Fedde gets pushed. Which means he'll struggle because he'll have too much on his fastball and it won't sink.

So, basically, season

Offline nfotiu

Has Corbin done his full pre-game routine the last 2 days?   Probably not what a struggling pitcher needs right now!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Max said this morning that he expects to pitch game 2.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I'm thinking Voth starts tonight if it is played. Originally, this series was supposed to be Corbin Monday, Fedde Tuesday, then Max and Stras, with Sanchez, Corbin, Fedde v. ATL.   Slide Max to Friday so it is Max, Sanchez (extra day), then Fedde on long rest, rather than start Fedde today and throwing either him or Corbin on short rest.  Fedde can even give you an inning or two in the pen.

Alternatively, if you expect tomorrow to be rained out, you could do Corbin and Fedde today, then Stras, Sanchez, Scherzer v. the Barves, with either Corbin or Fedde Sunday if you don't have rain outs. 

Offline Slateman

Apparently Max is a beast

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Which makes me think that Fedde gets pushed. Which means he'll struggle because he'll have too much on his fastball and it won't sink.

So, basically, season

It's been season for a while now I think.  We win a couple of games and then it's not season and then we lose a couple and it's season.  But really, deep down, we know it's season.

Offline Count Walewski

I will always remember Max Scherzer taking a line drive to the knee and being totally unaffected by it in his immaculate inning game (against the Phillies I believe). I would be shocked if he let a broken nose stop him.

Offline Slateman

Placeholder for Rendon

Offline nfotiu

Placeholder for Rendon
I don't think he's hurt enough to go on IL.  Besides not running to first, he's also not hitting well.   Maybe resting a game or two is in order.  Who's the backup 3rd baseman?  Adams?  Zimmerman?  eek.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
I don't think he's hurt enough to go on IL.  Besides not running to first, he's also not hitting well.   Maybe resting a game or two is in order.  Who's the backup 3rd baseman?  Adams?  Zimmerman?  eek.

probably Kendrick. Have a day off Monday so he should either get Sunday or Tuesday off to give him a couple days of rest.

Offline NatsAllThe Way

Worry not.  Wilmer Difo will get called up and hit .320 with power for the rest of the season.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I don't think he's hurt enough to go on IL.

Yet.

Offline rileyn

Kendrick is the back up at 3rd for Rendon, and I guess Dozier could slide over and play SS if necessary?  I think Turner needs a day too, but we are on a roll, so let's see if he can make it to the ASB.

Offline trangert418

• Quit Clowning Around
Tony's fine. He's just paying back the fans for not voting for him.  :mg:

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Tony's fine. He's just paying back the fans for not voting for him.  :mg:

They don't know him and wouldn't care if he was still playing or not. Stealth.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
ya'll worry about ya'll-selves