Author Topic: The List of Health-Challenged - 2019 Edition  (Read 25431 times)

Offline rileyn

Zuck reports Zimmerman and Adams could both be back this weekend. 
The sooner Zimm gets back, the sooner he can get his 100 at bats to start to round into form.  By mid August, we should be good to go.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

The sooner Zimm gets back, the sooner he can get his 100 at bats to start to round into form.  By mid August, we should be good to go.

It's almost like MLB came up with rehab assignments for people who need a billion PAs to get back into form.  Instead, Zimmerman will go 16-92 with 8 walks, 1 extra base hit, and 25 GIDPs while showing everyone that he should still be on the list of differently-healthy.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
It's almost like MLB came up with rehab assignments for people who need a billion PAs to get back into form.  Instead, Zimmerman will go 16-92 with 8 walks, 1 extra base hit, and 25 GIDPs while showing everyone that he should still be on the list of differently-healthy.

Hes done extended rehab stints before. It doesnt help. The sooner he gets MLB plate appearances, the sooner we can see if he can get hot

Offline GataNats

Couldn’t care less about Adams being back

Offline Slateman

Couldn’t care less about Adams being back

It would be nice to play him at first and put Howie at second

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Rizzo says Adams could be back as soon as tonight.

Offline imref

6.23 ERA / 1.85 WHIP for Rosenthal so far in his rehab appearances

Offline Slateman

6.23 ERA / 1.85 WHIP for Rosenthal so far in his rehab appearances

Call him up

Offline Slateman

Can we please not play players who arent healthy enough to play? It's obvious Turner's finger is affecting him in the field and at the plate.

Offline rileyn

Has Turner been any better than Difo since his return? 

Offline Slateman

Has Turner been any better than Difo since his return? 
His .217 average says no.

Offline imref

Apparently we traded Sanchez back to the Braves:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

(Image removed from quote.)

The part about opposing the Nationals seems correct though.

Offline Slateman

(Image removed from quote.)

This is so weird because every time I see Guasman, I remember him as an Oriole and him and Dylan Bundy being the big prospects there.

Also, Fried came in to last night with an ERA of 2.88 and the Nats roughed him up. I'm just going to assume that Gausman and his 4.33 ERA will freaking dominate them tonight.

Offline imref

The part about opposing the Nationals seems correct though.

:hysterical:

Offline imref

Hellickson shut down with continued shoulder soreness.   That probably explains the move of Ross back to the minors to resume being a starter.

Offline rileyn

Hellickson shut down with continued shoulder soreness.   That probably explains the move of Ross back to the minors to resume being a starter.

But it doesn't explain why he continued to do long toss after getting shut down last week.  That never made sense.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Gonna guess maybe with the day off they skip the 5th starter turn, or else it is McGowin again.

Offline Slateman

Gonna guess maybe with the day off they skip the 5th starter turn, or else it is McGowin again.
You gotta skip it if you can. It's going to take Ross a couple weeks to get up to a starter's load. This team needs the wins and has too much money invested in their frontline starters to not ask them to go on short rest once in a while.

Offline nfotiu

Why McGowin?  We have 5 healthy starters now.

Offline dracnal

You gotta skip it if you can. It's going to take Ross a couple weeks to get up to a starter's load. This team needs the wins and has too much money invested in their frontline starters to not ask them to go on short rest once in a while.

Think with the off day it's asking them to go on the normal cycle, not short rest.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

It's not short rest.  I'm confused about the issue here overall.  The Nats have 5 starters currently: Corbin, Fedde, Scherzer, Strasburg, Sanchez, in the order the rotation's running right now.  There's no need for McGowin or to skip anyone.  Corbin last pitched on Saturday, meaning he'd be on full rest even if they had a game today.   

Seems to me the question here is whether you skip Fedde on Saturday and throw Max out there on normal rest.  That's a no from me because the starters have been going pretty deep and Sanchez just came back, but it's a potential discussion.

Think with the off day it's asking them to go on the normal cycle, not short rest.

With the off day and the return of Sanchez, it's actually a question of normal rest versus extra rest. 

Offline nfotiu

It's not short rest because of the off day.  I'm confused about the issue here overall.  The Nats have 5 starters currently: Corbin, Fedde, Scherzer, Strasburg, Sanchez, in the order the rotation's running right now.  There's no need for McGowin or to skip anyone.  Corbin last pitched on Saturday, meaning he'd be on full rest even if they had a game today.   

Seems to me the question here is whether you skip Fedde on Saturday and throw Max out there on normal rest.  That's a no from me, but it's a potential discussion.
Yeah, I'm confused too.  Fedde has had 2 decent starts now of 5 innings, and they've been increasing his workload so he should be good for 90-100 pitches Saturday.

Looks like our rotation is as set and stable as it's been all year, and ESPN has it staying as is:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/team/schedule/_/name/wsh

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Why McGowin?  We have 5 healthy starters now.
my bad, I forgot Fedde.

Offline imref

Byron Kerr:

no move announced yet, but Trevor Rosenthal is heading to Cincinnati this morning to catch up with the team