Author Topic: The List of Health-Challenged - 2019 Edition  (Read 25810 times)

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
There is depth.  They have Robles and Taylor. 

Robles is the starter so you can’t also call him depth. MAT? Meh.

Offline Duke of Earl

There is depth.  They have Robles and Taylor.
I think the point is, Taylor might be out for awhile.  But surely we can do better than Stevenson.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I think the point is, Taylor might be out for awhile.

Natsinpwc just likes to argue. ;)

Offline Natsinpwc

Natsinpwc just likes to argue. ;)
If they had no depth then Stevenson would be next in line. You expect them to have three MLB-ready CFers?

Heaven forbid we debate soemthing on a message board.

Offline Duke of Earl

Granted your starting center fielder doesn't count as depth at centerfield.  However, depth can be a starter at some other position provided you have depth at that position.  Eaton can play center.  Could Soto play right? If so then you just need depth in left, and there's Matt Adams.  In that case, we don't need anything beyond Robles and Eaton for centerfield.  Surely not Stevenson.  Hell, we don't really need Taylor.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

Granted your starting center fielder doesn't count as depth at centerfield.  However, depth can be a starter at some other position provided you have depth at that position.  Eaton can play center.  Could Soto play right? If so then you just need depth in left, and there's Matt Adams.  In that case, we don't need anything beyond Robles and Eaton for centerfield.  Surely not Stevenson.  Hell, we don't really need Taylor.

Good lord, the thought of an Adams-Eaton-Soto outfield is the stuff of nightmares. 

No, Eaton can't play CF anymore.  He wasn't very good at it in Chicago, and that was 4 years ago before two serious leg injuries.  Soto can sort of play right.  I saw him do it in Hagerstown.  But sort of doesn't really cut it, especially with two other bad outfielders out there.   I think I even posted on here at the time that he would be far better suited to LF long-term. 

Stevenson sucks, but putting him out there is still better than that alternative.

Offline Truconfidence

Michael Taylor out for a significant amount of time according to Davey.  Gotta think we go out and sign someone.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Michael Taylor out for a significant amount of time according to Davey.  Gotta think we go out and sign someone.

It’s a shame we just missed Adam Jones.

Offline Truconfidence

What is it about Andrew Stevenson? I don't get it. He's dreadful.

Hitting yes but he is a decent fielder.

Offline Truconfidence

Austin Jackson is still out there. Maybe if SF cuts Parra. Best options I see.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
It’s a shame we just missed Adam Jones.

Oh jeez. That was the first name that came to mind.

Offline UMDNats

While this solves our CF battle for the short-term, I hate to lose MAT because he has value as a player and obviously leg injuries for a defense-heavy guy like him are especially serious. We need someone we can easily cut in May/June. I'd probably ride with Stevenson for now as a 4th OF and see if anyone decent comes around off the waiver wire around opening day.

Offline Natsinpwc

Denard Span.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?

It’s not like there are a bevy of HofF destined outfielders sitting on the shelf to choose from.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Sprained left knee and hip.   Austin Jackson is another possibility.

Really, losing our #4 OF is not a major issue at this point.  Stevenson would be fine, with Adams and Kendrick as options for LF. 

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Sprained left knee and hip.   Austin Jackson is another possibility.

Really, losing our #4 OF is not a major issue at this point.  Stevenson would be fine, with Adams and Kendrick as options for LF.
And maybe Difo?  I wonder when Kendrick will be back?

Online imref

Davey says Difo is going to play some CF this weekend.

Offline nfotiu

Re: The List of Health-Challenged - 2019 Edition
« Reply #68: March 15, 2019, 07:23:02 PM »
We're putting a lot faith and pressure on our youngins this year if we start the season with Soto filling Harper's shoes, and Robles as our only center field.  I like them both, and they are both as good as bet as any others to succeed, but it's a tall order.  I hope it works out!

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

« Reply #71: March 19, 2019, 01:20:30 PM »
Youth. This would have had Zim or Werth out for half a season.

Yep, and MAT is hungry.  He is running out of time to prove himself and secure himself some sort of multi-year deal wherever when he reaches free agency.  He's at the age now where you can no longer talk about his tools and "potential" but rather simply what he does production wise. 

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #72: March 23, 2019, 03:51:40 PM »
Rizzo told Zuck today that it’s unlikely that Howie and MAT will be ready for OD.

Online imref

« Reply #73: March 24, 2019, 12:21:41 PM »
Kendrick and Taylor will start the season on the IL per Zuck

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #74: April 02, 2019, 08:06:39 PM »
Placeholder for Trea Turner's broke wrist