Author Topic: The Former Nationals Watch (2019)  (Read 15159 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: The Former Nationals Watch (2019)
« Reply #200: September 17, 2019, 06:56:56 PM »

:shock:

Maybe I'm too cynical.     :shrug:     An organization that size with employees spending days together in tight quarters  ...  others knew or suspected.     By participated, I mean shared info with the accused.    They may not have realized it at the time but there's somebody in the company who's thinking, "I knew that SOB was up to something."

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #201: September 17, 2019, 07:08:40 PM »
Maybe I'm too cynical.     :shrug:     An organization that size with employees spending days together in tight quarters  ...  others knew or suspected.     By participated, I mean shared info with the accused.    They may not have realized it at the time but there's somebody in the company who's thinking, "I knew that SOB was up to something."

OK that makes more sense.

One thing that bothers me is how much organizations are willing to overlook and put up with from athletes.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #202: September 17, 2019, 07:31:34 PM »

OK that makes more sense.

One thing that bothers me is how much organizations are willing to overlook and put up with from athletes.

I seriously doubt any organization overlooks child molestation :roll:

Offline mitlen

« Reply #203: September 17, 2019, 07:36:02 PM »

They don't over look it once it's found out.    However, I do believe organizations miss the signs of a lot of issues   ...    from drug/alcohol, gambling, to odd internet relationships (I'm trying to put it nicely), etc.     They don't wanna know.     Somebody knew or suspected.    Now, whether they followed up with anyone is another question.    Even if they did know, this sort of thing has to be handled by an outside entity and they should (or maybe did) contact the cops.    It's not an EAP deal.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #204: September 17, 2019, 07:49:53 PM »
They don't over look it once it's found out.    However, I do believe organizations miss the signs of a lot of issues   ...    from drug/alcohol, gambling, to odd internet relationships (I'm trying to put it nicely), etc.     They don't wanna know.     Somebody knew or suspected.    Now, whether they followed up with anyone is another question.    Even if they did know, this sort of thing has to be handled by an outside entity and they should (or maybe did) contact the cops.    It's not an EAP deal.

for sure, if ANYONE knew or suspected their first order of business is to notify the authorities, which who knows since he was caught may have actually been the case.  Turning a blind eye to something like this is NOT acceptable.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #205: September 17, 2019, 07:50:30 PM »
for sure, if ANYONE knew or suspected their first order of business is to notify the authorities, which who knows since he was caught may have actually been the case.  Turning a blind eye to something like this is NOT acceptable.

That's what I'm hopin' as well.     Somebody told the authorities.    It's a tough spot to be in.    You gotta be careful puttin' that out to a 3rd party.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #206: September 17, 2019, 09:59:25 PM »
:shock:  :wtf:

I don't understand this crap. There are tons of adult chicks willing to drop their panties, even more so for pro athletes, and he opts for this!

The heart wants what the heart wants...

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #207: September 17, 2019, 11:09:45 PM »
Joe Pederno agrees

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #208: September 17, 2019, 11:25:07 PM »
Joe Pederno agrees

Yikes, completely forgot about that :(

Offline dracnal

« Reply #209: September 18, 2019, 01:57:29 AM »
Yikes, completely forgot about that :(

Larry Nassar as well.There's so much money in sports, NCAA or pro leagues, that stuff is quietly ignored.

Offline Elvir Ovcina

« Reply #210: September 18, 2019, 08:28:44 AM »
That's what I'm hopin' as well.     Somebody told the authorities.    It's a tough spot to be in.    You gotta be careful puttin' that out to a 3rd party.

It sounds from an article I read like the "somebody" was the victim's mother. 

But I agree with you about the organizational point.  Like other glaring personal/legal issues, it seems unlikely that there were no signs of something as far over the line as this is. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #211: September 18, 2019, 09:09:00 AM »
:shock:  :wtf:

I don't understand this crap. There are tons of adult chicks willing to drop their panties, even more so for pro athletes, and he opts for this!

I made a sarcastic response earlier. But celebs dating underage girls is been going on forever. And most don’t bat an eye. Many aren’t as bad as Vasquez, but a lot are.

I stole this list. Sorry for the length, but I think it just shows how common this is.

Let's start back in 1919. Charlie Chaplin, who would become one of the most famous and celebrated movie stars of all time, was 29 when he married 16 year old aspiring actress Mildred Harris. Their marriage only lasted 2 years.  In 1924, Chaplin repeated the pattern with another 16 year old, Lita Gray.  He met Lita when she was just 6 and began taking her on dates around the age of 12. 

1954 -- Sam Cooke meets a 12-year old Aretha Franklin and brings her to his hotel room.  Before her father interrupted, Aretha said the conversation "took another turn."

In 1957, 23 year old Jerry Lee Lewis married his cousin, 13 year old Myra Brown.  She still believed in Santa.

Also in 1957, 16 year old Anna Mae Bullock met 24 year old Ike Turner. He quickly took her into his band, helped make her a star, and began to treat the newly christened "Tina" as if he owned her.  They married 6 years later.  Tina once wrote that she was afraid not to accept his proposal.

In 1959, Elvis Presley met his future wife.  He was 25 and she was 14. They stayed in touch via phone and letters for the next 2 1/2 years.  At that time, Elvis took her on a drug romp to Vegas, followed by moving her into his Graceland mansion. They didn't marry until 1967. While both parties claimed that Priscilla was a virgin on her wedding night, biographer Susan Finstad makes a strong case that this could not be true.  Priscilla herself has admitted that she & Elvis slept in the same bed and that Elvis "taught (her) other ways to please him."  Elvis reportedly had a predeliction for 14 year old girls, both before and after his marriage to Priscilla.

Chuck Berry  was arrested and found guilty of transporting an underage girl across state lines for immoral purposes, spending two years in jail in 1960.

In 1969, Sable Starr, queen of the so-called "baby groupies", had a brief relationship with Iggy Pop.  She was 13. He later wrote a song about it. Starr had sexual relationships with many other band members, including encouters with David Bowie, Mick Jagger, and Rod Stewart.

It's 1972 and Rock stars are stil having sex with little girls and everyone knows it, but no one does anything about it. Lori Mattix tells of losing her virginity at age 14 to David Bowie.  She went on to start "dating" Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page that same year, a relationsihp that began when Page's manager kidnapped her and brought her to Jimmy's hotel room.  Page kept Lori essentially locked up in his house for most of their 18 months together.  The "baby groupie" also reports a sexual relationship with Mick Jagger when she was just 17.

In 1973, married singer Marvin Gaye met and pursued 17 year old Janis Hunter.  He wrote "Let's Get it On" as a tribute to his lust for her. Marvin took his teen date to dinner shortly after they met, where he bribed the waiter to bring her alcohol, then had sex with her later that night. They had a baby by the time she was 18, and married in 1977. The marriage lasted just 3 years.

In 1975, Steven Tyler purchased the guardianship of a 16 year old girl (Julia Holcomb) from her mother when he was 27 so that he could legally take her with him across state lines while he was on tour.

In 1978, Ted Nugent also purchases the guardianship of a teenager from her parents.  He was 30, Pele Massa was 17. Years later, Ted reportedly received oral sex from a 12 year old Courtney Love.

March 10, 1977. One of the most well-known cases. Director Roman Polanski drugs and rapes 13 year old Samantha Gailey. Allowed to plead guilty to a lesser charge, Polanski nevertheless fled to France before sentencing and remains exiled from the United States. He has not been exiled, however, from Hollywood and continues to make movies and win awards to this day.

Eagles drummer and vocalist Don Henley was arrested in 1980 in Los Angeles after paramedics were called to his home to save a naked 16-year-old girl who was overdosing on cocaine and Quaaludes.

Colored over as a a "grand romance" and a "decades long relationship", Celine Dion was 12 years old when 38 year old Rene Angelil became her manager.  They went public with their relationship when she was 19.

In 1984, Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman started dating Mandy Smith. She was 13.  Although they did not marry until she was 18, Mandy says she was 14 when they first had sex.  Mr. Wyman has never been investigated, much less prosecuted.

Red Hot Chili Peppers' lead Anthony Kiedis readily admits to having sex with a 14 year old girl when he was 23.  According to him, once he confirmed her age he "had sex with her again."  In 1986, the 24-year old musician began dating 16 year old Ione Skye.

In 1990, 16 year old Mayte Garcia's mother sent a video of her belly-dancing to Prince. He arranged to meet her, confirmed she was 16 and a year later moved her into his house.  When she was 19, he initiated a sexual relationshi by informing her it was time to go on birth control.  They married when she was 22 and he was 37.  Before Mayte, Prince met "Anna Fantastic" when she was 15.  At 17, she moved into his compound where they had a two year long relationship.

In 1991, 32 year old director Luc Besson met and eventually married model Maïwenn Le Besco when she was 15.  Their relationship inspired his movie Léon: The Professional (1994), which followed an emotional relationship between an adult man and a young girl.

In 1993, Jerry Seinfeld picked up a  high school student in a public park.  He was 39 and she was 17.  He and Shoshanna Lonstein dated for four years -- through her college years.

Also in 1993, MC Ren of N.W.A. was accused of raping and impregnating a 16 year old girl in the group's tour bus. The case never went to trial, however a paternity test showed that he was the father of the girl's baby.

Noted pedophile R Kelley secretly married R&B singer Aaliyah in 1994 when she was 15 and he was 27.  They met when she was 12 and he later helped write and produce her first album -- "Age Ain't Nothing but a Number."

In 1995, teen star Brandy (age 16) started dating 21-year-old Boyz II Men member Wanya Morris. Keeping their relationship under wraps due to her age proved too stressful for the couple and they broke up soon after.

In 1997, Woody Allen should have become notorious when he married his de facto step-daughter.  Though she was 21 at the time of the wedding, the two met when she 8.  No matter the spin, the facts are stark. This wasn't the only time Allen dated a much younger woman. Actress Babi Christina Engelhardt  began a years-long love affair with Allen when she was 16 and he was 41. When Allen was 42, he romanced 17-year-old actress and high school senior Stacey Nelkin.

It's the early-mid 2000s and "That 70s Show" actor, Wilmer Valderrama, continues to date teenage girls in an effort to deny that he is now over 30.  He dated 16-year-old Mandy Moore despite being four years her senior.  At age 24, Valderrama dated 17-year-old Lindsay Lohan though they kept the relationship a secret until her 18th birthday in 2004. In 2010, the 30-year-old began dating 17-year-old Demi Lovato.

In 2001, Fast & Furious star Paul Walker (28 at the time) was dating 16-year old Aubrianna Atwell.  This was not Paul's last time to date a teenager.  His girlfriend at the time of his death, Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell, was 23 to his 40.  They met when she was 16.

Back in 2004, 26 year old Joel Madden and Hilary Duff did the familiar dance of being "just friends" until her 18th birthday in 2006. When asked about whether she was intimate with Madden or not in a 2015 interview with Cosmopolitan, Duff stated, "I had a 26-year-old boyfriend. So everyone can make their own assumptions about what I was doing."

In 2005, clean cut TV heartthrob Chad Michael Murray begins dating a girl in high school.  They get engaged when she turns 18 and Murray calls her a "little sweetheart" and says they have been together "for awhile."

Similarly, in 2006, co-stars Hayden Panettiere and Milo Ventimiglia began dating. She was 17.  He was 12 years her senior.

Actor Doug Hutchison married 16-year-old Courtney Stodden in 2011, when he was 51 years old. The dysfunctional pair became famous as reality stars, with Courtney undergoing extensive plastic surgery to maintain their image.

Rapper Tyga and Kylie Jenner began "hanging out" an awful lot beginning in 2014 when she was 16 and he was 24. They dated on and off after that, though they became a lot more openly "on" after her 18th birthday in 2016.

In late 2018, 44 year old Leonardo DiCaprio publicly reveals that he is dating 21 year old model Camilla Morrone. It's not the age gap that puts Leo on our list, it's the fact that he's known Camilla since she was 11.

2018 -- 14 year old Millie Bobby Brown innocently revealed that rapper, Drake, age 31, has been close friends with her, for the last year giving her advice about boys.  He texts her, "I miss you."  This is the same Drake who has, more than once, skated around that "just friends until she turns 18" line -- most recently with 18 year old model Bella Harris.

• babble on
« Reply #212: September 18, 2019, 11:03:34 AM »
I hit the brakes hard when a girl I was fooling around with told me she was 15 (I was 22 or 23 at the time).  She looked a lot older.  crap happens, but when it happens repeatedly or with prior knowledge then you've got a problem. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #213: September 18, 2019, 11:08:21 AM »
I hit the brakes hard when a girl I was fooling around with told me she was 15 (I was 22 or 23 at the time).  She looked a lot older.  crap happens, but when it happens repeatedly or with prior knowledge then you've got a problem.

I’m not going to fault a guy too much for hooking up with a 16 year old once because as you’ve said, crap happens. But once you know and then continue to have a relationship, or marry them or “buy their guardianship so you can take them across state lines” (WTF), that’s when it’s a problem.

And 12 or 13 years old? Beyond disgusting.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #214: September 18, 2019, 11:33:43 AM »
I’m not going to fault a guy too much for hooking up with a 16 year old once because as you’ve said, crap happens. But once you know and then continue to have a relationship, or marry them or “buy their guardianship so you can take them across state lines” (WTF), that’s when it’s a problem.

And 12 or 13 years old? Beyond disgusting.

Exactly. Enormous difference between a 13 year old and 16 year old, any man attracted to a 13 year old is pretty pathetic. 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #215: September 18, 2019, 11:47:11 AM »
Exactly. Enormous difference between a 13 year old and 16 year old, any man attracted to a 13 year old is pretty pathetic.

I think we mostly agree.

I think it’s degrees of disgusting, grown men “dating” 16 and 17 year old girls is pretty gross in my opinion.  Especially with these celebrities who could easily graduate to young women 18-21.  It’s a mentality I don’t really get.

Loser that has no job and can’t get women his age to look at him. I understand why that guy is trolling the high schools.

World famous multi-millionaire entertainer? It truly puzzles me why so many gravitate this young. 

Jerry Seinfeld picked up a high school student at a park near her school? WTF? Go to a club?

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #216: September 18, 2019, 12:05:14 PM »

Jerry Seinfeld picked up a high school student at a park near her school? WTF? Go to a club?

yea that one was always bizarre especially because at the time he was huge, Seinfeld was like the #1 show on tv and he's flying a high schooler to the set?? I mean I guess from the Epstein saga we shouldn't be shocked a lot of "normal" seeming guys sure did like to be surrounded by young girls, just really unfathomable to me why that holds such an enormous attraction for a lot of dudes. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #217: September 18, 2019, 12:07:07 PM »
yea that one was always bizarre especially because at the time he was huge, Seinfeld was like the #1 show on tv and he's flying a high schooler to the set?? I mean I guess from the Epstein saga we shouldn't be shocked a lot of "normal" seeming guys sure did like to be surrounded by young girls, just really unfathomable to me why that holds such an enormous attraction for a lot of dudes.

Ask John Derek...or Roman Polanski.  Well, you can't ask John...he dead...

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #218: September 18, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »
Ask John Derek...or Roman Polanski.  Well, you can't ask John...he dead...

Look at that list bs posted, that's A LOT of very well off famous guys who wanted to be with teeny boppers, just gross :spaz: 

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #219: September 18, 2019, 12:47:44 PM »
Look at that list bs posted, that's A LOT of very well off famous guys who wanted to be with teeny boppers, just gross :spaz:

The Luc Besson one upsets me the most.  "The Professional" is one of my all time favorite movies. Finding out it was based on the relationship that he had with a 15 year old that he impregnated ruined it for me.

And Woody Allen is beyond disgusting

Offline mitlen

« Reply #220: September 18, 2019, 12:51:44 PM »
I made a sarcastic response earlier. But celebs dating underage girls is been going on forever. And most don’t bat an eye. Many aren’t as bad as Vasquez, but a lot are.

I stole this list. Sorry for the length, but I think it just shows how common this is.

Jeffrey Epstein et al.

• babble on
« Reply #221: September 18, 2019, 01:01:36 PM »
I thought she was just following the mutton in his pockets?

• babble on
« Reply #222: September 18, 2019, 01:03:35 PM »
And his movies are boring boomer shiyte that people would waste hours discussing at the dinner table when I was a kid.  I wanted to junkpunch him from a very early age even before I knew about his overall skeeviness. 
And Woody Allen is beyond disgusting

Offline mitlen

« Reply #223: September 18, 2019, 01:09:07 PM »
And his movies are boring boomer shiyte that people would waste hours discussing at the dinner table when I was a kid.  I wanted to junkpunch him from a very early age even before I knew about his overall skeeviness. 

I never got the draw of Woody Allen's work either.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #224: September 18, 2019, 01:10:26 PM »
It sounds from an article I read like the "somebody" was the victim's mother. 

Too bad it wasn't someone in the organization.