Author Topic: MASN 2019 streaming options? (Updated for 2020)  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
Re: MASN 2019 streaming options?
« Reply #100: July 21, 2020, 10:12:41 AM »
Sooo as a guy who cut the cable cord and went to hulu live right after baseball season, am i to understand that i am now screwed and have to go back to comcast? any better ideas?

Do you use Fire TV?

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Can’t use a VPN with a mobile device. The GPS chip in a phone or tablet gives away your location, so it won’t work, unless you jailbreak the iPad.  You can use a laptop though. I use ExpressVPN.

Thanks for the heads-up. Ugh, very frustrating. I need to repair my laptop, unfortunately, but I guess I can start that project.

Offline Greg_SRT

• Fun while it lasted
Here is my solution. Has worked for the last 2 seasons.

Fire TV + Express VPN + MLB.TV

On Fire TV, you have offical apps for both MLB.TV and Express VPN

I pay for MLB.TV, and pay $5 a month also for Express VPN.

Before selecting a game on MLB.TV, I use the Express VPN app on my Fire TV and select a location. Usually somewhere in Europe as selecting Canada or Mexico has had shaky results.

After I've selected a location on the VPN app, I go to the MLB.TV app. Select a game and team feed (always MASN Nationals feed) and no Black Out.

I am giving MLB the money they ask for and just side stepping the blackout.

*remember to turn VPN off after game* as not doing so will often conflict with Netflix/Hulu. And that is the under the table agreement with MLB you see. MLB could easily detect and block me like the other services do, but they choose not to.

Offline nfotiu

MASN is now on ATT Now!   I'm not sure which package it is on, but it is on my old directv now package!

Offline Monarch

MASN is now on ATT Now!   I'm not sure which package it is on, but it is on my old directv now package!

I just came here to post this! I use ATT TV streaming service and noticed that MASN was now an option!

Offline machpost

It looks like you need the $80/month package at a minimum to get the RSNs.

Offline nfotiu

It looks like you need the $80/month package at a minimum to get the RSNs.
Yeah.  Glad I stayed with the old grandfathered plan. $65 for way more channels including HBO.

Offline 1995hoo

MLB.tv seems to be buffering constantly. I asked my brother in Louisiana and he said the same.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
ExpressVPN is great. Thanks gents

Offline 1995hoo

The MLB.tv MASN stream's constant buffering and picture switching to low-rez for no reason is really frustrating. Almost makes me consider just switching to streaming audio or something instead. But I don’t know whether the problems are device specific. Have to try a different one tomorrow.

Offline 1995hoo

Trying an Apple TV for MLB.tv tonight. Far better experience than the Fire Cube I was using yesterday. No idea why this is so much better.

Edited to add: Not a single rebuffering, freeze-up, or picture becoming low-rez and blurry. Wonder why this device worked so much better.

Offline miller10

Found a site with all the games live (home and away feed) with no blackout.  I would gladly pay for MASN streaming (and the MLB package) but since it's not an option, I will go the free route.  Can't wait for the Nats and O's to be divorced from their broadcast network.

Offline rugbyflanker

• OllllllO
Can’t use a VPN with a mobile device. The GPS chip in a phone or tablet gives away your location, so it won’t work, unless you jailbreak the iPad.  You can use a laptop though. I use ExpressVPN.

I am able to watch Nats on mlb.tv on an Ipad (using Unlocator - thanks nfotiu for the advice) not jailbroken if your router has the ability (I have a Netgear) to block certain DNS servers and you can block google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) it should work...turn off location services on your IOS device and block google DNS servers.  Your mileage may vary...past performance is no indication of future results...