Poll

Vote for the M&G III date

August 31st - Marlins - (Camo Tank Promo)
4 (36.4%)
September 28th - Indians - (Pups In The Park, Stitch 'N Pitch & Faith Day Promos)
6 (54.5%)
Other
1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: June 30, 2019, 05:11:58 PM

Author Topic: WNFF M&G III - September 28th @ 2:35pm  (Read 15317 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: WNFF M&G III
« Reply #75: January 24, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »
I too will contribute all the points I can to this and be willing to add cash for catering if need be. I kinda want the bragging rights to be like "Yeah, just rented a suite for the game, wanna come?" at the bar. So put me in for two tickets  :rofl:

You guys are either going to be impressed with the kind of dates I can attract or one of you is getting a free ticket.  :hysterical:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #76: January 24, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »
Last year's M&G drew maybe 15 people or so?  What did the first go?  Would we really need some suite, some not?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #77: January 24, 2019, 09:07:22 PM »
Last year's M&G drew maybe 15 people or so?  What did the first go?  Would we really need some suite, some not?

I think 12 was about the member turnout.  We had spouses and kids and friends that put us at maybe double that...maybe more...

Just a guess...I honestly don't know about the total...

I'd ask mitlen, but I'm sure it was more than 3...

So...a good time was had by all...again.  The group photo was somewhat impaired by the mist machine, but Mrs. VaRK did her best to clean it up.  mitlen was the beneficiary of a somewhat blurry image...   :couch:

(Image removed from quote.)

Click on the picture for a larger image...

(Image removed from quote.)

Left to right - DCFan, Mrs. NatsAllThe Way, NatsAllThe Way, bluestreak, varoadking, mitlen, TomTerp, RobDibblesGhost, WJ73, JCA-CrystalCity, Mr. WJ73, Mrs. NatNasty, NatNasty.

Members not pictured but in attendance:  PowerBoater69, Stealyerbase.  There were spouses and other guests that aren't pictured, and maybe some other members...

If I managed to misidentified someone, or left you out, please let me know, and accept my humble apologies in advance...

Thanks to everyone, especially TomTerp and bluestreak for their contributions.  Let's work towards an even bigger turnout next year...  ;)

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!
« Reply #78: January 25, 2019, 12:24:06 AM »
I think 12 was about the member turnout.  We had spouses and kids and friends that put us at maybe double that...maybe more...

Just a guess...I honestly don't know about the total...

I'd ask mitlen, but I'm sure it was more than 3...

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline wj73

« Reply #79: January 25, 2019, 08:18:08 AM »
Count Mr wj73 and me in. A suite would be fun, but I’d be fine if we all ended up at the Red Lift pre-game again. But if we go with a suite, we’ll be glad to chip in for catering since we can’t contribute points.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #80: January 25, 2019, 09:49:42 AM »
Suites are reserved one month out, so we can't be sure of getting a certain type of suite until they become available. Number of points needed has not been set but probably won't change from last year. Catering is about $1000, or about $35 per person in a 29 person suite. Suites are reserved via the Nats Plus site but it's possible we might be able to get in early.

RCR points can be earned by non plan holders. As a plan holder I can add people to my plan and you will be able to enter the daily codes to rack up points. No actual game purchase is necessary to get this access.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #81: January 25, 2019, 02:07:34 PM »
Suites are reserved one month out, so we can't be sure of getting a certain type of suite until they become available. Number of points needed has not been set but probably won't change from last year. Catering is about $1000, or about $35 per person in a 29 person suite. Suites are reserved via the Nats Plus site but it's possible we might be able to get in early.

RCR points can be earned by non plan holders. As a plan holder I can add people to my plan and you will be able to enter the daily codes to rack up points. No actual game purchase is necessary to get this access.

Thanks, PB...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #82: February 16, 2019, 09:35:20 AM »
Any suggestions for the date? 

As in the past, I'd think it should be a Saturday evening.  It should likely not be a marque opponent - that should increase our prospect for good tickets...

Offline wj73

« Reply #83: February 16, 2019, 10:18:32 AM »
I looked over the schedule and came up with this list of non-marquee Saturday games (promo):

April 13 - Pirates (Foundation Day, Scout Day)
April 27 - Padres (Pups in Park, Girl Scout day)
May 25 - Marlins (Marvel Superhero Day, Captain Zimmerman bobble)
June 15 - D’backs (Star Wars Day, Obi “Sean” Kenobi bobble)
July 6 - Royals (Caturday)
Aug 17 - Brewers (Corbin bobble, Virginia Tech Day, Healthcare Services night)
Aug 31 - Marlins (Camo tank)
Sept 28 - Indians (Pups in Park, Stitch n Pitch, Faith Day)

All games at 4:05, except August Brewers and Marlins, scheduled for 7:05.

My sense is that there will be the least amount of casual fan interest in April 27, May 25, July 6, and August 17. Not sure about the Star Wars game - has that run its course or is there still fan interest?  The camo tank game scares me - not sure I want to see a bunch of fat hairy guys sporting their new tank tees.  :spaz:  Also not sure about the Pirates. There seem to be a lot of local Pittsburgh fans. And I have no idea what a Caturday is.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #84: February 16, 2019, 10:32:10 AM »
I looked over the schedule and came up with this list of non-marquee Saturday games (promo):

My sense is that there will be the least amount of casual fan interest in April 27, May 25, July 6, and August 17. Not sure about the Star Wars game - has that run its course or is there still fan interest?  The camo tank game scares me - not sure I want to see a bunch of fat hairy guys sporting their new tank tees.  :spaz:  Also not sure about the Pirates. There seem to be a lot of local Pittsburgh fans. And I have no idea what a Caturday is.

Thanks, wj...

Does anyone know if the Nats have published the RCR blackout dates yet?

Offline wj73

« Reply #85: February 18, 2019, 06:51:18 PM »
Cross posting from 2019 schedule thread:

Nationals 2019 game tiers:https://content.mlb.com/documents/7/8/2/301189782/2019_Group_Game_Tiers_primo.pdf

Based on this, I’ve added the tier level to each game.

April 13 - Pirates (Foundation Day, Scout Day) - regular tier
April 27 - Padres (Pups in Park, Girl Scout day) - regular tier
May 25 - Marlins (Marvel Superhero Day, Captain Zimmerman bobble) - prime
June 15 - D’backs (Star Wars Day, Obi “Sean” Kenobi bobble) - marquee
July 6 - Royals (Caturday) - prime
Aug 17 - Brewers (Corbin bobble, Virginia Tech Day, Healthcare Services night) - prime
Aug 31 - Marlins (Camo tank) - regular
Sept 28 - Indians (Pups in Park, Stitch n Pitch, Faith Day) - regular

So if we want a game that likely has lower amount of fan interest, it looks like the “regular” games fit that bill - April 13, April 27, Aug 31, or Sept 28. “Prime” is the next level up, then “Marquee”. I had not originally included other Saturday games rated the top level of “Diamond”. 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #86: February 18, 2019, 08:31:10 PM »
Nice work doing that cross reference WJ.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #87: February 18, 2019, 08:36:52 PM »
Every Saturday is Caturday

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #88: February 19, 2019, 09:22:54 AM »
I’d avoid any Bobblehead day. And Star Wars day will be insanely popular. I’d also vote for no afternoon August or July Games

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #89: March 02, 2019, 04:13:08 PM »
I added a poll.  Looks like our selections are pretty limited, so unless there is an overwhelming outcry for another date, thinking 8/31 or 9/28 is our date.

Vote, and lemme know your thoughts...

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #90: March 02, 2019, 08:30:31 PM »
I added a poll.  Looks like our selections are pretty limited, so unless there is an overwhelming outcry for another date, thinking 8/31 or 9/28 is our date.

I voted for the September game only because the weather might be less severe. But I’m not wedded to that date. I’m local so any dates work.

Offline wj73

« Reply #91: March 02, 2019, 09:12:10 PM »

If you or anyone else wants to add me to their plan I’ll be glad to enter magic words all day long to rack up points and contribute them to the cause. Just tell me what to do. (I’m retired so I might as well do something socially useful. )

I voted for August since the Sept game is the last home series, and if we’re in a pennant race it could turn into a more popular game.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #92: March 02, 2019, 10:31:11 PM »

If you or anyone else wants to add me to their plan I’ll be glad to enter magic words all day long to rack up points and contribute them to the cause. Just tell me what to do. (I’m retired so I might as well do something socially useful. )

I voted for August since the Sept game is the last home series, and if we’re in a pennant race it could turn into a more popular game.

I can probably do this, I need to get my season plan worked out first, probably closer to the start of the season I'll follow up.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #93: March 04, 2019, 10:24:08 AM »
I can probably do this, I need to get my season plan worked out first, probably closer to the start of the season I'll follow up.

This is my first time being a SPH so I don't know how to add people to my account. That being said, if any one is interested I can add up to 3 more people to my plan if there is any other interest in racking up RCR points. Don't know how all the details work though.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #94: March 04, 2019, 04:31:48 PM »
"Camo tank night"???  Just be honest and call it "bingo wings and hairy back night"  :P

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #95: March 15, 2019, 09:35:57 PM »
How about when Skippy can make it ?  Or other WNFFers who would be coming from a large distance away ?

MDS - this even means you ...

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #96: March 16, 2019, 09:06:16 PM »
In the ACCESS portal, Suites are available for several dozen dates for the price of 14,000 points...both Party Suites and Jefferson Suites...and a mix of weekday and weekend dates.

If several heavy hitters blessed with points and would like to front them with the promise of returns from others, they are there for the taking in the Marketplace...

The dates are listed in chronological order by Suite type, so you have to surf thru all of the listings for the Party and Jefferson Suites.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #97: March 16, 2019, 09:11:58 PM »
In the ACCESS portal, Suites are available for several dozen dates for the price of 14,000 points...both Party Suites and Jefferson Suites...and a mix of weekday and weekend dates.

If several heavy hitters blessed with points and would like to front them with the promise of returns from others, they are there for the taking in the Marketplace...

The dates are listed in chronological order by Suite type, so you have to surf thru all of the listings for the Party and Jefferson Suites.

I can do 2,000 points. With 100 bonus points available each home game ten of us can rack up 5,000 points in the first home stand.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #98: March 20, 2019, 10:52:20 PM »

Checking interest in getting a suite again...thoughts?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #99: March 21, 2019, 08:31:17 AM »
Checking interest in getting a suite again...thoughts?

14,000 points for a free suite means 14 of us getting the bonus points for just ten home games. We'd earn two tickets each. Seems like a good idea.