Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52976 times)

Offline WanderSoto

Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #400: January 15, 2020, 03:31:02 PM »
Anyone look at Select-A-Seat? (It started up this week. ) There is a lot more inventory than I thought there would be given all the plans purchased to get World Series tickets.

Offline drj

« Reply #401: January 15, 2020, 11:20:40 PM »
I agree.  Some choice locations in the Gallery still available!

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #402: January 16, 2020, 12:21:40 PM »
i just looked. It's actually surprising. There are actually so front row field level seats available. Weird for a world series winner.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #403: January 16, 2020, 02:45:13 PM »
i just looked. It's actually surprising. There are actually so front row field level seats available. Weird for a world series winner.
I'm thinking a lot of the folks who bought SPH to get WS tickets got the cheapest packages, and there were a lot of folks who wrote them off and cancelled early rather than renew.  I think BiL was even thinking about that for one or two of his plans, and PB69 did that.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #404: January 16, 2020, 10:24:54 PM »

I was actually looking to move out of the front row in the Club MVP section (to the third row) since there is a surcharge for front-row seats.  Unfortunately one of my ticket partners nixed that idea.

Offline machpost

« Reply #405: January 17, 2020, 01:52:35 PM »
I'm in the Infield Gallery 300 level near the press box. I'd like to move my seats to the aisle but nothing is ever available unless I want to move way down toward the bases. Seems like people hang on to those seats.

Offline MtPleasantNatsFan

« Reply #406: January 18, 2020, 05:14:33 PM »
I’m new this year.  After paying $3k for seats last year, thought I should try the 400 level full season single ticket with the idea of trading tickets together for pairs and sitting at the Budweiser brew house.

In other words, I want to get invited to the events but don’t plan to attend every game

Is there anyone else who has a single ticket plan and how did you use it outside of just attending every game?

I am thinking seriously of upgrading to a pair of big ticket seats with the idea of selling tickets to some games.  I spoke to a friend who had club seats and he told me that he broke even on selling the seats.  Basically sold about half for either over or under face value.  I was curious if that was your experience?  I can’t plunk down $12k for a pair of seats without knowing I could get $6k back..,

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #407: January 18, 2020, 05:55:10 PM »
I’m actually curious about the club too. There are decent seats available there, but I wonder about resale and if the club aspect is worth it. Any people who have seats there, can you give me some of your thoughts?

Feel free to DM me.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #408: January 18, 2020, 05:57:40 PM »
maybe I'm not aggressive enough in pricing, but I seem to almost never break even when I sell my club seats in section 208.  Granted, I usually post late and sell at the StubHub recommended price for sale, which I guess is the low end of the market.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #409: January 18, 2020, 06:20:03 PM »
I am thinking seriously of upgrading to a pair of big ticket seats with the idea of selling tickets to some games.  I spoke to a friend who had club seats and he told me that he broke even on selling the seats.  Basically sold about half for either over or under face value.  I was curious if that was your experience?  I can’t plunk down $12k for a pair of seats without knowing I could get $6k back..,

I think your friend is very lucky.  Once you factor in StubHub's ridiculous fees, I don't come anywhere close to getting face value back.  I have killer seats in the front row of the Club Level MVP section and can rarely get face value back (after fees) unless we're playing someone like the Cubs.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #410: January 18, 2020, 06:20:56 PM »
I think your friend is very lucky.  Once you factor in StubHub's ridiculous fees, I don't come anywhere close to getting face value back.  I have killer seats in the front row of the Club Level MVP section and can rarely get face value back (after fees) unless we're playing someone like the Cubs.

This is what I was worried about.

Offline santanaf

« Reply #411: January 23, 2020, 08:48:12 AM »
We've had the same 2 seats in 135 up close since 2008, but the addition of the netting has really obstructed our view of home plate and the batter. It's not the net as much as it's the field openings where the net needs support pipes and needs to be doubled up that sits right in our sightline. So when I saw the front row available across the field during Select-A-Seat we grabbed 2 of them. The idea in the group is that we'll have all 4 seats and add more group members, and we'll see which seats we like best for 2020, then drop back down to the 2 best for 2021, weighing price, view, seat neighbors, etc. Have been trying to move to the front row in our section for years, but the people who sit there and just sell every game on stubhub won't ever give them up. Oh well.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #412: January 31, 2020, 06:32:28 AM »
I'm in the Infield Gallery 300 level near the press box. I'd like to move my seats to the aisle but nothing is ever available unless I want to move way down toward the bases. Seems like people hang on to those seats.

I certainly have - 312/A/1 (TBSITH) since the ballpark opened; renewed for the upcoming season.