Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52435 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #200: March 29, 2019, 06:40:55 PM »
If you have Club seats, the club was a lot less crowded yesterday probably because people can no longer flash their cards to get in, you have to be ticketed for that game specifically.

Which is great for the games I have in there, but sucks otherwise.  I had 3 rainouts last year I hid in the club for.

I hadn’t thought of this. My plan comes with a number of club passes I haven’t taken advantage of. I need to make sure I use those more.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #201: March 29, 2019, 06:47:52 PM »
I hadn’t thought of this. My plan comes with a number of club passes I haven’t taken advantage of. I need to make sure I use those more.

Hey, stay out of there!   :P

They are nice for long rain delays, that's for damn sure. 

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #202: March 29, 2019, 07:56:23 PM »
Well, opening day, the card that the plan holder got worked fine. However, no ecash worked at food places from the App. My partner went to the SPH office and was told, yeah, the codes work fine for the merchandise vendors, but not for food. Noone was told. Furthermore, only the plan holder received the lanyard with eCash cards; other partners cannot get those cards!

I still haven't received my card from the Nats so I had to use the app for e-cash.  When I tried to pay for a beer they told me it wasn't working and they were instructed to just give it to you for free.  Wow, free beer!!  :)  Needless to say, I may have had one or two too many.   :cheers:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #203: March 29, 2019, 09:23:08 PM »
I didn't have our seats, but one of my group members regaled us with stories about the app freezing at the gate so her group was waived in, and then getting comped at the concessions due to more malfunctions.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #204: March 29, 2019, 09:57:37 PM »
I didn't have our seats, but one of my group members regaled us with stories about the app freezing at the gate so her group was waived in, and then getting comped at the concessions due to more malfunctions.

I'm kind of hoping they don't have things worked out by next Tuesday when I return to see Harper come back.  I could use a few more free beers.  :)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #205: March 30, 2019, 07:22:28 AM »

You are probably aware that they don't give out those passes for sell outs like Opening Day. But I'm not sure how they keep track of how many passes you get since they don't seem to register your account number when you request them.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #206: March 31, 2019, 11:38:20 AM »
Does anyone know how to transfer RCR points to a partner?  I'm guessing it's supposed to be on the Points Management page, but that just says "New section coming soon".  Is there some other place to do this?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #207: March 31, 2019, 12:34:28 PM »
Does anyone know how to transfer RCR points to a partner?  I'm guessing it's supposed to be on the Points Management page, but that just says "New section coming soon".  Is there some other place to do this?

That’s it all right. Just not ready for prime time. Much like the rest of the Nats ticket system.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #208: April 02, 2019, 07:01:38 PM »

Had $33.00 added to my ecash today...one transaction of $5.00 and another of $28.00.  No idea what happened...hope there's more...  :D

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #209: April 03, 2019, 03:46:44 PM »
Has any one successfully used the Ballpark app to get their discounts at vendors?

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #210: April 03, 2019, 04:00:36 PM »
Has any one successfully used the Ballpark app to get their discounts at vendors?

Worked fine for me last night at the concession stands.  You still get charged full price, but then 20% gets credited back to your account.  I haven't tried it for any merchandise (I don't even know if it's supposed to work for that).

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #211: April 03, 2019, 04:04:45 PM »

Worked for me at a Nats Dog stand on opening day.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #212: April 03, 2019, 04:06:28 PM »
Worked fine for me last night at the concession stands.  You still get charged full price, but then 20% gets credited back to your account.  I haven't tried it for any merchandise (I don't even know if it's supposed to work for that).

For Merchandise they typically take the discount at the register when you show your SPH credentials.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #213: April 03, 2019, 06:56:54 PM »
Thanks all for the replies. Have any tickets partners used the app for discounts and have it work?

Offline santanaf

« Reply #214: April 04, 2019, 01:00:04 PM »
Seems the issues are related to concession operators rather than things not working. Our deals have, thus far, resulted in confusion and free items for primary as well as partners.

Thanks all for the replies. Have any tickets partners used the app for discounts and have it work?

Online machpost

« Reply #215: April 04, 2019, 01:06:56 PM »
I tried using the app to buy something at a concession stand and the scanner wouldn't pick up the card on my phone. They should set it up so you can add the card to your iPhone Wallet. It should work better that way.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #216: April 04, 2019, 01:39:09 PM »
Seems the issues are related to concession operators rather than things not working. Our deals have, thus far, resulted in confusion and free items for primary as well as partners.

On Saturday I had one vendor that couldn't accept the credential or the app and he wouldn't give me anything for free. :'(

I have used my credential with some success at some vendors though.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #217: April 04, 2019, 01:49:17 PM »
On Saturday I had one vendor that couldn't accept the credential or the app and he wouldn't give me anything for free. :'(

I have used my credential with some success at some vendors though.

The credential has worked flawlessly for me.  It's miles better than the cards.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #218: April 04, 2019, 01:51:51 PM »
The credential has worked flawlessly for me.  It's miles better than the cards.

The cards always worked well for me and I liked putting them in my wallet like a credit card. I really don't want to wear that geeky lanyard ("hey, look, I'm a season ticket holder :roll:") but I may have to break down because it's easy.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #219: April 04, 2019, 02:00:09 PM »
The cards always worked well for me and I liked putting them in my wallet like a credit card. I really don't want to wear that geeky lanyard ("hey, look, I'm a season ticket holder :roll:") but I may have to break down because it's easy.

For me, there were always issues with proximity to the reader and knowing if it registered. I liked the convenience of carrying the card. But I carry the same bag to the game every time, so I just throw it in that, so it's not a big deal.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #220: April 04, 2019, 06:05:37 PM »
For me, there were always issues with proximity to the reader and knowing if it registered. I liked the convenience of carrying the card. But I carry the same bag to the game every time, so I just throw it in that, so it's not a big deal.

Same here, I have a dedicated slash pocket in my Flatpack for it.

Also, that D3 Flatpack I bought to skirt the new bag policy is working famously.

Offline rsilbe

« Reply #221: April 07, 2019, 05:50:12 PM »

Last I heard from my Rep, it is not yet working, so I suppose that is where it will show up when it does!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #222: April 09, 2019, 05:39:38 AM »
I got this message from the head of the ticket group I'm in:

You haven’t received your RCR points yet because the points management function on the Access website is still “coming soon." As a backup strategy, I tried to make a parking purchase for one of you and learned that I also can’t make transactions from my account.

I sent a message about this last week asking for help and another follow-up message tonight. Hopefully I’ll hear back soon.

What a major pain in the ass. My plan for next season is to drop my own plan of cheap seats and keep my small share of her plan of really good seats. Now I'm concerned that she is going to drop those tickets too.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #223: April 09, 2019, 12:56:00 PM »
The new tech portal has really frustrated a lot of my partners to the point of I think some won’t come back next year. It’s also the loss of Natsplus cards and the reliance on the Ballpark app.

Offline CowherPower

« Reply #224: April 09, 2019, 03:35:09 PM »
The new tech portal has really frustrated a lot of my partners to the point of I think some won’t come back next year. It’s also the loss of Natsplus cards and the reliance on the Ballpark app.

Agreed - it's been a total fiasco this year.