Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52436 times)

Offline Copecwby20

Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #175: March 25, 2019, 01:34:45 AM »
Kinda last minute but I have one ticket for the exhibition game tomorrow.... I can't sell it or exchange it but I think it will let me give it to someone. Anyone want it?

Doesn't cost anything. I just don't want it to go to waste.

Online machpost

« Reply #176: March 25, 2019, 09:32:51 AM »
I wish I knew your secret.

I'm not sure why it worked for me. I just went through nationals.com/mytickets and selected "Sell on StubHub" under the "Ticket Actions" drop down menu.

I doubt they'll even sell though; I've had to mark them down to $6 like hundreds if not thousands of other seats in the 300s. Seems like there will be nobody at this game.

Offline eastie

« Reply #177: March 26, 2019, 08:29:03 AM »
i too just went to exchange some tickets online and am running in to the same issue.  This makes no sense, as we pay a per ticket price.  I have an e-mail in to my ticket rep and will let you know the result.
I'm having the same issue.  The existing tickets (the ones I am exchanging) are undervalued by a few bucks.  The target tickets seem to be the correct SPH price for those seats.

Offline geneticlyperfct

« Reply #178: March 26, 2019, 02:38:27 PM »
eCash was totally messed up yesterday. Bunch of random charges and a ton of 'account not found' errors when scanning. Opening Day is going to be a hugeee mess. Good thing it's the only way we can get our 20% discount now...  :roll:

FYI the RCR scan bonus counts tickets added to Apple Wallet as Print-At-Home (25pts for +1.5 hours, 0pts for after that). So if anybody is trying to max out points, scan the barcode from the app rather than adding the ticket to Apple Wallet.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #179: March 26, 2019, 02:44:45 PM »
eCash was totally messed up yesterday. Bunch of random charges and a ton of 'account not found' errors when scanning. Opening Day is going to be a hugeee mess. Good thing it's the only way we can get our 20% discount now...  :roll:

FYI the RCR scan bonus counts tickets added to Apple Wallet as Print-At-Home (25pts for +1.5 hours, 0pts for after that). So if anybody is trying to max out points, scan the barcode from the app rather than adding the ticket to Apple Wallet.

I used the card on the lanyard they sent me and it linked to ecash and worked like a charm. Frankly better than the cards, which were always hit or miss.
I’ll never wear it around my neck, but I’ll take it with me to all of the games.

Offline geneticlyperfct

« Reply #180: March 26, 2019, 03:10:18 PM »
I used the card on the lanyard they sent me and it linked to ecash and worked like a charm. Frankly better than the cards, which were always hit or miss.
I’ll never wear it around my neck, but I’ll take it with me to all of the games.

I was hoping that wasn't the case and it was just eCash in general that was messed up. I really didn't want to wear that billboard they call a lanyard to the park...

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #181: March 26, 2019, 04:20:44 PM »
i too just went to exchange some tickets online and am running in to the same issue.  This makes no sense, as we pay a per ticket price.  I have an e-mail in to my ticket rep and will let you know the result.

Any response from your rep on this?  I wonder if asking my rep to process the exchange for me might get around the problem?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #182: March 26, 2019, 05:50:20 PM »
If you forward tickets to a “friend” do they have any ability to print tickets or are they forced to use the app?
I tried to forward to 5 friends.  So far, 3 have tried to print tickets and were unable to do so.  2 returned their tickets to give me new email addresses, the ones they use for their personal accounts (my group is a work group so I use work emails as primary contacts). 

Is printing a problem for others?

BTW- I've yet to try to allocate tickets to my carryover partners. I'm guessing there will be problems.  I'm just hoping to get the first home stand out of my tickets and to my group members without needing to spend all day doing something that is "intuitive."  honestly, this is a pain in the butt.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #183: March 26, 2019, 08:56:12 PM »
My ticket rep just left the Nats according to an e mail. Will they assign me a new one? I'm assuming they will.

Also, If I did the payment plan for my tickets and wished to pay it off early, is that something I can do through my account or do I have to contact the ticket office/STH Reps to do manually?

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184: March 27, 2019, 04:13:42 AM »
I tried to forward to 5 friends.  So far, 3 have tried to print tickets and were unable to do so.  2 returned their tickets to give me new email addresses, the ones they use for their personal accounts (my group is a work group so I use work emails as primary contacts). 

BTW- I've yet to try to allocate tickets to my carryover partners. I'm guessing there will be problems.  I'm just hoping to get the first home stand out of my tickets and to my group members without needing to spend all day doing something that is "intuitive."  honestly, this is a pain in the butt.
OK.  So I figured out a work around for emailing tickets to folks who do not have MLB accounts.  what I did was select "print tickets" on the my tickets page, select the tickets and select print, and then, under the print options / how to print / whatever the last step is before it is sent to a printer, select save as pdf or pdf.  I was able to save the tickets as pdfs, which I can forward.

I resent the tickets to 2 of my 3 group members to their MLB accounts, so that should work.

I've also added my 8 partners to my friends list.  The one I sent tickets to was able to either print or otherwise access her tickets (not our regular seats) because her MLB account matched the email I sent the tickets to.

I hope that is one less contributor to my insomnia. 

Offline eastie

« Reply #185: March 27, 2019, 11:11:59 AM »

One thing to look out for: we're not actually using the Partner accounts to transfer seats anymore, it's using the "Friends" accounts that we used to use to email to non-partners only.  All of those accounts are linked to an email address, and that address can have multiple accounts if you've ever purchased MLB tickets outside of an SPH (one of my partners reports he had to choose from 5 different accounts, or 10 if you count the duplicate listed for every.single.account, when he logged in with no info about which was which).  Anyway, one of my partners was not seeing any of her tickets, and it turns out that the account linked to the tickets.com Friends list doesn't actually exist anymore, it was just a carry over from when I must have emailed her seats 6 or 7 years ago. I had to delete that and re-add it to get the "correct" account re-linked.  There was no error checking when they imported those contacts to make sure the linked account actually was active  >:( .  Luckily they list the account number in the contact so you can cross-check that with what your partners show in their Access or Ballpark apps to make sure they'll go to the right place.

On the other hand, I can report that the Recall Tickets function works just fine ....

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #186: March 27, 2019, 11:54:10 AM »
yes, the recall was a godsend as was the ability to return a ticket.  I loaded all my partner's emails into the friends list.  Those worked last year and no one has said those emails aren't good anymore.  Getting the right email address seems to be the biggest glitch. Nats probably should have emailed all the ones that were linked to the old nats system in advance of the roll out.  Lousy beta testing, jammed at the end, pushing stuff to dinosaurs like myself.  What could go wrong?

I've actually sent stuff out different ways for the first home stand. Through the friends thing that hopefully gets dumped into an MLB account (maybe the Ballpark App, I don't know).  I saved pdfs for some games from the "print" function in my tickets, and emailed those out. 

My agent said last Friday to make sure all your members have good email addresses.  I did not get what he meant until yesterday's CF.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #187: March 27, 2019, 12:36:44 PM »
I can’t imagine going through this with the group I used to manage or the one I was in later. Give me the old days when they used to ship me the tickets and I used to sort them by hand. Don’t tell me that took any longer.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #188: March 27, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »
I can’t imagine going through this with the group I used to manage or the one I was in later. Give me the old days when they used to ship me the tickets and I used to sort them by hand. Don’t tell me that took any longer.

Cost them money to print those tickets though.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #189: March 27, 2019, 12:48:50 PM »

This system is much better. If it works. By that I mean if there are no tech glitches it’s easier to sort, email, not lose, resell, exchange, etc.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #190: March 27, 2019, 03:14:24 PM »
This system is much better. If it works. By that I mean if there are no tech glitches it’s easier to sort, email, not lose, resell, exchange, etc.
There seem to be tech glitches though--and many of my colleagues were technically challenged to say the least.

Time moves on.  When I buy tickets for individual games on stub hub or other there seem to be no issues.

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #191: March 27, 2019, 04:03:06 PM »
There seem to be tech glitches though--and many of my colleagues were technically challenged to say the least.

Time moves on.  When I buy tickets for individual games on stub hub or other there seem to be no issues.

I had the Reds mail mine to me for our series there...nice to see old fashioned cardboard tickets...

Offline HarperHappy

« Reply #192: March 27, 2019, 09:10:01 PM »
Yes, I was basically told that I am SOL but they understand my frustration. I said that after 12 years this is likely my last year as they have become the redskins over the past few years in how they treat their loyal fans. Oh, but I should take comfort in the fact that thry want to ensure I have a great time at the park this year...

Any response from your rep on this?  I wonder if asking my rep to process the exchange for me might get around the problem?

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #193: March 27, 2019, 10:25:34 PM »
Yes, I was basically told that I am SOL but they understand my frustration. I said that after 12 years this is likely my last year as they have become the redskins over the past few years in how they treat their loyal fans. Oh, but I should take comfort in the fact that thry want to ensure I have a great time at the park this year...

Ouch!  This is ridiculous.  I'll let everyone know if I have any better luck.  One of the main selling points of season tickets is the ability to exchange.  If they're reducing the value we get for our exchanged tickets, that's just changing the terms of the deal.  It would cause me to also not renew next year.  I'll see if getting a rep to process the exchange might be a possible workaround.  Oy vey.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194: March 28, 2019, 10:18:46 AM »
I've discovered another new issue for this season: apparently you can no longer exchange seats for different tickets to the same game. On more than one occasion last year, we would move our two seats to a place where there were available seats next to them, so we could then buy those additional seats to take friends or family to games with us. This is no longer an option.

I swear, at this point they're actively trying to alienate their most devoted fans.

Trade them for another game and then trade them back.

Online machpost

« Reply #195: March 28, 2019, 10:23:23 AM »
Trade them for another game and then trade them back.

I believe the issue in this case was that the game was blacked out for exchanges. Never mind. But it's still annoying. This is the sort of thing you used to be able to call your ticket rep and handle with no problem.

Offline rsilbe

« Reply #196: March 29, 2019, 11:07:26 AM »
eCash was totally messed up yesterday.
Well, opening day, the card that the plan holder got worked fine. However, no ecash worked at food places from the App. My partner went to the SPH office and was told, yeah, the codes work fine for the merchandise vendors, but not for food. Noone was told. Furthermore, only the plan holder received the lanyard with eCash cards; other partners cannot get those cards!

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #197: March 29, 2019, 01:30:08 PM »
My partner went to the SPH office and was told, yeah, the codes work fine for the merchandise vendors, but not for food. Noone was told.

This would be major news if true because primary holders were lead to believe that partners would get the same benefits by using the app.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #198: March 29, 2019, 06:15:51 PM »
All the tech issues my luddite partners are having are sucking the joy out of being a ticket holder. The Nats don't make it easy by coming up with a system that's not user friendly for even the most tech savvy user. I go through the same crap every year, especially with new ticket partners. This will be the reason I end up giving up my tickets or at least cut down on tickets. I just don't need the headaches.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #199: March 29, 2019, 06:30:31 PM »
If you have Club seats, the club was a lot less crowded yesterday probably because people can no longer flash their cards to get in, you have to be ticketed for that game specifically.

Which is great for the games I have in there, but sucks otherwise.  I had 3 rainouts last year I hid in the club for.