Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52597 times)

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #75: February 14, 2019, 05:33:18 PM »
Arms dealers or drug mules
government workers

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #76: February 15, 2019, 07:11:15 AM »
But there is an alternate system. You can print out the tickets and bring them to the park. It's actually no different than any other venue I've ever been to. You use a paper or electronic ticket. In fact it's probably easier because now the tickets are collected in one place for me instead of having to find the ticket and then import it into a wallet. And I always have my phone with me. And it's easier to quickly get tickets to friends and my wife at last minute.

In my case that would mean printing them out at the office, since I do not have a functioning home computer or printer (that's why I can't do the 'comparative dates' posts on the GDT's at weekends, holidays or when travelling). Hopefully there will be no incompatibility issues.

And they have been pushing adoption of the ballpark app for a while. For instance, last year if you arrived within an hour of first pitch you only got RCR if you used the ballpark app to get in. or only sending tickets to the autograph and Hot Stove sessions through the app.

Never went in for those...I'm in it for the baseball (something I waited 28 years for following my relocation here).

I liked the cards, but I am sure people lost them all the time. They were also quite buggy at the concession stands.

But to answer the question, I am sure that this was done this year because it represented some type of monetary savings.

Never had any problems with the cards, but then again I never really overused mine since I only go to the day games (originally because of medical /medication issues, but nowadays because Metro closes so blasted early). And you're probably right about the switchover being guided by monetary considerations (I would add the Commissioner's ongoing obsession with baseball's perceived lack of appeal to millennials - he's probably sick to his stomach every time some sports talk host brings this up).

So I'll probably be back for my 15th year as a charter STH and my 12th year in TBSITH - hopefully our office printer will be compatible with the MLB downloads..But I can't see myself ever getting a smartphone - I don't need one for my work, the things become obsolete two weeks after one buys them, and over the years they've simply become distasteful (from all the people I've had to dodge on sidewalks and Metro platforms who have their noses buried in their text messages as they walk, among others)...but most of all, I simply don't need one, period.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #77: February 15, 2019, 03:54:12 PM »
I'm waiting for flip phones to become a hipster fad, like manual typewriters

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #78: February 19, 2019, 08:16:05 AM »
I'm waiting for flip phones to become a hipster fad, like manual typewriters

I've still got one of those - a plain old dumb-as-a-mud-fence LG flip phone. But for the few times I need a mobile (ringing a cab, or if my sister or niece need to reach me) it's really all I need.

Offline lylelgreen

« Reply #79: March 04, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »
Season tickets have been added in My Ticket Inventory, although it doesn't look like the Exchange Ticket action is working yet.

Offline rbw5t

« Reply #80: March 04, 2019, 12:48:21 PM »
Are people able to log in their Rewards accounts at this point?  My login works initially, but then takes me to a page to enter my card info.  I used the card from last year, but it says it's invalid, so maybe I have to wait for a new card?  The nationals.com/mytickets page is working fine, but I have to log into it directly since I can't get there through the normal interface yet.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #81: March 04, 2019, 01:08:09 PM »
Are people able to log in their Rewards accounts at this point?  My login works initially, but then takes me to a page to enter my card info.  I used the card from last year, but it says it's invalid, so maybe I have to wait for a new card?  The nationals.com/mytickets page is working fine, but I have to log into it directly since I can't get there through the normal interface yet.

The Access portal is not functional at this point. I would just wait. My ticket rep just sent out an email about a training program for the Access portal, which is supposed to be completely different this year.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #82: March 04, 2019, 02:48:14 PM »
Really glad the training is when I am in NH.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #83: March 04, 2019, 03:06:01 PM »
Really glad the training is when I am in NH.

I hope that it's not telling that they feel they need "training" to show people how to use the portal. If its intuitive and easy to use you don't need training.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #84: March 05, 2019, 01:28:45 AM »
Can I get a different rep? I haven’t gotten an e mail since I signed up initially. How does it feel to have a rep that is engaged and accessible?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #85: March 05, 2019, 08:39:46 AM »
Can I get a different rep? I haven’t gotten an e mail since I signed up initially. How does it feel to have a rep that is engaged and accessible?

Give your rep a telephone call (so old school, I know) and see what happens.

Offline machpost

« Reply #86: March 05, 2019, 10:08:07 AM »

It's all screwed up at this point. I called them about it, and they said not to worry if you see incorrect or missing information. They're still working on populating everything for 2019.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #87: March 05, 2019, 10:34:48 AM »
....so, I'm guessing we don't get the traditional, thanks for being a SPH and have this nice gift as a reward for giving us thousands of dollars months in advance of the first game...

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #88: March 05, 2019, 11:26:21 AM »
It's all screwed up at this point. I called them about it, and they said not to worry if you see incorrect or missing information. They're still working on populating everything for 2019.

Exactly. I've learned not to get too far ahead of the Nats when it comes to the tech issues associated with that damn Access portal.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #89: March 05, 2019, 11:27:52 AM »
....so, I'm guessing we don't get the traditional, thanks for being a SPH and have this nice gift as a reward for giving us thousands of dollars months in advance of the first game...

I'm betting they still give something but honestly the stuff they've given out in the past has been very forgettable. As in, I can't remember what they gave out last year.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90: March 05, 2019, 11:31:07 AM »
I'm betting they still give something but honestly the stuff they've given out in the past has been very forgettable. As in, I can't remember what they gave out last year.

A Curly W Flag. A box the year before.

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #91: March 05, 2019, 11:53:12 AM »

Is all that managed through the same portal in which you access your tickets?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92: March 05, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »
Is all that managed through the same portal in which you access your tickets?

It should be. Although they said they were revamping so all bets may be off.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #93: March 05, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »
The Access site is now down for maintenance. The Nats sent out an email announcing it so I expect it will be ready to roll in a few days. Ideally, it would be great if it would be ready in time for the training programs later this week.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94: March 07, 2019, 02:36:07 PM »
I didn’t realize the training programs were going to be in person at the stadium. And not until the 18th and 19th.

Offline lylelgreen

« Reply #95: March 07, 2019, 04:50:58 PM »
2019 Blackout Dates

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/season-tickets/red-carpet-rewards

Red Carpet Rewards points can be redeemed for tickets to any Nationals regular season home game, with the exception of the following games:

Thursday, March 28 vs. New York Mets
Friday, April 12 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Saturday, May 18 vs. Chicago Cubs
Saturday, May 25 vs. Miami Marlins
Saturday, June 15 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Friday, June 21 vs. Atlanta Braves
Wednesday, July 3 vs. Miami Marlins
Thursday, July 4 vs. Miami Marlins
Saturday, July 27 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
Saturday, August 17 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
Saturday, September 14 vs. Atlanta Braves

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #96: March 07, 2019, 05:00:36 PM »
2019 Blackout Dates

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/season-tickets/red-carpet-rewards

Red Carpet Rewards points can be redeemed for tickets to any Nationals regular season home game, with the exception of the following games:

Thursday, March 28 vs. New York Mets
Friday, April 12 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates
Saturday, May 18 vs. Chicago Cubs
Saturday, May 25 vs. Miami Marlins
Saturday, June 15 vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Friday, June 21 vs. Atlanta Braves
Wednesday, July 3 vs. Miami Marlins
Thursday, July 4 vs. Miami Marlins
Saturday, July 27 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
Saturday, August 17 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
Saturday, September 14 vs. Atlanta Braves

Thanks, Lyle...you should start your 2019 RCR thread with this info so the mods can pin it for us...

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #97: March 08, 2019, 07:49:11 PM »
The Nats ticket exchange program is no longer one for one, you now trade in tickets you can't use for credit, then you select seats for the games you want. Exchange rates are variable. So if you are trading in a regular game against the Marlins for $50 you will need to pay the difference for the same seats against the Dodgers. Someone asked a question about how the variable rates work and the presenters gave what sounded like conflicting information so hopefully someone going tomorrow or Monday can ask more questions.

What I wish I asked is whether the Diamond Club is part of the program so I can trade in tickets for several games I can't attend for one game in the all you can eat club.

Offline Well Wisher

« Reply #98: March 09, 2019, 06:50:00 AM »
Any other scoop from yesterday’s NatsPlus meeting/presentation?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #99: March 09, 2019, 07:08:45 AM »
Any other scoop from yesterday’s NatsPlus meeting/presentation?

Not really, the access page looks nicer and you can now print tickets directory from the site without sending them to yourself as an email. The Ballpark app has more stuff, you can open it now and see most of it. Lanyards and the passes for the SPH express lines are being mailed next week.