Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52997 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #50: February 07, 2019, 09:09:15 AM »
NATS Plus members get a free MLB.tv subscription for the year. This is a real benefit. I’m psyched.

Is that a new benefit? I like very much but I hate to think I missed out on it in the past. It's worth over a $115 according to the email send to SPH.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51: February 07, 2019, 09:13:04 AM »
It’s new this year. Last year they gave just the basic MLB subscription that included only radio.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #52: February 07, 2019, 09:19:44 AM »
It’s new this year. Last year they gave just the basic MLB subscription that included only radio.

yeah, that sounds familiar. Thanks.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #53: February 11, 2019, 01:47:33 PM »
Apparently they had technical difficulties with single game sales this morning. Used to be that would have led to hundreds of posts of complaints, now who would have even known if the team hadn't apologized?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #54: February 11, 2019, 06:48:21 PM »
Anybody know what quantity limit they are putting on Nats Plus opening day tickets this year?

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #55: February 13, 2019, 01:01:19 PM »
Has anyone heard about how they're going to do season ticket distribution this season? I had heard from a longtime seatmate the other day that instead of the NATS PLUS card they're going to dispense the tickets through the MLB Ballpark smartphone app.  This would be rather difficult  in my case since I don't have a smartphone (or tablet or similar device).

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56: February 13, 2019, 01:22:12 PM »
Has anyone heard about how they're going to do season ticket distribution this season? I had heard from a longtime seatmate the other day that instead of the NATS PLUS card they're going to dispense the tickets through the MLB Ballpark smartphone app.  This would be rather difficult  in my case since I don't have a smartphone (or tablet or similar device).

They are doing away with cards. You can get in via smartphone Ballpark App or by bringing in printed out tickets (they claim it will be much easier to print out this year than in years past).

There is discussion of this in this thread.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=37237.0

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #57: February 13, 2019, 01:57:01 PM »
So I guess that eCash I had left over from last year is a de facto donation to the Needy MLB Owners Fund.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #58: February 13, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »
So I guess that eCash I had left over from last year is a de facto donation to the Needy MLB Owners Fund.

You will be able to use e-cash (including whatever is carried over) through the Ballpark app. They are also distrubuting SPH "credentials" that you can use for e-cash.

• babble on
« Reply #59: February 13, 2019, 02:13:07 PM »
The Caps did so this year as well.  Next year maybe they will share the same embedded subdermal chip.  EZ Pass too  :P

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #60: February 13, 2019, 02:14:15 PM »
The Caps did so this year as well.  Next year maybe they will share the same embedded subdermal chip.  EZ Pass too  :P
Hmmm. So I can use money on my ez pass for beer and hot dogs. Most excellent. 

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #61: February 13, 2019, 02:35:22 PM »
Hmmm. So I can use money on my ez pass for beer and hot dogs. Most excellent.

Dedicated lane in the men's room...

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #62: February 13, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »
Dedicated lane in the men's room...
Nice.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #63: February 13, 2019, 02:54:37 PM »
They are doing away with cards. You can get in via smartphone Ballpark App or by bringing in printed out tickets (they claim it will be much easier to print out this year than in years past).

There is discussion of this in this thread.

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=37237.0

Guess I hadn't clicked that particular thread...but I checked with the Nats offices just now and you're right.

Does anyone recall hearing  or seeing any announcement from the Nats that this was going to happen - say, at about the time season ticket renewals had to be in? If I'd known about this at that time I wouldn't have renewed (kind of hard to print tickets from a smartphone app when one does not have a smartphone).

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #64: February 14, 2019, 02:20:36 PM »
Guess I hadn't clicked that particular thread...but I checked with the Nats offices just now and you're right.

Does anyone recall hearing  or seeing any announcement from the Nats that this was going to happen - say, at about the time season ticket renewals had to be in? If I'd known about this at that time I wouldn't have renewed (kind of hard to print tickets from a smartphone app when one does not have a smartphone).

You can print them from a computer as well. They are revamping the site.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #65: February 14, 2019, 02:30:15 PM »

No, there was no mention of this at all before renewal time. I heard some rumblings they were considering going to the App but not for this season and not before renewal. I think you are on to something. They really should not change the product after the sale.

Offline OldChelsea

« Reply #66: February 14, 2019, 02:49:19 PM »
No, there was no mention of this at all before renewal time. I heard some rumblings they were considering going to the App but not for this season and not before renewal. I think you are on to something. They really should not change the product after the sale.

That's pretty much the impression  I got when I talked to my ticket rep this past fall - he told me they might be introducing a digital-based ticket delivery but that some alternative system would remain, at least in the short term. I wonder what made them change their minds and rush the new system into action.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67: February 14, 2019, 03:11:39 PM »
That's pretty much the impression  I got when I talked to my ticket rep this past fall - he told me they might be introducing a digital-based ticket delivery but that some alternative system would remain, at least in the short term. I wonder what made them change their minds and rush the new system into action.

But there is an alternate system. You can print out the tickets and bring them to the park. It's actually no different than any other venue I've ever been to. You use a paper or electronic ticket. In fact it's probably easier because now the tickets are collected in one place for me instead of having to find the ticket and then import it into a wallet. And I always have my phone with me. And it's easier to quickly get tickets to friends and my wife at last minute.

And they have been pushing adoption of the ballpark app for a while. For instance, last year if you arrived within an hour of first pitch you only got RCR if you used the ballpark app to get in. or only sending tickets to the autograph and Hot Stove sessions through the app.

I liked the cards, but I am sure people lost them all the time. They were also quite buggy at the concession stands.

But to answer the question, I am sure that this was done this year because it represented some type of monetary savings.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #68: February 14, 2019, 03:26:07 PM »
But there is an alternate system. You can print out the tickets and bring them to the park. It's actually no different than any other venue I've ever been to. You use a paper or electronic ticket. In fact it's probably easier because now the tickets are collected in one place for me instead of having to find the ticket and then import it into a wallet. And I always have my phone with me. And it's easier to quickly get tickets to friends and my wife at last minute.

And they have been pushing adoption of the ballpark app for a while. For instance, last year if you arrived within an hour of first pitch you only got RCR if you used the ballpark app to get in. or only sending tickets to the autograph and Hot Stove sessions through the app.

I liked the cards, but I am sure people lost them all the time. They were also quite buggy at the concession stands.

But to answer the question, I am sure that this was done this year because it represented some type of monetary savings.
When I had the iPhone 5 the ballpark app didn’t work.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69: February 14, 2019, 03:28:23 PM »
When I had the iPhone 5 the ballpark app didn’t work.

I mean the iPhone 5 is 6 and a half years old..

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #70: February 14, 2019, 03:32:09 PM »
I mean the iPhone 5 is 6 and a half years old..
You should ask how many miles I had in my last car. I only upgraded because I lost the phone in the ocean. There are several apps that don’t work well when you have an older phone. It’s just part of the corrupt system to force people to upgrade their phones. Believe it or not some people don’t have smart phones.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71: February 14, 2019, 03:51:32 PM »
You should ask how many miles I had in my last car. I only upgraded because I lost the phone in the ocean. There are several apps that don’t work well when you have an older phone. It’s just part of the corrupt system to force people to upgrade their phones. Believe it or not some people don’t have smart phones.

Oh, I am aware and apparently they are all on WNFF.  :mg:

I don't begrudge anyone the ability to not have a smartphone. I almost wish I could make it work without one myself. But they are near ubiquitous at this point, designing your system around people who don't have smartphones seems fairly inefficient.

• babble on
« Reply #72: February 14, 2019, 03:54:27 PM »
I only have one for work.  If it weren't for the company iPhone 6 I'd just stick to smoke signals.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #73: February 14, 2019, 03:56:12 PM »
I only have one for work.  If it weren't for the company iPhone 6 I'd just stick to smoke signals.

I am about to get one assigned to me for work. I am not happy about it. I mean who wants two smartphones?

• babble on
« Reply #74: February 14, 2019, 03:58:41 PM »
Arms dealers or drug mules