Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52984 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Topic Start: January 07, 2019, 03:34:59 PM »
Just got an email from the Nats stating that if you are a fed working for an agency affected by shutdown you can have your season plan payments postponed until the government reopens.

Offline wj73

Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #1: January 07, 2019, 04:56:20 PM »
Just got an email from the Nats stating that if you are a fed working for an agency affected by shutdown you can have your season plan payments postponed until the government reopens.

I wonder if this postponement option would have happened if Valerie Camillo was still running things?

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #2: January 07, 2019, 04:58:49 PM »
Shouldn't it be on a case by case basis on ability to pay?     There's just a bad look to the general public about government workers who can afford season plans being in need of special consideration.    Some folks can't pay their mortgage or provide food for their kids and some can't pay for season ticket plans.    Maybe it's just me but there's a chalk on the blackboard feel to it.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #3: January 07, 2019, 05:13:10 PM »
I wonder if this postponement option would have happened if Valerie Camillo was still running things?

It's more PR than anything, if you skip January you pay double in February, a little bit of a break but not much.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #4: January 07, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »
I mean if you aren’t getting paid, you aren’t getting paid. Expenses are expenses. And it’s nice the Nats are doing this. As soon as the government reopens, you owe the full amount anyway. So it isn’t that big of a concession.

It isn’t clear to me why working for the federal government makes these facts less so. I don’t think everyone that has a season plan is rich.

I understand if you (community you) aren't getting paid.    Doesn't mean some of these folks don't have the disposable income from other sources.     Depends on your definition or "rich".    I guess "where you stand depends on where you sit."    I simply think mortgage/living expenses are different than season ticket plans.     

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #5: January 07, 2019, 06:31:29 PM »
Select-A-Seat starts tomorrow. It’s an online sale that allows you to upgrade or improve your location based on inventory. You should have received an email with logon time and password.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #6: January 08, 2019, 09:45:12 AM »
Select-A-Seat starts tomorrow. It’s an online sale that allows you to upgrade or improve your location based on inventory. You should have received an email with logon time and password.

I did. One more thing is that if you want to retain your existing seat you don't have to RSVP or do anything otherwise (I just checked this morning with the Nats offices) - naturally I'm holding on to TBSITH for the twelfth consecutive season.

Offline LoveAngelos

« Reply #7: January 13, 2019, 09:31:03 AM »
Select  a seat was a waste

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #8: January 13, 2019, 11:47:32 AM »
is there a discount for SPH buying Spring Training tickets?  I know there's some complimentary seats in the OF for some dates, but one of my ticket group was looking to see if there was another break.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #9: January 14, 2019, 11:39:02 AM »

I didn't find any seats that were better than mine in my sections but the process itself was very impressive. The ability to see online what seats opened up and to possibly upgrade worked like a dream. I liked the fact that they took tenure in to play.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #10: January 14, 2019, 11:39:27 AM »
is there a discount for SPH buying Spring Training tickets?  I know there's some complimentary seats in the OF for some dates, but one of my ticket group was looking to see if there was another break.

I don't think so.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #11: January 14, 2019, 12:00:42 PM »

Mostly it is a waste for long term plan holders because there isn't much movement in the best seats in each pricing section. I like that they now allow us to change plans (42 A, 42 B, and Full) along with quantity of seats as long as we don't go lower in total cost. What I don't like is that I'm eligible for 2018 prices but all I see are 2019 prices. So I'd have to call my rep to find out my cost.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12: January 14, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »
Mostly it is a waste for long term plan holders because there isn't much movement in the best seats in each pricing section. I like that they now allow us to change plans (42 A, 42 B, and Full) along with quantity of seats as long as we don't go lower in total cost. What I don't like is that I'm eligible for 2018 prices but all I see are 2019 prices. So I'd have to call my rep to find out my cost.

Is that true? I had just assumed you kept 2018 prices only if you kept your same seats.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #13: January 14, 2019, 02:19:20 PM »
Is that true? I had just assumed you kept 2018 prices only if you kept your same seats.

I suspect you get 2019 SPH for those new seats you get just like your own seats.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #14: January 14, 2019, 02:25:14 PM »

Yes, I spoke with a ticket rep, because I made a two year commitment I can get 2018 prices for any open seats. Problem is that the system only lists 2019 prices, even her system listed 2019 prices. So I'd have to contact my rep and confirm the actual price if I want to move.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #15: January 15, 2019, 11:53:19 AM »
There was a column in the Post yesterday about a ticket group that missed the automatic renewal notice and were surprised to find that they were getting charged for a 2019 plan they didn't want. A bunch of comments to the article and on Twitter from other people who also didn't realize that they had been automatically renewed. In some cases the Nats are allowing people to drop down to cheaper ticket plans. In at least one case the team told the plan holder to pay up or get sued.

The Revenue Chief was smart on this one, she got that money.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16: January 15, 2019, 12:13:21 PM »
There was a column in the Post yesterday about a ticket group that missed the automatic renewal notice and were surprised to find that they were getting charged for a 2019 plan they didn't want. A bunch of comments to the article and on Twitter from other people who also didn't realize that they had been automatically renewed. In some cases the Nats are allowing people to drop down to cheaper ticket plans. In at least one case the team told the plan holder to pay up or get sued.

The Revenue Chief was smart on this one, she got that money.

i find it difficult to believe that you couldn't know these were automatically renewing. This was a big deal when they rolled it our and I had to sign multiple documents as well as an agreement allowing them to charge me for the tickets.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #17: January 15, 2019, 12:47:03 PM »
i find it difficult to believe that you couldn't know these were automatically renewing. This was a big deal when they rolled it our and I had to sign multiple documents as well as an agreement allowing them to charge me for the tickets.

Seriously you have to be seriously asleep at the wheel to unknowingly get caught up in that when that kind of money is on the line. The paperwork was very clear. If you're confused, you ask the most important question: how much money do I owe for this year and next?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #18: January 15, 2019, 12:48:40 PM »

You have 6,000 posts on a Nats message board, some people as less involved. Out of about 20,000 plan holders if the average plan costs $5k all they need is 1% to miss the message to keep a million bucks extra coming in.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19: January 15, 2019, 12:50:50 PM »
Seriously you have to be seriously asleep at the wheel to unknowingly get caught up in that. The paperwork was very clear. If you're confused, you ask the most important question: how much money do I owe for this year and next?

Here's the article:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-misunderstanding-with-the-nats-ticket-office-has-my-lovely-wife-crying-foul/2019/01/14/b90e21a2-1812-11e9-88fe-f9f77a3bcb6c_story.html?utm_term=.c020a5bb0d6c

Offline Baseball is Life

Online varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #21: January 15, 2019, 01:38:59 PM »

Agreed...

I read the article you posted...he doesn't say what section they are in.  So guessing they are +/- $70.00 seats, times two, times his half of a 20 game package...we're talking $1,400.00...and he has those tickets.

It's not like he lost anything.  And if his wife is so bad with emails, voice mails and postcards, etc...why doesn't he handle those matters?

I don't feel the least bit sorry for them...and using his pulpit to go thru it in agonizing detail is a punk move...

Offline Copecwby20

« Reply #22: January 15, 2019, 02:29:25 PM »
So she signed a contract without reading it or understanding what she was agreeing to? Because that's what it sounds like. Throw a hissy fit and never go to a game again, more elbow room for me and one less idiot in the ballpark.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #23: January 15, 2019, 02:41:34 PM »
So she signed a contract without reading it or understanding what she was agreeing to? Because that's what it sounds like. Throw a hissy fit and never go to a game again, more elbow room for me and one less idiot in the ballpark.

Sort of. If they had the ticket plan for ten years or so they can be forgiven if they don't read all the details every year. Certainly this was part of the intent from the Nats, the same people likely to cancel are often not paying as much attention to letters from the team. Who cares if they are pissed off, they were planning on cancelling anyway. I understand the lack of sympathy for the individual plan holders who ended up buying a season package they didn't want, but the team deserves any bad publicity they get on this. Purchases for thousands of dollars should require an active opt in.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24: January 15, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »
Purchases for thousands of dollars should require an active opt in.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The only reason they made it opt out was to get people who weren't paying attention.
Legal sure, but a crappy way to do business.