Author Topic: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)  (Read 52447 times)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Re: NATS PLUS questions/comments (2019)
« Reply #25: January 15, 2019, 03:12:55 PM »
I agree with this wholeheartedly. The only reason they made it opt out was to get people who weren't paying attention.
Legal sure, but a crappy way to do business.

I agree with this and they really should work with people who wanted out right after the first charge came in.

Offline machpost

« Reply #26: January 16, 2019, 09:54:22 AM »
Seriously you have to be seriously asleep at the wheel to unknowingly get caught up in that when that kind of money is on the line. The paperwork was very clear. If you're confused, you ask the most important question: how much money do I owe for this year and next?

Though to be fair, it's not exactly easy to get a competent person from the season plan holder office on the phone if you happen to have questions about this stuff.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #27: January 16, 2019, 11:28:03 AM »
Though to be fair, it's not exactly easy to get a competent person from the season plan holder office on the phone if you happen to have questions about this stuff.

Do you have a dedicated rep? I've always had one, even through transitions when they leave.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28: January 16, 2019, 10:12:37 PM »
Hot Stove Session tickets (Saturday January 26 at 3pm) are available now to RSVP.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #29: January 16, 2019, 10:16:42 PM »
Hot Stove Session tickets (Saturday January 26 at 3pm) are available now to RSVP.
if you have the MLB app

Offline Make_lemons

« Reply #30: January 17, 2019, 05:38:08 AM »
That article doesn't say if the woman signed up for the one or two year Nat for Life option. Only the one year option allowed you opt out for 2019.  My ticket rep didn't know how to process it and I suspect the only reason I wasn't charged was because the cc I had on file with my account expired in Sept. 

I got an email this week about select a seat (which refers to me as a Nats Plus member when I have only ever had a partial plan). so who knows what's going on with my account. Luckily I have everything in writing, one yr Nat For Life option. Confirmation of Opt out back in Aug, etc. 

I let you know if they try to sue me!  :hysterical:

Offline machpost

« Reply #31: January 17, 2019, 08:27:45 AM »
Do you have a dedicated rep? I've always had one, even through transitions when they leave.

I do, but he's not terribly reliable. Sometimes takes days to get back to me on things and doesn't have the most customer friendly attitude.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #32: January 17, 2019, 09:46:41 AM »
I do, but he's not terribly reliable. Sometimes takes days to get back to me on things and doesn't have the most customer friendly attitude.

I used to have some great reps, I spoke with them all the time. My last rep was a disaster, he made promises and never followed up, screwing up a school outing I was planning. I used to do annual school groups but stopped after that. My new rep isn't that bad but I have no relationship with him, I'd have to look up his name.

The Revenue Chief went with the model of automatic renewal means that she could go cheap on the customer service. But look, bobbleheads!

Offline machpost

« Reply #33: January 17, 2019, 10:27:25 AM »
I used to have some great reps, I spoke with them all the time. My last rep was a disaster, he made promises and never followed up, screwing up a school outing I was planning. I used to do annual school groups but stopped after that. My new rep isn't that bad but I have no relationship with him, I'd have to look up his name.

The Revenue Chief went with the model of automatic renewal means that she could go cheap on the customer service. But look, bobbleheads!

I've had some great reps over the year, but it seems like they always move on after a season or two.

When the team eventually ends up having a string of losing seasons, they might end up regretting the way they've treated their most loyal fans. One need look no further than Landover to see how that goes.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #34: February 04, 2019, 05:15:13 PM »
So did anyone go to the Hot Stove luncheon and can add more about the team's move to the Ballpark app and away from the NatPlus cards?

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35: February 04, 2019, 05:42:23 PM »
So did anyone go to the Hot Stove luncheon and can add more about the team's move to the Ballpark app and away from the NatPlus cards?

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=37237.0

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #36: February 04, 2019, 06:03:25 PM »
http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=37237.0

Saw that but I was hoping to get more detail about the Ballpark app and the credential they will be using. But what I really want to know is what people think of the idea. ;)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37: February 04, 2019, 06:14:29 PM »
Saw that but I was hoping to get more detail about the Ballpark app and some credential they will be using. Thanks.

The credential is what they will be using to identify you as NATS PLUS.  From what they said at the event, you can use that to get your discount and can add money to it to use in the park to pay for food and at
The shop. It appears (from what they showed at the event) to be something you wear around your neck and has a barcode for scanning. The old cards will be uselesss.

The ballpark app will be the only way to get into games other than printing tickets which they say will be easier in that you can print directly from website without having to forward to yourself first. They are revamping the app so that finding food locations as well as upgrading seats will be more front and center. They also are making it easier to manage red carpet rewards thru the app.

Is that what you were looking for?

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #38: February 04, 2019, 06:21:08 PM »
The credential is what they will be using to identify you as NATS PLUS.  From what they said at the event, you can use that to get your discount and can add money to it to use in the park to pay for food and at
The shop. It appears (from what they showed at the event) to be something you wear around your neck and has a barcode for scanning. The old cards will be uselesss.

The ballpark app will be the only way to get into games other than printing tickets which they say will be easier in that you can print directly from website without having to forward to yourself first. They are revamping the app so that finding food locations as well as upgrading seats will be more front and center. They also are making it easier to manage red carpet rewards thru the app.

Is that what you were looking for?

Excellent, thanks. I hope they will continue the practice of allowing partners to get cards. You could get up to 8 partners per plan last year. Did they mention that? I can always call my rep in the morning if you don't know.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39: February 04, 2019, 08:31:49 PM »
Excellent, thanks. I hope they will continue the practice of allowing partners to get cards. You could get up to 8 partners per plan last year. Did they mention that? I can always call my rep in the morning if you don't know.

No one mentioned anything about that.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #40: February 04, 2019, 08:36:45 PM »
No one mentioned anything about that.

To the contrary, I thought I saw that cards are dead.  No more cards.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #41: February 04, 2019, 08:49:30 PM »
To the contrary, I thought I saw that cards are dead.  No more cards.

Cards are dead. But they are passing out new "credentials" that will allow you to use e-cash but can not be used as tickets. The question I have is if I can get those credentials for my partners like the old cards.

Offline machpost

« Reply #42: February 05, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
The bad thing about using the Ballpark app for ticketing is when the typical face blind usher asks to see your ticket for the third time, and you're holding a beverage in one hand and food in the other. It's easy to flash your Nats Plus card, but it takes a bit longer to take out your phone, unlock it, go to the Ballpark app and display your ticket. Hopefully there will be Wallet integration, at the very least.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43: February 05, 2019, 09:22:06 AM »
The bad thing about using the Ballpark app for ticketing is when the typical face blind usher asks to see your ticket for the third time, and you're holding a beverage in one hand and food in the other. It's easy to flash your Nats Plus card, but it takes a bit longer to take out your phone, unlock it, go to the Ballpark app and display your ticket. Hopefully there will be Wallet integration, at the very least.

Wallet integration was confirmed at the event.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #44: February 05, 2019, 09:57:02 AM »
The ball park app didn’t work with my old iPhone last year. I have also had problems with ushers in Cincy scanning my tickets off the iPhone from the stub hub app. Hoping a new phone solves those issues. Still seems best to print a ticket when you come to the park. Easy to take out of your pocket for the ushers.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #45: February 05, 2019, 10:15:52 AM »

I take a screen print of my ticket so that it's easier to pull up quick and I'm not relying on wifi or cell service.

My impression is that the Ballpark app will be used for tickets and concessions, basically everything. The lanyard cards will be used to get passed the ushers when your hands are full.

Online Natsinpwc

« Reply #46: February 05, 2019, 11:06:54 AM »
I take a screen print of my ticket so that it's easier to pull up quick and I'm not relying on wifi or cell service.

My impression is that the Ballpark app will be used for tickets and concessions, basically everything. The lanyard cards will be used to get passed the ushers when your hands are full.
Makes sense.

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #47: February 05, 2019, 11:30:55 AM »
The lanyard cards will not have seat locations on the them so they will not work like tickets at all. They apparently will be the e-cash platform for people who don't want to use the app and just want to print the tickets.

I talked to my rep today and I think much of this is in flux.

I tend to like using my phone for tickets because I know I'm not going to lose my phone. I simply download the ticket in the Wallet app so there's no need to depend on internet access.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #48: February 05, 2019, 09:12:05 PM »

That damn app is a battery drain too.   Location must be turned on!     :turrible:

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49: February 06, 2019, 06:31:46 PM »
NATS Plus members get a free MLB.tv subscription for the year. This is a real benefit. I’m psyched.