Author Topic: Can't the Nats get a AAA team closer to home? (YES! Rochester)  (Read 7558 times)

Online NatNasty

• Play Ball!
Never mind Kodak - Rochester gave us the "garbage plate"

(Image removed from quote.)

The eastern part of Lake Erie is also a great place for lake-effect snow this time of year if you really want to double down on life's better things.

Good God!  My toilet would never speak to me again if I ate that.

Offline MonsterUSMC

• GO NATS! GO TAR HEELS!!!
Never mind Kodak - Rochester gave us the "garbage plate"

The eastern part of Lake Erie is also a great place for lake-effect snow this time of year if you really want to double down on life's better things.

That looks 10 different shades of disgusting and delicious...I'll bet whoever created that monster didn't do it sober.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Hey the "garbage plate" is just an unrefined ruffian juvenile Strasburger:

Offline MonsterUSMC

Hey the "garbage plate" is just an unrefined ruffian juvenile Strasburger:

That looks glorious!!!

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Just a thought - I wonder if at some point it would be worth swapping affiliates with the Chi Sox.  Charlotte is a bit closer to us and I think NC is theoretically Nats / Os territory.  As for the Chicago, the distance is probably a little less to Rochester.  I'll guess Charlotte is more of a transportation hub, so it probably is more functional for Chicago.  Better weather, too.

Offline MonsterUSMC

Just a thought - I wonder if at some point it would be worth swapping affiliates with the Chi Sox.  Charlotte is a bit closer to us and I think NC is theoretically Nats / Os territory.  As for the Chicago, the distance is probably a little less to Rochester.  I'll guess Charlotte is more of a transportation hub, so it probably is more functional for Chicago.  Better weather, too.
Being a NC native, I would fully support this move.  When I was growing up, it seemed like everybody was a Braves or Yankees fan.  I rebelled.  I was so glad to see DC get a team in 2005, and I jumped on immediately.  I am glad the Nats have caught on with a lot of North Carolinians.  There is a great Nats presence in eastern NC now.

Online Elvir Ovcina

I doubt the Sox would be interested.  They've deliberately chosen to have their low-A through AAA affiliates in a pretty small area in the southeast:  Kannapolis, Winston-Salem, Birmingham, Charlotte.  They've had those four teams for 20 years now, which is almost unheard-of stability, especially given what just happened with MiLB. 

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I doubt the Sox would be interested.  They've deliberately chosen to have their low-A through AAA affiliates in a pretty small area in the southeast:  Kannapolis, Winston-Salem, Birmingham, Charlotte.  They've had those four teams for 20 years now, which is almost unheard-of stability, especially given what just happened with MiLB. 
yes, that makes a ton of sense.  I suppose the same thing for the rays and the bulls

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
That ain't gonna happen.

MLB and their teams just completed a massive and at times, contentious reorganization.

If the Nats were going to get Charlotte, it would have happened. Charlotte has nicer weather and a jewel of a stadium. I wouldn't swap out if I were the White Sox.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
That ain't gonna happen.

MLB and their teams just completed a massive and at times, contentious reorganization.

If the Nats were going to get Charlotte, it would have happened. Charlotte has nicer weather and a jewel of a stadium. I wouldn't swap out if I were the White Sox.
probably even less of a chance at Durham.