Author Topic: Chelsea Janes Leaving Nationals Beat  (Read 3728 times)

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Re: Chelsea Janes Leaving Nationals Beat
« Reply #100: February 01, 2021, 03:32:07 PM »
Chelsea Janes is leaving politics and will now the the national baseball writer for the Post.

https://twitter.com/chelsea_janes/status/1356245885294882818?s=21
Janes says!!!  Her political writing was good to catch and well done.  It's great to have her back doing baseball. I assume that as "national writer," she'll be less concentrated on the Nats like Dougherty and maybe somewhere between Sheinin and Svrluga / Boz.  Great that the Post can add sports staff on baseball.  Hoping this doesn't spell a retirement for Sheinin.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #101: February 01, 2021, 03:53:54 PM »
Jesse D kinda stinks and is annoying on twitter, wish Chelsea was coming back to the beat.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #102: February 01, 2021, 06:12:37 PM »
When Boswell was the start baseball writer, wasn't there always another writer for the Nats as well ?

Janes says!!!  Her political writing was good to catch and well done.  It's great to have her back doing baseball. I assume that as "national writer," she'll be less concentrated on the Nats like Dougherty and maybe somewhere between Sheinin and Svrluga / Boz.  Great that the Post can add sports staff on baseball.  Hoping this doesn't spell a retirement for Sheinin.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103: February 01, 2021, 07:10:22 PM »
When Boswell was the start baseball writer, wasn't there always another writer for the Nats as well ?

Svrluga was the first beat writer, then Chico Harlan, then I think Adam Kilgore then Janes. Sheinen has been the national baseball writer, and Boz is more a general dc sports columnist.

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #104: February 01, 2021, 07:24:37 PM »
Svrluga was the first beat writer, then Chico Harlan, then I think Adam Kilgore then Janes. Sheinen has been the national baseball writer, and Boz is more a general dc sports columnist blowhard.

FIFY

Online imref

• Redemption
« Reply #105: February 01, 2021, 07:26:01 PM »
Jesse D kinda stinks and is annoying on twitter, wish Chelsea was coming back to the beat.

I enjoyed his book, it was basically cliff-notes for the 2019 season but it had some good behind-the-scenes stories.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106: February 01, 2021, 08:53:59 PM »

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #107: February 01, 2021, 09:17:06 PM »
VARK - you are the only blowhard on this - Boswell was a wonderful writer, as other writers like 2IPAs commented

FIFY

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #108: February 01, 2021, 09:19:42 PM »
I see you've moved on from 2020

Big Z's second goal of the season pushed me over the edge...  ;)

Online GburgNatsFan

« Reply #109: February 02, 2021, 03:57:26 PM »

Or they're cutting back baseball reporting, and she'll be the only one, hence the "national" title.