22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 123328 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Who steals library books and doesn't flush the toilet
If he signs with the Phillies, I'm willing to jump full on board with agreeing he is a classless, choking, selfish, lazy piece of #### who cost us the season last year though and completely forget that he did anything good here.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
If he signs with the Phillies, I'm willing to jump full on board with agreeing he is a classless, choking, selfish, lazy piece of #### who cost us the season last year though and completely forget that he did anything good here.

I think you would not be alone in this. It would get ugly when he comes back to Nats Park.

Online Natsinpwc

I blame Harper for some of last years woes and especially early in the year. However he didn’t have Murphy and good Zimm batting around him as he did in 2017. That was a factor also.

The clubhouse tension stuff I don’t quite understand. Did it go away at the end of the year when they played better?  If guys let stuff like that affect them they aren’t being professionals. Somehow it didn’t seem to bother Soto and Rendon when batting. Or Max when pitching.

In any event I thought we had decided it was all Davey’s fault.

Online Natsinpwc

I think you would not be alone in this. It would get ugly when he comes back to Nats Park.
Just a bit ironic after how Nats fans blasted Philly fans on Werth.

Offline UMDNats

Eh, if he goes to the Philles I'll be annoyed quite a bit but won't hold it against him. We all know he wanted to go to LA or NYC. In the end he needs to chase the money because the other options are bad.

No matter what I'll have enjoyed having Bryce in DC and think he did a lot of good here but if someone else pays  him $30 million a year, so it goes. Give Rendon $25 million a year and I'm a happy camper.

Offline Baseball is Life

Just a bit ironic after how Nats fans blasted Philly fans on Werth.

I always got the impression that Philly did not really want him back and did not even make a decent offer. Difference here is the Nats made a great offer to Bryce and if he leaves I doubt it will be about the money. I just can't imagine someone paying him more than the $300M/10 years the Nats originally offered.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Who steals library books and doesn't flush the toilet

Okay, honestly, someone (or more than one?) in my office doesnt. And they throw paper towels in the shutter, clogging it

Online Natsinpwc

I always got the impression that Philly did not really want him back and did not even make a decent offer. Difference here is the Nats made a great offer to Bryce and if he leaves I doubt it will be about the money. I just can't imagine someone paying him more than the $300M/10 years the Nats originally offered.
We will see. I suppose.

Offline tenken627

As the days go by more and more, the less and less I get excited from the thought of Bryce staying. Its not like having hatred or anger or even sadness. 

Its just more like I've lost that loving feeling

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
As the days go by more and more, the less and less I get excited from the thought of Bryce staying. Its not like having hatred or anger or even sadness. 

Its just more like I've lost that loving feeling

Righteous, dude...  ;)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Righteous, dude...  ;)

I see what you did there.     :old:

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Man this board is going to be amazing when Harper signs with us.

Offline nfotiu

Will fans feel more or less spurned if he turned down 300 million from us, and takes 250 million from them?   

Offline Baseball is Life

Will fans feel more or less spurned if he turned down 300 million from us, and takes 250 million from them?   

Obviously if he takes less money to sign anywhere else Nats fans will be pissed. But they will be pissed no matter what if he signs with the Philthies. Me personally if he gets a better deal somewhere else, I would not have a problem with it. That's free enterprise.

Offline skippy1999

• Believe!!!

Seriously :lol:

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Not sure you're right here.  The reaction could be "So have a better season than you did in 2018"

Offline Copecwby20

The biggest question for me at this point is should I buy a Soto or Scherzer Jersey? I’m over this grandstanding bullcrap.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
The biggest question for me at this point is should I buy a Soto or Scherzer Jersey? I’m over this grandstanding bullcrap.

Scherzer. And get colored contact lenses

Offline Senatorswin

At the time Harper turned down the Nats offer he thought he would be able to get more. If he takes less it just means he would love to take the Nats offer now but it's not available and had to take less. My guess 5 - 7 years around 35 million from somebody other than the Nats.

Offline Senatorswin

I see a lot of talk about the Nats playing better the second half of the year. They were 34 - 32 their last 66 games. They were 11-14 in July. 14 - 15 in August and 15-12 in September. Underwhelming.

Offline aBaltoNat

Had to get rid of my Murphy jersey. I guess you have to think Soto will stick. Could never justify buying a pitchers jersey.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
Not even Strasburg ?

Had to get rid of my Murphy jersey. I guess you have to think Soto will stick. Could never justify buying a pitchers jersey.

Offline rileyn

I think the reason fans are ready to accept Bryce moving on is because from Day 1, all anybody ever talked about was his pending FA at 26 years old.  How much will get? He idolized Mickey Mantle so he will be a Yankee. He is best friends with Kris Bryant so he will be a Cub.  It's like we've known all along that he is rental for us.

Offline aspenbubba

I always thought Werth was pretty good at keeping Harper in check, and Harper had a respect for him.   Matt Williams has been around the game for a while, so it would surprise me that he would think a reliever was the right guy for that job.
I agree with this. Werth was his mentor and when Werth retired his absense probably affected Harper s' on field performance.

Online Natsinpwc

I see a lot of talk about the Nats playing better the second half of the year. They were 34 - 32 their last 66 games. They were 11-14 in July. 14 - 15 in August and 15-12 in September. Underwhelming.
They hit better during that time. But the pitching fell apart.