22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 125489 times)

Offline UMDNats

saying his "crappy attitude" drug his teammates down just seems a tad more harsh than "there was some tension in the clubhouse".  I'm sure a lot of guys resented Bryce, I just can't see that manifesting itself to people not playing well in the field, you know?

I didn't mean that he made his teammates play worse - definitely not my intention because he's not making Ryan Zimmerman hit below his weight. Meant that his mediocre/poor play combined with piss-poor body language had a big hand in the team spinning its wheels for 2 months. There was a time we realllllly needed our best player to be our best player last year and he was not only playing well below his talent level (you could argue that he was selfishly looking for HRs, that's a different debate) but he was failing in any kind of leadership test, at least to the naked eye and with comments like "it's me and the Syracuse Chiefs" (and later, throwing Wieters under the bus, etc.)