22 (41.5%)
Padres
2 (3.8%)
D'backs
1 (1.9%)
White Sox
3 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: POLL: UPDATED: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....  (Read 122837 times)

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Re: POLL: Bryce's team in 2019 will be.....
« Reply #1125: January 10, 2019, 10:29:54 AM »
I'm not sure I agree with your premise, but if it's right, then I don't want Harper signed.

I just think that's too much.

Lets get this clear: Harper signed here for more than a year means Rendon is gone. The ONLY reason the Lerners would sign Harper is marketability. People will buy Harper jerseys. The Nats will get primetime games. The Nats will command national attention. The Lerners will make up whatever he costs in luxury tax.

Rendon doesnt. Rendon will likely command close to what Machado gets (in terms of AAV). Anyone who thinks hes signing here for less than 15 million AAV is a fool. Rendon's bat is easily comparable to Machado's, of not better. Hes one one of the best Defenders at third in baseball. He's going to command a lot of money. But hes not marketable in the same way Harper is.

Honestly, Rendon is simply more valuable and a better deal. Theres no ego. No question of effort or teamwork. Rendon just likes to play baseball and comes in every day and performs.