Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 40808 times)

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Too bad ST means jackcrap

Offline imref

Too bad ST means jackcrap

Well, for MAT it does.  For Robles it's a good sign that he's fully recovered from last year's elbow injury.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
In that case who would be the 4th OF?  Stevenson?  I agree that Robles is likely to be our starting CF with Taylor on the bench.  We do probably need to think about adding another veteran OF at some point for the inevitable Eaton DL stint.
I expect this season will see some Matt Adams and Howie Kendrick in the outfield if they're hitting.

I just don't see Robles in the minors until June. It's time for him. If he can produce, he needs to play.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
I really hope Robles wins the CF job. I’m not sure why there’s a competition. How much more of Michael A Taylor do you need to see? He’s not an everyday player. Robles can do everything Taylor can - except he can actually hit.

I think it’s a competition, because Robles has played limited time in the majors. Sometimes even highly touted prospects don’t pan out at first.
From what I’ve seen of Robles, he’s fast, but his defense isn’t as good as MATs. I feel like he gets bad reads on balls and recovers because of his speed.

I think the job is eventually Robles’ but to guarantee the job based on a cup of coffee seems a bit premature.

Offline Air Desmond

Michael A Taylor is a great guy who plays spectacular defense, but he’s no starting CF. He’s proven that over the course of 1,500 major league at bats.

It’s time for the Robles show to take center stage.

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Michael A Taylor is a great guy who plays spectacular defense, but he’s no starting CF. He’s proven that over the course of 1,500 major league at bats.

It’s time for the Robles show to take center stage.
No doubt.  Robles is going to sit on the bench?  Of course not.

Offline imref

I think Robles is our opening day CF.

Online Slateman

Good to see he has Nationals style baserunning down pat

Offline aBaltoNat

Lol

Glad you dug this up to share the thought.

Offline Duke of Earl

Third base coach.

Offline Air Desmond

Third base coach.

I don’t know how Henley still has a job. I’ll never forget hin sending Werth home in game 5 vs the Dodgers. Werth was out by 20 feet.

Online Slateman

Third base coach.

Lol, no. Here's the play: https://streamable.com/b6y9u

Soon as he goes back to the bag, he cant advance. That's basic baserunning.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
I'm gonna go with the positive: he was the only one with an XBH off deGrom.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
I’m watching Nats Xtra pregame and they just went over the Robles base running play at 3rd on OD. The thing that struck me in the post game interview with him was that he needs a translator at his side. So my point is if his English is so bad then is Sendley incapable of conveying run on contact instructions to him which could explain his base running gaff there?

Online Slateman

I’m watching Nats Xtra pregame and they just went over the Robles base running play at 3rd on OD. The thing that struck me in the post game interview with him was that he needs a translator at his side. So my point is if his English is so bad then is Sendley incapable of conveying run on contact instructions to him which could explain his base running gaff there?

Or hes not a good baserunner

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
Or hes not a good baserunner

Mr glass half full is heard from. :mg:

Online Slateman

It would seem that simply hoping for Byron Buxton was hoping for too much

Offline aBaltoNat

Move Robles to 1B when MAT gets back. That's a joke, but maybe moving Soto there and Robles to a corner is not a terrible idea.

Online Slateman

Move Robles to 1B when MAT gets back. That's a joke, but maybe moving Soto there and Robles to a corner is not a terrible idea.

Not sure how moving him to a corner is going to help him learn to break back on fly balls or hit the cutoff.  He needs to go back to Double A.

Offline aBaltoNat

Not sure how moving him to a corner is going to help him learn to break back on fly balls or hit the cutoff.  He needs to go back to Double A.

We need his bat. Less exposure on the corners.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator

I remember you said at one point Robles was a better defender than MAT.  :roll:

Online Natsinpwc

I remember you said at one point Robles was a better defender than MAT.  :roll:
Once he makes a few good plays that will be back.

Offline imref

.455 / .455 / 1.000 through series one

Offline Air Desmond

Robles might still be adjusting in the field/base paths, but he’s a pro in the batters box. 2 homers off a guy known for not giving up the long ball. Impressive.