Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 40837 times)

KV and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

https://deadspin.com/if-this-really-was-bryce-harpers-last-home-game-as-a-na-1829347047

Yeah, I know small sample size, but .275 .321 .851, 3 HR, 2 SBs in 51 ABs this year.

@AndrewSimonMLB
 Most recent players age 21y, 130d or younger to have a game with at least 1 HR, 4 hits, 5 RBI:

-Victor Robles, today
- Juan Soto, June 29
- Adrian Beltre, 7/27/00
- Ron Santo, 6/28/61

So it happened once in 56 seasons and now twice in three months by TEAMMATES.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Regardless of whether they sign #34, I can say I saw the Soto-Robles-Harper outfield.  :)

Online imref

Regardless of whether they sign #34, I can say I saw the Soto-Robles-Harper outfield.  :)

I hope we see it a lot next year, it has a chance to be better than the Bash Brothers (well, without the juice)

Offline aBaltoNat

Oh hell yeah 2019, here we come!!!

Offline Panther Modern

• Hitting is not about muscle. It's simple physics.

This outfield will gewd.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Ironically we will get the same production next season

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
I'll be really curious to see if they try to manipulate his service time by giving him a couple months of "seasoning" in AAA.  I hope not, but they could try to replay the strategy from this year, with MAT starting at the beginning of the year. Robles had 25 days service time coming into the year, so he'll have somewhere between 50 and 55 going into next.  An early June call up would give 6+ years of control.

I think they bite the bullet and let him start from the get go.  His offense isn't perfect yet, but he upgrades the lineup and it would signal a we are in it to win it approach to 2019. 

Online imref

I'll be really curious to see if they try to manipulate his service time by giving him a couple months of "seasoning" in AAA.  I hope not, but they could try to replay the strategy from this year, with MAT starting at the beginning of the year. Robles had 25 days service time coming into the year, so he'll have somewhere between 50 and 55 going into next.  An early June call up would give 6+ years of control.

I think they bite the bullet and let him start from the get go.  His offense isn't perfect yet, but he upgrades the lineup and it would signal a we are in it to win it approach to 2019. 

I don't think there's any way he starts anywhere but CF for the Nationals next year.

Offline UMDNats

I think it depends on the rest of the roster. If we are looking rough or banged up in spring training and need a sparkplug in CF, he starts day one. If Taylor plays well and the rest of the roster is healthy, then we're in good shape to let him play 4 weeks in AAA.

Offline CoryTheFormerExposFan

Can't wait to watch this guy play on a daily basis next season.  If Harper returns, then you either deal Eaton or Harper is going to play a lot of 1B and Zim plays much less. 

Offline slhubic

woo-hoo, can't wait for the changed make-up of this team, and organization, with the core outfield of young talent--Soto and Robles.

Offline Panther Modern

• Hitting is not about muscle. It's simple physics.
Can't wait to watch this guy play on a daily basis next season.  If Harper returns, then you either deal Eaton or Harper is going to play a lot of 1B and Zim plays much less.

I'd be fine with letting Eaton go. I don't want Zim playing any less at Harper's expense.

Offline aBaltoNat

Murphy will be at 1B.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
THE WHITE WHALE COMETH

My hope for Victor Robles is to give us what a healthy Denard Span did. Elite center field defense and an above average leadoff hitter. If he could swipe some bases even better.

I have been hurt too many times getting my hopes up about a Nats center fielder.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
Watched him at the park yet? He has another gear when running bases.

THE WHITE WHALE COMETH

My hope for Victor Robles is to give us what a healthy Denard Span did. Elite center field defense and an above average leadoff hitter. If he could swipe some bases even better.

I have been hurt too many times getting my hopes up about a Nats center fielder.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

You, mikehughes and AZ were big time Tony Plush fanbois  :lmao:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022

You, mikehughes and AZ were big time Tony Plush fanbois  :lmao:
I loved 2009 Nyjer Morgan. He came in, hit .350+, stole a base every other game, and played maybe the best stretch of center field defense I have seen since I started watching baseball closely. I always knew his bat would come back down to Earth, but his regression in the field and the disaster he became on the bases was surprising. Wasn't sad to see the Nats Patterson his ass in Spring of 2011.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Watched him at the park yet? He has another gear when running bases.

He can fly, but I want to see it translate to being a force on the bases in the majors. I don't think he has ever had big steal numbers even in the minors.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
was it Lastings Milledge or Nyjer Morgan who folks said ran pass patterns trying to track fly balls?

Offline Air Desmond

There’s a reason why Soto was the Nationals #2 prospect. Robles is the complete package. Him and Turner at the top of the lineup could be a nightmare for opponents. Both guys could swipe 40+ bags. That’s an exciting brand of baseball. The kind that can spark a rally or big inning. Can’t always rely on the homer. Speed kills. Get those guys on base, and Rendon & Soto will have a buffet of runs to drive in next year.

Assuming Harper leaves

Robles CF
Turner SS
Rendon 3B
Soto LF
Zimmerman 1B
Eaton RF
Difo/Kendrick 2B
Free Agent C

That 1-4 is hell for opposing pitchers.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
I loved 2009 Nyjer Morgan. He came in, hit .350+, stole a base every other game, and played maybe the best stretch of center field defense I have seen since I started watching baseball closely. I always knew his bat would come back down to Earth, but his regression in the field and the disaster he became on the bases was surprising. Wasn't sad to see the Nats Patterson his ass in Spring of 2011.

His glove-slam that allowed an inside-the-park homer against the BLO's was the angriest I've been watching a Nats game at the time (only to be later surpassed by 2012 game 5 and 2014 game 2).

Online Slateman

THE WHITE WHALE COMETH

We already have a much better leadoff hitter in Eaton

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
We already have a much better leadoff hitter in Eaton
can someone find the Dulles Troll Road picture again?

Online Slateman

can someone find the Dulles Troll Road picture again?

Tell me how Span was better.

Eaton has a higher batting average, a much higher OBP, higher slugging, and better steal rate here in DC.