Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 18482 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Robles giveth, Robles taketh away. How hard is it to hit a cutoff man?

Offline DPMOmaha

Or, sure, running it in and handing it to him is an option, too. Sandlot style.

Offline welch

• 2019: Won the fight
The swagger is back, meaning the stupid play is back.

Offline rileyn

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
.207/.258/.241 in June

I say we trade him to the Yankees for Andujar

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
The Robles on The Basepaths theme song:

You just need to have Blind Faith in him that it'll work out. 

Online Mattionals

.207/.258/.241 in June

I say we trade him to the Yankees for Andujar

MLBTR speculated the Phillies could pick him up and put him inbetween Schwarber and Castellanos in their OF.

Online Slateman

MLBTR speculated the Phillies could pick him up and put him inbetween Schwarber and Castellanos in their OF.
I dont think Rizzo will trade him in the division

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
I dont think Rizzo will trade him in the division
why? we aren't contending with the Phillies for a wild card spot and any help he gives them worsens their draft choice.  Our competition is the As, Royals, and Reds. 

Offline catocony

Right after he ran through second base on the should-have been error on the 2nd baseman, and then got easily tagged out, I said to myself that if I was Davey I would bench him immediately and option him to AAA right after the game.  This was of course after saying the same thing after he swipped his bat at the live ball on the ground over the weekend against the Brewers.  He's simply stupid.

Online Slateman

why? we aren't contending with the Phillies for a wild card spot and any help he gives them worsens their draft choice.  Our competition is the As, Royals, and Reds. 

Cus Rizzo wont want to risk them fixing him and having to deal with him in the division

Offline Natsinpwc

Cus Rizzo wont want to risk them fixing him and having to deal with him in the division
Least of Rizzo's worries.  With a new owner probably next year he needs to show something is getting better.

Online Slateman

Least of Rizzo's worries.  With a new owner probably next year he needs to show something is getting better.
There is nothing between now and when the new owners come onboard that will show that.

To be honest, Im okay with Rizzo leaving. It pretty obvious that the Nats need a massive overhaul.

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
I still would rather be watching Andrew Stevenson than Robles. Less errors and stupid baserunning.

I no longer think Robles has a high ceiling. At least not in DC.

Online Slateman

Re-thought this. Maybe they can package Robles with a reliever or two (Carl Edwards Jr?) and get a guy like Rojas, Ethan Wilson, or Hans Crouse