Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 42314 times)

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
Guy has 2 home runs since 2019. Nothing the staff says will change who he is.

I remember watching Robles hit last season. His face was misery, as if he feared failing on every pitch. My hunch says it is something mental, along the lines that he was a star at every level, that he was the "swashbuckling" Victor Robles, that he did OK in 2019, and then flopped in 2020. I remember sitting behind 3B at Citifield a year ago, watching Robles steam toward third trying to stretch a smashup double. A perfect play got him out...I thought he would be safe just watching where the ball was hit but watching Robles rather than the fielders make their throws.

After that, Robles seemed to get cautious and then more cautious. The swings were too often half-hearted and off-balance. In 2019, at least he would swing hard.

This season he does not have a hit, at least not when I last looked. It gets worse and worse. We can see that Davey prefers someone like Dee Gordon in CF, or Thomas. Send Robles to AAA. Let Robles have a few more months to regain confidence and show he can hit. There is nothing to be gained in having him sit on the bench.