Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 15238 times)

Online Natsinpwc

Does the AAA season extend through September? I thought it was over soon...
All the minor leagues play through September this year.

Online Natsinpwc

what kind of pressure is there playing for a team currently in 'tank mode'?
Self imposed!!

Offline welch

• 2019: Won the fight
Self imposed!!

And being in the majors brings pressure. The Post writes about players every day, games are on TV where every pitch and fielding play is replayed in slo-mo, where there is a reporter covering the Nats on MLB.Com and The Athletic. There is not that intense focus on a minor league team, and we can see it just by looking at the threads in the WNFF minors sub-section.

Online Natsinpwc

And being in the majors brings pressure. The Post writes about players every day, games are on TV where every pitch and fielding play is replayed in slo-mo, where there is a reporter covering the Nats on MLB.Com and The Athletic. There is not that intense focus on a minor league team, and we can see it just by looking at the threads in the WNFF minors sub-section.
It's weird though because he put up better numbers in a playoff race in 2019. 

Offline welch

• 2019: Won the fight
It's weird though because he put up better numbers in a playoff race in 2019. 

Maybe it's not pressure in general, but pressure when he is trying to figure out what he started doing badly after 2019? I'm thinking about FP analyzing every swing, or non-swing, on every pitch. Same thing from the opposing team's "experts".

Online Natsinpwc

Maybe it's not pressure in general, but pressure when he is trying to figure out what he started doing badly after 2019? I'm thinking about FP analyzing every swing, or non-swing, on every pitch. Same thing from the opposing team's "experts".
Pitchers figured him out and he has not been able to adjust.  The Nats hitting coach has a good rack record but maybe the Triple A guy can help. 

Offline sixthree175

• Born in 1961
Pitchers figured him out and he has not been able to adjust.  The Nats hitting coach has a good rack record but maybe the Triple A guy can help.
Robles is a poor man's MAT.

Offline dracnal

click on the link:
"Runtime Error"
Sounds like Robles at the plate.

So I'm late to the party on this by a couple of days, but this one made me laugh way too much to not comment on. Well done!

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
So I'm late to the party on this by a couple of days, but this one made me laugh way too much to not comment on. Well done!
Not a perfect line.  Should have been "Sounds like Victor on the bases."