Author Topic: I, For One, Welcome Our New CF Overlord (The Robles Thread)  (Read 42631 times)

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
I'm not holding 2020 against anyone.

If 2019 Robles is his ceiling, is that a bad thing? Not every stud prospect will flourish like Harper, Rendon, and Soto. A lot of teams would be happy with Turner or Soto outcomes, we've just grown accustomed to star prospects becoming superstars.
It's not a bad thing, in the macro. But Robles was billed as a top prospect with 5 tool ability. If 2019 is his ceiling, then Robles is a bust.

You can build a winning team with a stud defensive CF who doesn't hurt you in the lineup. It isn't like he is a bust.
Like I said, if 2019 is his ceiling, he's a bust. Robles was scouted with 65+ grade hit tool and 55+ grade power. He was projected to be prime Andrew McCutchen/ Lorenzo Cain/Shane Victorino/Jacoby Ellsbury. For him to not achieve that and instead, basically become Manuel Margot is a pretty big bust.

But he's young and, like you said, 2020 shouldn't have much stock in it. What is more concerning is his weight gain and sudden defensive drop off.