Author Topic: Nationals @ Cardinals, Game 2  (Read 14838 times)

Offline esoteric

Re: Nationals @ Cardinals, Game 2
« Reply #225: May 26, 2007, 11:14:26 PM »
HEY ESOTERIC, is that YOU on Nationals Radio? University of Chicago Law School, listens to them on MLB Radio every chance?  The question was about starting Jesus Flores at catcher more often, and how Mets fans are furious that we got him from them.  Not ONE word about Cristian Guzman?  At least he got a JESUS in (bowing head to the former quasi-deity Mike Stanton.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Yup, that was me.  As I said above (edited), I thought there was kind of a strange pause after I said my school.  As if they expected me to say "high school" or something.  'Cause I sound like I'm 15.

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #226: May 26, 2007, 11:15:13 PM »
Why would they trade him?  And of course he wouldn't come back out after starting.

It was a joke...maybe a bad one.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #227: May 26, 2007, 11:16:28 PM »
Yeesh, this delay is dragging.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #228: May 26, 2007, 11:18:17 PM »

Hey, how bad can it be?  You got to hear my dulcet tones on the radio!

I actually do enjoy the Nats Talk Live stuff.  I'm going to be mighty pissed if this game gets called off with the tying run at the plate and 2 out, though.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #229: May 26, 2007, 11:18:37 PM »
They're working on the field now. The game should resume shortly.

Any further updates?

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #230: May 26, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »
no way would they call it with 2 outs and the tying run at the plate.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #231: May 26, 2007, 11:19:48 PM »
They just finished talking to me on the radio.  My voice is so goofy-sounding.

Nobody sounds the way they think they do.  I think it's because your ears are on the sides of your head and your mouth is near the bottom of your face.  A recording sounds different because it's not coming from your mouth. 

They got your name wrong on the radio, mixing you up with another caller named "Jeff."  You should have said "Hi, I'm Esoteric, a 13-year-old law school student."  You should SUE them for getting your name wrong!  And you should have mentioned the WNFF and the web address.

They said they get lots of calls during rain delays, but have LOTS of problems getting people to call in AFTER the games are over.  Eso, your voice sounded fine (for a 13-year-old... girl... kidding.)

Offline esoteric

« Reply #232: May 26, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »

Also, we could talk about my favorite X-Files and Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #233: May 26, 2007, 11:20:53 PM »
Nobody sounds the way they think they do.  I think it's because your ears are on the sides of your head and your mouth is near the bottom of your face.  A recording sounds different because it's not coming from your mouth. 

They got your name wrong on the radio, mixing you up with another caller named "Jeff."  You should have said "Hi, I'm Esoteric, a 13-year-old law school student."  You should SUE them for getting your name wrong!  And you should have mentioned the WNFF and the web address.
(Image removed from quote.)

Nice pic, dood. 

I was thinking of giving a shout-out to WNFF, but I froze up inside.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #234: May 26, 2007, 11:21:40 PM »
Man...if they cancel this game, I will go on a kitten-killing rampage.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #235: May 26, 2007, 11:21:53 PM »
Ugh, they were showing decent programming on MASN.  Now they're showing this Orioles garbage with Tom "I hate DC baseball" Davis.  :roll:

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #236: May 26, 2007, 11:23:17 PM »
Also, we could talk about my favorite X-Files and Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes.

Screw them.  Go THE OFFICE on NBC!  Best show ever :lol:

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #237: May 26, 2007, 11:23:45 PM »
Jim Palmer: "There have been a lot of reasons for [the Orioles] to be under .500."

Reason #1: They're owned by Peter AngelO$er

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #238: May 26, 2007, 11:25:28 PM »
Best scene of "The Office" ever:

Jim: (immitating Dwight) "Question: what kinda bear is best?"

Dwight: "That's a ridiculous question..."

Jim: "FALSE!  Black bear."

Dwight: "That's debatable.  There are basically two schools of thought..."

Jim: "Fact: bears eat beets.  Bears.  Beets.  Battlestar Gallactica."

Offline esoteric

« Reply #239: May 26, 2007, 11:25:50 PM »
Ugh, they were showing decent programming on MASN.  Now they're showing this Orioles garbage with Tom "I hate DC baseball" Davis.  :roll:

You know what's odd?  I love baseball.  I mean, not just my Nats, but all baseball period.  I will happily tune into a Pirates/Royals interleague game, identify a rooting interest, and hang on every pitch, keeping the radio on as I go about my work.  I'm never happier than when baseball programming runs from 12:00PM to 12:00AM, preferably with an extra innings games at the end to keep the fun going....

...but for the life of me I just can't enjoy listening to the Orioles for some reason.  Why should this be?  I don't hate them, really.  I hate Angelos, sure, but it's not that.  There's just something about that franchise that sucks the joy out of the game.  Am I just a biased Washingtonian?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #240: May 26, 2007, 11:26:27 PM »
As much as everyone is ragging on Speigner, the radio guys are blaming Young for THREE RUNS, for holding onto that ball that he KNEW he's trapped after one bounce.  That was a DP, and they scored again because he didn't get even one out.  Being kind, they said we need Nick Johnson back (a REAL 1st baseman) and that Young is best as a PH or DH.

15 minute wait on rain.

Offline esoteric

« Reply #241: May 26, 2007, 11:26:30 PM »
WOW. 15-20 more minutes.  Good thing I finished my last exam today.  Haven't slept in 34 hours.  Feeling fine.  Ah, Red Bulls...

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #242: May 26, 2007, 11:29:04 PM »
You know what's odd?  I love baseball.  I mean, not just my Nats, but all baseball period.  I will happily tune into a Pirates/Royals interleague game, identify a rooting interest, and hang on every pitch, keeping the radio on as I go about my work.  I'm never happier than when baseball programming runs from 12:00PM to 12:00AM, preferably with an extra innings games at the end to keep the fun going....

...but for the life of me I just can't enjoy listening to the Orioles for some reason.  Why should this be?  I don't hate them, really.  I hate Angelos, sure, but it's not that.  There's just something about that franchise that sucks the joy out of the game.  Am I just a biased Washingtonian?
I'm exactly the same way.  In fact, I'd root for the Orioles if it weren't for my hatred of Angelos, since I just love baseball so much and they're a close team.

But Angelos coupled with all of the BlO's sheep up in Bawlmer who ACTIVELY DEFEND his decision to try to thwart DC baseball - they just make me physically ill.  At the moment, I despise the Orioles.  I want to hear nothing of them, and I hope their franchise experiences more maddening failures in the coming years.

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #243: May 26, 2007, 11:33:10 PM »
oh sorry guys, was out to dinner with some friends and went to see shreck 3

ugh, rain delay

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #244: May 26, 2007, 11:40:04 PM »
At the point of the rain delay, the score is

Nationals 6
Cardinals 8

2 out, bottom of the 9th inning, with What-the-Fick on 1st base, pinch-running for Dmitri-forgot-he's-playing-1st-base Young singled in a downpour.  The tying run at the plate is Esoteric's favorite ex-Met, JESUS FLORES.

Crowd is applauding the grounds crew that is coming out. Isringhausen is OURS from the 90-minute delay.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #245: May 26, 2007, 11:41:16 PM »
Wow, this Orioles show is thrilling.  Jim Palmer just talking for twenty minutes. :lol:

Nats Access >>> this crap

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #246: May 26, 2007, 11:46:23 PM »
Wow, this Orioles show is thrilling.  Jim Palmer just talking for twenty minutes. :lol:
Nats Access >>> this crap

The invention of the television MUTE BUTTON was created by someone who could not stand the sound of Orioles broadcasters.  USE IT!  Turn on Nationals radio 107.7 FM, 1500 AM in DC.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #247: May 26, 2007, 11:47:47 PM »
Is Izzy going to come back out to pitch or is he done?!

Offline esoteric

« Reply #248: May 26, 2007, 11:49:16 PM »
The worst part about this rain delay is that the long wait could, potentially, end in one swing.  Unbelievable that the umps would ring up Zimmerman on basically a "it's not a strike but I wanna go home" play, and now it's looming large.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #249: May 26, 2007, 11:51:59 PM »
Any further updates?

THey just said the game would resume in a couple of minutes. Game back on and Izzy is out there.