Author Topic: 2019 Schedule  (Read 3453 times)

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
2019 Schedule
« Topic Start: August 22, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
I thought this deserved its own thread.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/schedule/index.jsp#date=03/28/2019

-The Nats play the AL Central as it's crossover division.
-Opening Day is March 28 vs the Mets and Nats Park
-July 4th (Thursday) Game vs. Miami
-All Star Break July 8-11

Interesting Series:
@ COL April 22-24
vs. St. Louis April 29-May 2
@MIL May 6-8
@LAD May 9-12
vs CHC May 17-19
@CIN June 1-2
vs. CHW June 4-5
@ SD June 6-9
@CHW June 10-11
**@DET June 28-30**
vs.KC July 5-7
@BAL July 16-17
vs. COL July 22-25
vs. LAD July 26-28
@ARI August 2-4
@SF August 5-7
@PIT August 19-22
@CHC August 23-25
vs. BAL August 27-28
@MIN September 10-12
@CLE September 27-29

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
Re: 2019 Schedule
« Reply #1: August 22, 2018, 12:59:44 PM »
I will likely do all 3 games in Detroit, a game each in Pittsburgh/Wrigley and one of the West Coast Series (LA in May is nice, So is SF in August).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2: August 22, 2018, 01:04:07 PM »
I will likely do all 3 games in Detroit, a game each in Pittsburgh/Wrigley and one of the West Coast Series (LA in May is nice, So is SF in August).

I wish they would schedule more fan friendly road trips. At least during the summer pair up cities where fans can drive to the next town.

Nothing I'm circling for next year, nothing stands out.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #3: August 22, 2018, 01:14:27 PM »
The road games against LA, San Francisco and San Diego all occur on separate road trips next year. It seems strange to have three separate west-coast trips in a season.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4: August 22, 2018, 01:17:59 PM »
Here's the PDF PB posted...if you want to copy and paste it in your OP...

(Image removed from quote.)

Done

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #5: August 22, 2018, 01:56:47 PM »
Done

Thanks...I removed my post above...

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #6: August 22, 2018, 02:01:21 PM »
I'm not going to merge this and Bluestreak's schedule thread, but let's keep this thread focused on SPH renewals and issues and use Bluestreak's thread to talk about the schedule, road trips, etc...

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #7: August 22, 2018, 02:25:38 PM »
One advantage of the Nats fixture list coming out so early is for travellers like myself - makes it easy to schedule trips round home matches I want to attend.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #8: August 22, 2018, 02:29:39 PM »
I'm super annoyed that that Detroit series conflicts with the Baseball London series.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #9: August 22, 2018, 02:30:44 PM »
It will be many years before I can travel for baseball again (baby), but the obvious candidate for a roadtrip would be Pittsburgh to Chicago in mid-August. You can stop at a bunch of Ohio-based minor league teams inbetween, or perhaps even a Cleveland Indians game if they're home that weekend. The Akron RubberDucks park looks cool.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10: August 22, 2018, 02:38:18 PM »
It will be many years before I can travel for baseball again (baby), but the obvious candidate for a roadtrip would be Pittsburgh to Chicago in mid-August. You can stop at a bunch of Ohio-based minor league teams inbetween, or perhaps even a Cleveland Indians game if they're home that weekend. The Akron RubberDucks park looks cool.

This is my plan. Drive to Pittsburgh see a game, Drive to see a Mud Hens game in Toledo, Drive to Ann Arbor to see friends, eat at Zingerman's, etc. Drive to Chicago to eat the Au Cheval Burger and at Girl and the Goat, see a Game at Wrigley, Fly home.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11: August 22, 2018, 02:39:19 PM »
I'm super annoyed that that Detroit series conflicts with the Baseball London series.

I assume this means you're going to London instead.

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #12: August 22, 2018, 02:43:23 PM »
This is my plan. Drive to Pittsburgh see a game, Drive to see a Mud Hens game in Toledo, Drive to Ann Arbor to see friends, eat at Zingerman's, etc. Drive to Chicago to eat the Au Cheval Burger and at Girl and the Goat, see a Game at Wrigley, Fly home.

The most direct route between Pittsburgh and Chicago passes through or near the following:

- Youngstown, OH (supposed to have a revitalized downtown with cool restaurants)
- Akron, OH (Akron RubberDucks, the Goodyear Blimp hangar)
- Cleveland, OH
- Toledo, OH (Toledo Mud Hens)
- South Bend, IN (Notre Dame)

Canton, OH, home to the NFL Hall of Fame and the burial place/monument of President William McKinley, is just slightly off the most direct route. Southeastern Michigan isn't a horrible detour either. Gary, Indiana is also on the most direct route and may still have an independent league team.

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #13: August 22, 2018, 02:46:42 PM »
I assume this means you're going to London instead.

Yeah, airfare is already booked (thanks AA miles, you sure dont go as far as you used to). We actually have quite the entourage forming, assuming we can get enough game tickets for everyone.  A friend of mine from Madrid is going to fly in and meet us there, plus some of my husband's friends and maybe a cousin or two. Visit  the in-laws for a day before having to "rush" back down to london.

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14: August 22, 2018, 02:52:22 PM »
Yeah, airfare is already booked (thanks AA miles, you sure dont go as far as you used to). We actually have quite the entourage forming, assuming we can get enough game tickets for everyone.  A friend of mine from Madrid is going to fly in and meet us there, plus some of my husband's friends and maybe a cousin or two. Visit  the in-laws for a day before having to "rush" back down to london.

Well, It's only 6 years before the Nats play in Comerica again...

Offline bluestreak

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15: August 22, 2018, 02:56:09 PM »
The most direct route between Pittsburgh and Chicago passes through or near the following:

- Youngstown, OH (supposed to have a revitalized downtown with cool restaurants)
- Akron, OH (Akron RubberDucks, the Goodyear Blimp hangar)
- Cleveland, OH
- Toledo, OH (Toledo Mud Hens)
- South Bend, IN (Notre Dame)

Canton, OH, home to the NFL Hall of Fame and the burial place/monument of President William McKinley, is just slightly off the most direct route. Southeastern Michigan isn't a horrible detour either. Gary, Indiana is also on the most direct route and may still have an independent league team.

Cleveland is only home Aug 23-25 they are away on either side of that. Otherwise I would totally check out a game there.
My Road trip isn't ideal in terms of hitting all the sights, but since I have friends in each of my planned stops, I think it works well. Plus I have zero interest in visiting the Notre Dame Campus. Like less than zero.

Offline Ray D

« Reply #16: August 23, 2018, 05:12:59 PM »
You booked a trip to London, specifically to the the Redsox play the Yankees? And you'r annoyed that that conflicts with Nats/Tigers?  How many teams do you follow?

Offline dcpatti

« Reply #17: August 23, 2018, 05:26:11 PM »
You booked a trip to London, specifically to the the Redsox play the Yankees? And you'r annoyed that that conflicts with Nats/Tigers?  How many teams do you follow?

I don’t really like either the Red Sox or the Yankees but real Major League Baseball in London is too awesome to pass up.   I went to see the Dodgers-DBacks series in Sydney a few years ago and it was a really fantastic experience. Lots of hype and hoopla but also just a cool, very random mix of people just digging baseball. So London will be cool too (and easier to get to).  Wish I could do the A’s-Mariners series in Tokyo too but it’s not practical right now; there’s rumors of a Taiwan 2020 series though and I really want to go to  that.

I only booked this far in advance because I wanted to burn off some miles.

Offline Exponational

« Reply #18: December 03, 2018, 10:35:19 AM »
Any luck with getting tickets for the London games? I tried but got zip - looks like both games sold out within about 45 minutes.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #19: December 10, 2018, 05:35:05 PM »
The games times have been added. Seems earlier this year.

Offline English Natsie

• It's baseball, Jim, but not as we know it...
« Reply #20: December 10, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »
I don’t really like either the Red Sox or the Yankees but real Major League Baseball in London is too awesome to pass up.   I went to see the Dodgers-DBacks series in Sydney a few years ago and it was a really fantastic experience. Lots of hype and hoopla but also just a cool, very random mix of people just digging baseball. So London will be cool too (and easier to get to).  Wish I could do the A’s-Mariners series in Tokyo too but it’s not practical right now; there’s rumors of a Taiwan 2020 series though and I really want to go to  that.

I only booked this far in advance because I wanted to burn off some miles.

Hope you enjoy your visit over here, and that the game makes it worthwhile - but spare a thought for the overwhelming majority of UK fans who MLB priced out of the game...

Offline aBaltoNat

« Reply #21: December 11, 2018, 12:29:59 PM »
Another super early CO series when it'll be cold and rainy. Will be hard with a 3 yr old and 5 month old.

Ugh.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #22: December 18, 2018, 10:30:36 AM »

« Reply #23: December 20, 2018, 02:16:24 PM »
The road games against LA, San Francisco and San Diego all occur on separate road trips next year. It seems strange to have three separate west-coast trips in a season.

Doesn't make any sense to me and definitely doesn't do them any favors. Plus there's a Miami to Colorado trip with no days off, and a D.C.-> San Diego -> Chicago swing within a 5-day span in June with no off days. Plus ending with Cleveland is weird. I like interleague play against the ALE but the years when we play the ALC and ALW teams really screw the pooch schedule wise.

Big thumbs down to the schedule makers.

Offline lylelgreen

« Reply #24: January 07, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »
Bobblehead schedule:

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/packs/six/bobbleheads

Friday, April 12, 7:05 PM, vs. Pirates--Juan Soto

Wednesday,  May 15, 7:05 PM, vs. Mets--Trea Turner

Friday, June 21, 7:05 PM, vs. Braves--Max Scherzer

Tuesday, July 2, 7:05 PM, vs. Marlins--Adam Eaton

Saturday, August 17, 7:05 PM, vs. Brewers--Patrick Corbin

Friday, September 13, 7:05 PM, vs. Braves--TBA