Poll

Would the Monsters or the Nationals win in a baseball game

Lake Champlain Monsters
2 (28.6%)
Washington Nationals
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: June 01, 2007, 06:47:04 PM

Author Topic: Lake Champlain vs Washington  (Read 926 times)

NatsPwn

Lake Champlain vs Washington
« Topic Start: May 25, 2007, 06:47:04 PM »
I would think the Nationals would win it not only because I favor them over the Lake Champlain Monsters but because... their a better team in general! Also why did Lake Champlain change their name? It was fine the way it was before. Now it's from some random people who put in the same thing. If someone put Losers in the poll and that won would they put that?

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
Re: Lake Champlain vs Washington
« Reply #1: May 25, 2007, 07:58:10 PM »
How can you compare the two teams. Even if the Nats were the all time worst team in the league, they are way ahead of the Lake Monsters. If it's a one game contest, you know as well as I do, anything can, and often does happen, but if you are talking about more than one game, as in a series, it's a no brainer.

As for the Lake Monsters changing their name from the Vermont Expos, all I can say in answer to that question is... Well, DUH!

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #2: May 25, 2007, 08:24:55 PM »
C'mon, give my boys some support ;)

However, the Nats are much better than that.  As for the best AAA team in the league, that would be a contest.

« Reply #3: May 26, 2007, 02:54:59 PM »
Nats would burn the Lake Monsters.  Sorry, hands down.  No contest.

I happen to like the "Lake Monsters" name.  Plays right off the myth of Lake Champlain's "Champ", the US version of Nessie.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #4: May 26, 2007, 09:18:30 PM »
Nats would burn the Lake Monsters.  Sorry, hands down.  No contest.

I happen to like the "Lake Monsters" name.  Plays right off the myth of Lake Champlain's "Champ", the US version of Nessie.

I guess you've forgotten about the many times a college team has beat up on a major league team in exhibition games over the past several years. If you think any major league team, never mind that team being the Nats, would take a short season A team serious and walk all over them, I respectfully offer that you need to put down the Kool-Aid and step away from the bar...