Author Topic: Paying for stuff  (Read 2070 times)

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
Re: Re: Nationals Park Questions
« Reply #25: July 25, 2018, 12:11:04 PM »
I use cash primarily/exclusively for tips/gifts.  I use 3 credit cards to pay all of our bills...except for those 3 credit cards, of course....from Dairy Queen to Real Property Taxes...and enjoy free airfare and hotel stays from the points earned.  When I use PayPal, it is with my AMEX as the source of funds.  The 3 credit cards are paid off each month.

I pay all of our bills electronically if given that option.  My trash collection service is a mom & pop and does not accept credit cards, so I stroke them 1 check for the year at the beginning of year.  That may be 1 of maybe 5 checks I cut all year, and very likely the only stamped mail I use all year.

I keep an Excel spreadsheet to manually keep track of monthly/quarterly/annual payments, and use the mailed bills only as a reminder to pay.  I did not go paperless so that my wife can track everything thru the mail if/when I check out.  The spreadsheet also tracks assets, and income that is all direct deposited.  That 1 sheet contains all of the information I know I will need to file our State and Federal taxes.

I also keep a Quicken log that I download all transactions to.