Author Topic: Audi Field  (Read 3936 times)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: Audi Field
« Reply #25: July 22, 2018, 04:10:50 PM »
I don't know the whole story, but the way that the team has handled those other supporter groups, who along with the Screaming Eagles basically carried the franchise through the lean years, seems pretty uncool to say the least. It leaves me with the impression that they're far more interested in attracting the area's bougie newcomers at the expense of blowing off hardcore supporters.

Barra Brava has made a deal with the team, the District Ultras are negotiating a deal and should have one in place soon. Changes in upper management at the teams appears to have cleared the way towards a resolution. The question is how much resentment remains between the supporters groups.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #26: July 22, 2018, 06:04:47 PM »
Quite a lot.  I walked away from the whole thing, as did a lot of other people.  Too much drama. 
The question is how much resentment remains between the supporters groups.

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #27: July 22, 2018, 06:37:14 PM »
If they weren’t desperate for ticket sales, I wonder if dc United would just wash their hand of the whole thing

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #28: September 03, 2018, 12:39:59 PM »
Made my second trip last night. Another great game by the United, beating the first place team, we're playoff bound.

The DCU fans who drive need to figure out the traffic patterns on South Cap Street, zigging and zagging and not knowing how to get to their spots. Luckily they were paying more than I did to park further away. Their fans are still figuring out the stadium too, lots of people wandering up and down the stairs looking for their section.

I needed the exercise, but that stairwell to get up to the upper deck was a killer in the heat, lot of fun getting sweaty before watching the game. The real big set of stairs was the one behind the south goal, must have been 50 rows on a steep incline. Same number of steps as section 129 at Nats Park, just straight up.

Best part is not being stuck with InBev beer brands, whatever they touch is bland. Got a Lil Sumpin Sumpin. Another nice feature is the no bags allowed in the stadium. The lines to get in were long but they moved.

They really need to get another scoreboard with the player names. I know that fans should know the full rosters of both teams but I didn't and it would have been nice to know who made the nice slide tackle. I wish they would take down the screens with ads over the west stands, it would be a killer river view that is blocked.

I'll be surprised if they don't have to replace the seats in the next couple years, very cheap plastic, they won't hold up when people start stepping on them to hop up or down a row.

Offline Panther Modern

• Hitting is not about muscle. It's simple physics.
« Reply #29: September 03, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »
Made my second trip last night. Another great game by the United, beating the first place team, we're playoff bound.

The DCU fans who drive need to figure out the traffic patterns on South Cap Street, zigging and zagging and not knowing how to get to their spots. Luckily they were paying more than I did to park further away. Their fans are still figuring out the stadium too, lots of people wandering up and down the stairs looking for their section.

I needed the exercise, but that stairwell to get up to the upper deck was a killer in the heat, lot of fun getting sweaty before watching the game. The real big set of stairs was the one behind the south goal, must have been 50 rows on a steep incline. Same number of steps as section 129 at Nats Park, just straight up.

Best part is not being stuck with InBev beer brands, whatever they touch is bland. Got a Lil Sumpin Sumpin. Another nice feature is the no bags allowed in the stadium. The lines to get in were long but they moved.

They really need to get another scoreboard with the player names. I know that fans should know the full rosters of both teams but I didn't and it would have been nice to know who made the nice slide tackle. I wish they would take down the screens with ads over the west stands, it would be a killer river view that is blocked.

I'll be surprised if they don't have to replace the seats in the next couple years, very cheap plastic, they won't hold up when people start stepping on them to hop up or down a row.

(Image removed from quote.)

Oh, man, that looks fun. I'm trying to land tickets sometime in October.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #30: November 02, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
Great night despite the crap outcome.

The really need to fix the bathrooms, five urinals with at least 50 guys waiting at half time. The line went from the bathroom at the goal line almost to half field. Definitely more than 50 waiting.

The food lines were the opposite, so fast. Nats Park needs to copy whatever Audi Field is doing, extremely efficient staff and system.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #31: November 02, 2018, 02:54:54 PM »
Great night despite the crap outcome.

The really need to fix the bathrooms, five urinals with at least 50 guys waiting at half time. The line went from the bathroom at the goal line almost to half field. Definitely more than 50 waiting.

The food lines were the opposite, so fast. Nats Park needs to copy whatever Audi Field is doing, extremely efficient staff and system.
fwiw, I heard from a woman in my office that the women's room had minimal wait.  I don't know the gender split at United games.  I'll guess it leans more male than other sports.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #32: November 03, 2018, 12:49:17 AM »
fwiw, I heard from a woman in my office that the women's room had minimal wait.  I don't know the gender split at United games.  I'll guess it leans more male than other sports.

I'm not sure about that, there were plenty of women there, although I'd say that the 24oz beers were more popular with the guys.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #33: November 08, 2018, 02:13:43 PM »
Quote from: PowerBoater69 link=topic=36696.msg1974215#msg1974215 [...
Finally, WTF is up with five pissers in the men's room behind 101? In what world is five sufficient?[...]

It's a little trick they borrowed from the airlines (i.e. cutting back loos in favour of, in their case, adding more seats).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #34: November 30, 2018, 02:37:04 PM »
Per Pablo Maurer:

BREAKING: The XFL is set to announce - likely next week - that it's going to put a franchise in DC and that they'll play at @AudiField. Details are still unclear, but they've been in talks w/#DCU for several months on it. More to come.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #35: November 30, 2018, 02:38:27 PM »
XFL? Again?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #36: November 30, 2018, 03:26:35 PM »

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.