Author Topic: OT funny Billy Connors story  (Read 607 times)

Offline RichMinSC

OT funny Billy Connors story
« Topic Start: June 22, 2018, 03:35:53 PM »
as you know long time Yankee (plus others) pitching coach Billy Connors died this week. Billy had cups of coffee asa player with the Mets and Cubs. He hada 30 year career as a pitching coach and as a real character. His biggest talent was teaching pitches to past their prime pitchers extending their careers by years. He even taught the spitball (getting reminded by teh commissioner the spitball was illegal)

he dated an adult movie actress for along time and teh Cubs (as their pitching coach)would not let hm bring her to the park. he went out to the mound one day to talk to a pitcher who was losing his confidence and said "what are you concerned about I'm the one who had to follow _____ name of big time male XXX star"     The best one was David Cone  had given up back to back homers on 2 pitches accompanied by the requisite fireworks. Billy went to the mound and Cone growled "get you fat @$$ back to the dugout. " Connors said "I'm not here to see you, I'm giving the fireworks guy time to reload" 

Where have all the characters gone

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: OT funny Billy Connors story
« Reply #1: June 22, 2018, 03:37:41 PM »
as you know long time Yankee (plus others) pitching coach Billy Connors died this week. Billy had cups of coffee asa player with the Mets and Cubs. He hada 30 year career as a pitching coach and as a real character. His biggest talent was teaching pitches to past their prime pitchers extending their careers by years. He even taught the spitball (getting reminded by teh commissioner the spitball was illegal)

he dated a pictures actress for along time and teh Cubs (as their pitching coach)would not let hm bring her to the park. he went out to the mound one day to talk to a pitcher who was losing his confidence and said "what are you concerned about I'm the one who had to follow _____ name of big time male pictures star"     The best one was David Cone  had given up back to back homers on 2 pitches accompanied by the requisite fireworks. Billy went to the mound and Cone growled "get you fat @$$ back to the dugout. " Connors said "I'm not here to see you, I'm giving the fireworks guy time to reload" 

That second one is pretty damned good.   :lol:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2: June 22, 2018, 03:52:18 PM »
this doesn't belong in the Clubhouse

Offline RichMinSC

« Reply #3: June 22, 2018, 04:48:10 PM »
this doesn't belong in the Clubhouse

GFY

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #5: June 22, 2018, 04:55:07 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Took me a second to figure his response out.    :)     

Scraps

« Reply #6: June 22, 2018, 04:57:35 PM »

he dated an adult movie actress for along time and teh Cubs (as their pitching coach)would not let hm bring her to the park. he went out to the mound one day to talk to a pitcher who was losing his confidence and said "what are you concerned about I'm the one who had to follow _____ name of big time male XXX star"     The best one was David Cone  had given up back to back homers on 2 pitches accompanied by the requisite fireworks. Billy went to the mound and Cone growled "get you fat @$$ back to the dugout. " Connors said "I'm not here to see you, I'm giving the fireworks guy time to reload" 

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Too funny! LMAO!

Thanks for sharing Uncle Rich!  :lol:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #7: June 22, 2018, 04:57:53 PM »
GFY
He just means it should be in the out of town scoreboard. The mods will move it.

Offline RichMinSC

« Reply #8: June 22, 2018, 05:15:02 PM »
He just means it should be in the out of town scoreboard. The mods will move it.

out of town scoreboard ? that means scores from out of town games to me  i have never opened that folder and never will

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #9: June 22, 2018, 05:19:02 PM »

...and people have accused me of being a curmudgeon...  :whistle:

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #10: June 22, 2018, 05:25:24 PM »
out of town scoreboard ? that means scores from out of town games to me  i have never opened that folder and never will
Clubhouse = Nats stuff
Out Of Town Scoreboard = Other baseball
Red Loft = other than baseball.

So if someone else had posted something funny like this you would have missed it. Go figure.

Offline Natsinpwc

« Reply #11: June 22, 2018, 05:25:47 PM »
...and people have accused me of being a curmudgeon...  :whistle:
Shocking. Just shocking.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #12: June 22, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
Shocking. Just shocking.

I know.   Right?

Offline varoadking

• King of Goodness
« Reply #13: June 22, 2018, 05:29:39 PM »
Shocking. Just shocking.

I wonder what Claude Rains thought about BABIP?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #14: June 22, 2018, 05:37:59 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I wonder what Claude Rains thought about BABIP?

:nts: